Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I unchecked all the DLC just now, and went to download it from my library, and it prompted me with 125.95gb instead.

I can't tick any boxes before I can download it - that seems to be reserved to installed games. I have the complete Planet Zoo installed and I can remove those DLC individually, but there is no option to choose DLC before I download. Normally that's not a huge deal, but 126 gb for pity's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

I can't tick any boxes before I can download it - that seems to be reserved to installed games. I have the complete Planet Zoo installed and I can remove those DLC individually, but there is no option to choose DLC before I download. Normally that's not a huge deal, but 126 gb for pity's sake.

Right click on the game in your library, go to properties, click the DLC tab.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

Once you add a game to your account, you should be able to go to your library, then select ark, then scroll down to DLC on the ARK page there, and uncheck all the DLC you have, and then click on the blue "INSTALL" button

it should only download the base game

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
you guys are spending way too much energy on ark, which is a bad game

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Buy horizon zero dawn instead

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

Buy horizon zero dawn instead

I believe that was offered up free not too long ago

so unfortunately that's out

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

HZD was never free afaik, if that means you can play it. It was substantially cheaper tho (they raised the price recently)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It was free on PS4, that and a few other games in mid 2020 or so. Wait they raised the price?!

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
HZD may not be free, but it is a bad boring game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Oh right, I forgot it was a PS4 game. They definitely released the price on Steam, at least in my region! I bought it at 50% off for RM40, but now half price is RM80 or so (because the base price went up). I feel like I saw another game do this a few weeks back but can't remember what atm

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

2house2fly posted:

It was free on PS4, that and a few other games in mid 2020 or so. Wait they raised the price?!

It was the free game of the month, you need to be subscribed to PlayStation Gold the month it's free and you lose access if you ever let the subscription lapse (you regain access if you restart) so it wasn't really free, you would have had to pay 10-15 Bucks that month and another 10-15bucks any other month you wanted to play it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It was the free game of the month, you need to be subscribed to PlayStation Gold the month it's free and you lose access if you ever let the subscription lapse (you regain access if you restart) so it wasn't really free, you would have had to pay 10-15 Bucks that month and another 10-15bucks any other month you wanted to play it.

yeah but that means if you want to play it, it isn't free so you can play it

truly the most moral arrangement

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, it was never free.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I was briefly interested in that new Playstation Premium whatever that comes out soon, but the PC offerings for it are so meagre that it doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Other than streaming RDR1, which I've always wanted to play, I don't see much reason. I'm away for the summer and I don't have my PS2, 3 or 4 with me regardless, but I haven't even turned on my PS4 this year I don't believe.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wasn't HZD free on Epic a few weeks back? Phone posting so I can't check

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Serperoth posted:

Wasn't HZD free on Epic a few weeks back? Phone posting so I can't check

Nope

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was on sale and then epic had the coupons so you could get it for $20. that's probably as cheap as it has been.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse free on GOG.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That's the really good one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That link doesn't work and the site isn't taking me to the actual giveaway lol

E: Ah, there we are

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The link is direct to the form submission, it claims the game without displaying a page, if you already have a logged in gog cookie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, would explain since I'm on my phone.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

If you just want to try Ark without installing it, use geforce now. Free account lets you play for an hour at a time (and then queue up again immediately if you want). It’ll help you decide if you want to go through the effort of making enough HD space to install locally. They tend to have all the free epic games. I tried out Maneater that way too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

All games are bad. HTH.

tight aspirations posted:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse free on GOG.

gently caress. OK, 99.99999e% of games are bad. HTH.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
The only Shantae game I played was the original one on 3DS virtual console, which I liked apart from a few foibles that I can no longer remember as this was a decade ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Pirate's Curse is considered the best one

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

The link is direct to the form submission, it claims the game without displaying a page, if you already have a logged in gog cookie.

Weirdly, I could not get the site's claim button to work, but that link did. Maybe AdBlocker messed it up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Shantae giveaway has been extended an additional 48 hours.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I managed to get it through the GOG Galaxy client if anyone is having trouble.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Trickyblackjack posted:

I managed to get it through the GOG Galaxy client if anyone is having trouble.
Yeah seems like they kinda hosed up the UI for it, this link will redeem it if you're logged in.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

It was free for PS4 and PS5 as one of Sony's Play at Home games, free to keep with no subscription required.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It was the complete edition with the DLC as well. Very generous! Naturally I have not bothered to play it for even a single second

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How about if I already bought it on 3DS back when it was new?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
From everything that I have heard, the series goes much like this... the first game was a bit of an odd duck that came out very late in the Game Boy Colour's life. It was gorgeous for the time and system, but had some design flaws that brought it down. Nevertheless, a very encouraging first effort and also, coincidentally, one of the most expensive games on the second-hand cartridge market. The next three games were all very good evolutions of the first and each one was ported to just about anything with a screen. However, the most recent installment was a lazy, low-effort cash grab that was probably knocked out in a cynical attempt to make a few pence and tarnishes the legacy somewhat. There is also the fact that the games are rather oversexed, but that is up to the individual player.

So, the series could best be described as a sort of quality bell curve where the best bit is in the middle and this free one might be the top of the heap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Seven Sirens was an Apple Arcade exclusive launch, so yeah, they were probably just cashing in to get that Apple money.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I don't think it's a coincidence that the best one is the one without the transformation system either. Oops gotta go underwater, time to bring the game to screeching halt for a few seconds for the dance animation to cycle over to the one which turns Shantae into a fish or whatever.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Also Seven Sirens doesn't have Virt's music to my knowledge.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1537058059960299525?s=20&t=excUhzx6_YGQ5H_Xhe8rSQ

I think this might be a different version of Daggerfall from the one you already got for free on GoG.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1537058059960299525?s=20&t=excUhzx6_YGQ5H_Xhe8rSQ

I think this might be a different version of Daggerfall from the one you already got for free on GoG.

Daggerfall Unity is a fan mod that ports the game to a whole different engine. The Daggerfall Unity devs don't own Daggerfall though so they can't distribute the actual copyrighted game files with it. Instead, DFU is a separate executable that you have to set up by pointing to a pre-existing real-daggerfall installation so it can use the maps and game data from that.

The gog download is DFU + the actual daggerfall files, all already set up to work right out of the box.

Daggerfall itself is permanently free on Steam + GoG + on the old Bethesda launcher before that died

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Unity is the best way to experience Daggerfall, but the game is very difficult to get into after a decade of Creation Engine games. It is unapologetically janky as gently caress.

Very fun mess around with, however.