Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
um actually i think you'll find that the your baby isn't really starving just look at this powerpoint presentation here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

um actually i think you'll find that the your baby isn't really starving just look at this powerpoint presentation here

Now all of a sudden you DON'T want to address childhood obesity???

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

listen Jack I have a modest proposal that will solve both of those problems

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
actually haven’t you heard that Biden got the army to airlift baby formula in from Canada or something? clearly he is doing his best.

the free market has to take care of it jack

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Looks like the Dems are stretching the definition of the word "compromise" here:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1536015973324562435

quote:

The compromise would make the juvenile records of gun buyers under age 21 available when they undergo background checks. The suspects who killed 10 people at a grocery store in Buffalo and 19 students and two teachers at an elementary school in Uvalde were both 18, and many of the attackers who have committed mass shootings in recent years have been young.

The agreement would offer money to states to implement “red flag” laws that make it easier to temporarily take guns from people considered potentially violent, and to bolster school safety and mental health programs.

And it would take other steps, including requiring more people who sell guns obtain federal dealers’ licenses, which means they would have to conduct background checks of purchasers.

Basically they agreed with the GOP's idea of doing nothing, but they will still try to run on this as a major accomplishment in 2022.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
How many of these mass shooters have any on-record criminal or mental health history at all?

It's gotta be well less than half, right?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Whatever it is, it will drop close to zero if you make it so that any history of getting treated for mental heath issues prevents you from getting a gun

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Stereotype posted:

actually haven’t you heard that Biden got the army to airlift baby formula in from Canada or something? clearly he is doing his best.

the free market has to take care of it jack
it would be far more environmentally friendly to airlift the babies to the formula factories

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

ikanreed posted:

How many of these mass shooters have any on-record criminal or mental health history at all?

well, fortunately conservative parents have deep misgivings about arming their own children and will generally trust gun control legislation so as long as we trust the system everything hsould be fine

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you now about U.S.A.I.D., prepare to feast your eyes on a new organization: A.I.D.U.S.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

you now about U.S.A.I.D., prepare to feast your eyes on a new organization: A.I.D.U.S.

there's a joke about giving america AIDS in there somewhere

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Platystemon posted:

He’s running, and he’s going to win.

Trump acknowledging problems exist automatically makes him better than Biden. I know Trump did a lot of hosed up things, but I also remember the COVID aid which Biden killed and called an accomplishment. Voting for Trump in 2024 may be the ethical strategic vote

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

random thoughts while at the grocery today:

* lovely, fatty lamb chops that used to be $3.99/lb tops are now $7.99
:wtf: pass

* the whole wheat bread that used to be $2.99 is now $4.99

* green peppers at $1.79/lb seems high for this time of year; jalapenos are cheaper & taste better

* the corner store near me charges $5.99 for ben & jerry's. The grocery is charging $7.99. I went with the store brand choco mint for $3.50

* the only larger size of matzo meal was gluten-free, and $10/can. :wtf: pass

* except for the green peppers the produce was cheap, like $.99 iceberg lettuce & $1.29 broccoli crowns cheap

I hope they do the same analysis on a July 4th cookout as they did that other time when they bragged about saving a nickel total.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Andorra posted:

I hope they do the same analysis on a July 4th cookout as they did that other time when they bragged about saving a nickel total.

im 100% certain the farm burro will, but i have a feeling the white house wont be tweeting out the results

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol even the dumb one can dunk this easily

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol even the dumb one can dunk this easily

I bought gas the week before last and 3/4 of a tank cost me 60 bucks

I bought gas today and half a tank cost me 60 bucks

Not sure but I think things might be looking not so great for the Democrats in 2022

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

Not sure but I think things might be looking not so great for the Democrats in 2022

I'm not sure if you're aware, IDIOT, but Number went up so you're doing fine

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

people think that every time somebody says weird poo poo a nurse checks a box labeled "crazy"

But NRA lobbied to encrypt the file that has this info

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

the white hand posted:

people think that every time somebody says weird poo poo a nurse checks a box labeled "crazy"

But NRA lobbied to encrypt the file that has this info

No need to encrypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQ2b6ZwwCU

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are you linking to actual information, that has jack poo poo to do with what I said

Think on this

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

Looks like the Dems are stretching the definition of the word "compromise" here:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1536015973324562435

Basically they agreed with the GOP's idea of doing nothing, but they will still try to run on this as a major accomplishment in 2022.

wrong

quote:

The agreement would offer money to states to enact and put in place “red flag” laws that make it easier to temporarily take guns from people considered potentially violent, plus funds to bolster school safety and mental health programs.

Congressional aides said billions of dollars would be spent expanding the number of community mental health centers and suicide prevention programs. But they said some spending decisions are unresolved, as are final wording on juvenile records and other gun provisions that might prove contentious.

it's not nothing, it's going to be billions of dollars for cops

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

wrong

Technically, that is nothing since it's the status quo! *taps head*

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

The Oldest Man posted:

wrong

what do you think all that bragging about a surplus is for

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

buy an electric car imo

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

the white hand posted:

listen, here's jack poo poo

I did that

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Lord of Pie posted:

that's where youre wrong, friend. they are in it to win it!
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1536132741854416896?t=wzQ6E5m4j9jNnjE1XjO-Qg&s=09

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
american politicians should be banned from making public statements until they actually did something

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Don't they already have a majority

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Lib and let die posted:

gotta keep our messaging tight, and that messaging is 'our party has no guiding principles to adhere to on becoming one of the most powerful lawmakers in the country, so our factual majority is actually not one'

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lib and let die posted:

A majority of losers.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

What if we gave the cops more money to fix climate change? --The DEmocrats, next year probably

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pryor on Fire posted:

What if we gave the cops more money to fix climate change? --The DEmocrats, next year probably

The plan is to just shoot at the climate until it changes?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Iron Crowned posted:

it being people who are desperate to survive when the water rises? yes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

at least Ron Perlman will have work.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iron Crowned posted:

I think this is the only approach that America has to problems, yes. Zombie movies are the only vision of pandemic prevention we can imagine.

Certainly when we run out of water, we'll start shooting about it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

Trump was ahead of the curve when he asked if they could nuke the hurricane

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
that glacier was headed right for them I'm not sure what else you want them to do

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

I guess she means that they should focus on keeping their majority after November, by employing such strategies as;

1) Saying "do something"

2) Reminding people that they are big stupid idiot babies if they think things aren't great

3) Whining about 1/6, Joe Manchin, the big stupid idiot babies who think things aren't great, etc.

I'm sure it will go well.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ikanreed posted:

Usually none. Of the deadliest in american history most of the assholes who did it had no criminal records.

"Guns for law abiding citizens" is the same as "let's keep having mass shootings" as a policy stance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AOCIA