Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Honestly the thing I like the most is the old 360 poo poo I got Lost Odyssey cued up to play when I'm done with ff7

What's Lost Odyssey like? I've heard it's good, but it reels weird to pay for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

1glitch0 posted:

What's Lost Odyssey like? I've heard it's good, but it reels weird to pay for a game.

It's got a decent story, and feels like a nice homage to FF8-10 basically from systems. Limited grinding due to soft caps throughout, and a lot of good short stories.

It did feel long, but fights felt enjoyably tactical throughout.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The first post of this thread needs a complete overhaul lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Noob Saibot posted:

The first post of this thread needs a complete overhaul lol

Good luck

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a sacred relic from the console wars.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

They never ended people on Twitter were losing their minds over Persona earlier and I dunno if real but apparently someone started a petition to cancel the Kojima game I mean it's funny but also depressing too I feel bad for these people

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

They never ended people on Twitter were losing their minds over Persona earlier and I dunno if real but apparently someone started a petition to cancel the Kojima game I mean it's funny but also depressing too I feel bad for these people

lol oh come the gently caress on. I will absolutely play the Kojima thing on my Xbox Series X or whatever the current Xbox is by the time it's out, assuming it doesn't also launch on PlayStation or Steam, and look forward to hearing more about it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

In terms of terrible people brand warriors loving suck but are mostly harmless imo

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

They never ended people

The Who? What?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Honestly at this point the console wars are probably the most wholesome thing the "gaming community" is involved in.

Excited for a bunch of a new games to try out for free on Game Pass. Just this weekend while on my covid quarantine I discovered Scarlet Nexus, which owns (after bouncing off of Sniper Elite). Very happy I brought the XBox instead of the PS5 to the house while quarantining.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm really glad that years after the infamous final fantasy Xbox post, people are still doing that poo poo

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm trying to convince myself I want an xbox series x so I can play some XBOX games and some old XBOX 360 games I never finished, and maybe some new xbox games.

No RPG exclusives for the new one yet?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Yea it’s got a lot of other great things about it too

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
weirdly most hyped for the Obsidian 2-D game, Pentiment. ill play a bunch of the others since they're on gamepass but nothing that really blew me away.

star field managed to underwhelm my extremely low expectations, but I couldn't stop laughing that with all the resources in the universe they're gonna roll out a space game totally devoid of character while Obsidian's Outer Worlds was made with 1/10 the budget and has 1000x the character and vibes.

also where the gently caress was the Avowed gameplay reveal? I feel like we've had nothing at all besides a short cinematic on that one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's overselling Outer Worlds a bit, it has like, 1.5x 2x the character at most

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

Yea it’s got a lot of other great things about it too

I'm tryin to look online and I already have a gaming PC and don't really like FPS/racing games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1536068000490704897?s=21&t=wDZg1r0k4Zs1RZEM62o1VQ

Barudak
May 7, 2007

100% is when I get bored in the first 10 hours and quit in a persona game

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Adun posted:

Honestly at this point the console wars are probably the most wholesome thing the "gaming community" is involved in.

Excited for a bunch of a new games to try out for free on Game Pass. Just this weekend while on my covid quarantine I discovered Scarlet Nexus, which owns (after bouncing off of Sniper Elite). Very happy I brought the XBox instead of the PS5 to the house while quarantining.

I'm playing Scarlet Nexus right now. Throwing cars at people has never been such fun!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm really glad that years after the infamous final fantasy Xbox post, people are still doing that poo poo

That sounds funny. What was it?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So was anything new announced for 2022 launch?

Edit: answered my own question here. Pretty disappointing

https://press-start.com.au/news/xbo...next-12-months/

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 13, 2022

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

That sounds funny. What was it?

I believe they're referring to this.

I enjoyed the show quite a bit! I think I said this a while back but it's so much more exciting to me than other shows because I can let myself get excited about a game looking cool without worrying about wasting money on it if I know it's hitting Game Pass.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I consider myself a student of japanese culture and I can tell you that what Kojima did today disrespected Sonys honor. Sony will be sending an envoy to Kojima productions to demand a finger in return

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

SpiderLink posted:

I believe they're referring to this.

The internet is so dumb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not sure if this means anything but Xbox did list Stalker 2 in their 2023 games

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1536058153481039872

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Have we talked about how extremely funny the lack of Halo was at the presentation because... It is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hey it was in flight Simulator

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

External Organs posted:

Have we talked about how extremely funny the lack of Halo was at the presentation because... It is.

halo has already been out for like a year dude

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Khanstant posted:

halo has already been out for like a year dude

I demand more and better content!

Naw it's cool I hope they aren't crunching on custom games and poo poo I just want to use the grappling hook in increasingly bizarre situations

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

External Organs posted:

I demand more and better content!

Absolutely should. Their pirate boat game is on S7 of new content.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh sweet, Valheim to game pass? It was on my wishlist for a while but never got around to buying.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Someone mentioned to me that a Sea of Thieves 2 game was announced/teased, but I can't seem to find anything about that. Just the Season 7 thing. Is that it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Someone mentioned to me that a Sea of Thieves 2 game was announced/teased, but I can't seem to find anything about that. Just the Season 7 thing. Is that it?

Just Season 7, that person was confused.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I've heard such mixed things about Sea of Thieves I just don't know if it's worth the time to check it out or not.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
People who play it loving love it but the main thing I’ve heard over and over again is that if you want to play you basically need a crew of friends to play with. It’s miserable solo, getting PVP ganked over and over again as you try to make any progress.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Did they say anything about what you do in Starfield's combat besides just straight shooting?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Did they say anything about what you do in Starfield's combat besides just straight shooting?

Nada

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

The only online petition ever worth signing was the one to get Woolie haunted for 3 to 5 months.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Good lord, why does Live service go down every time I try to play this weekend. Cmon man.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm glad it's not only me. I keep getting errors on my game saying that something went wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

People who play it loving love it but the main thing I’ve heard over and over again is that if you want to play you basically need a crew of friends to play with. It’s miserable solo, getting PVP ganked over and over again as you try to make any progress.

There is a goon discord.