Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I could've gone and played the lottery but instead I've burned all my luck on this anime gacha game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Gave Xiao/Yelan a whirl and it doesn't feel good to play. The damage is fine but there are serious energy issues and weaving normals into Xiao's burst feels pretty clunky to me.

E: Quote is not reply

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mirello posted:

I know people always complain about how wordy this game is, and I totally agree, but so much would be aleviated if I could just go to the next dialogue by pressing a. why do I always have to wait for npcs to move their hands slightly? I think just letting people skip through it all really quickly or as fast as they can read would alleviate 60% of their annoyance.

yea that is so annoying. you should be able to skip those scenes entirely if you're uninterested imo

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Sayu is a very fun character to play but perhaps not the most practical. I bring her into nearly all my domain clears so I can roll to the start point, and at level 60/70 she was barely doing anything to the enemy. It did get a lot better after I levelled her to 80/90.

She really pairs well with off-field damage. I had a lot of fun with a Yoimiya/Yae/Rosaria/Sayu team. Melted explosions everywhere.

I also saw someone suggest a counter-rotation build with Xiangling's Pyronado, but frankly I don't have the control to pull that off.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I finally triggered the blue 5* pull and it was Lost Prayers. Would probably be great for the new wind 4* but it seems he's kinda poo poo.

Oh well, at least punchy guys being books might make it useful when a good 5* one comes out.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I complain about this game having too much dialogue but this event didn't bother me because I like the characters and the majority of the cutscenes were voiced. I actually enjoyed it, even if it took a bit to get through.

The part where my eyes glaze over and I start mashing is when it's some unimportant temporary domain event or sidequest and I'm being locked into like 200 lines of unnecessary characterization for an unvoiced NPC I will not ever speak to again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its the worst when its a repeating quest. They really need to have a flag that says "This quest has been done before, cut the text by 95%"

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its the worst when its a repeating quest. They really need to have a flag that says "This quest has been done before, cut the text by 95%"

Or, better yet, lock out storyline commission repeats until all other storyline commissions have been completed.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Sayus fine. I've given her the hybrid A/D/C set that I was using on Venti and she's doing alright. Decent combined damage on her tap skill from Anemo+Element+Swirl on her quick roll+kick, adequate healing, some amount off-field damage with her burst. Overall a decent 7/10 unit, absolutely doesn't deserve to be hanging out with Thoma in the dumpster tiers.

Might actually end up taking her off of favonius and forging her an R5 Katsu claymore, now that I've settled on Pride over Whiteblind for Noelle. Just gonna wait and see what the Sumeru forgeables are gonna be.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Infuse every enemy with Electro, infuse Sayu with Pyro or vice versa, and turn into an actual bowling ball. It rules.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I finally triggered the blue 5* pull and it was Lost Prayers. Would probably be great for the new wind 4* but it seems he's kinda poo poo.

Oh well, at least punchy guys being books might make it useful when a good 5* one comes out.

If youre talking about Heizou he isnt even in the game yet, hes in closed betas and subject to change before his release in a few weeks

Granted when was the last time they actually changed a 4* lol

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

They actually already changed Heizou within the beta, at first his burst only had suction with a constellation and they changed it to have that by default and made the constellation make the suction more powerful.

Sara also got changed within the beta where she had one of her ascension passives and a constellation switched.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I find it funny how much fanart and memes there seem to be of Shenhe and Yelan together when they have yet to share one scene so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There should instead be tons of fanart of Eula and Yelan getting up in each other's faces.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

please.

it obviously would be yelan x rosaria considering they both fill similar roles in their respective countries :colbert:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
When Signora is playable, maybe the Eula, Sig, Yelan, Beidou "jugs" team will be viable.

...which would promptly be met by the Chinese government calling for nerfs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Xiao's spear selection really blows huh?

Guess it's about time I finally grab a Deathmatch from the battlepass. :shepface:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It really does. I hope they rerun Homa soon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's impressive that we had a story quest with three potential yelan ships and people still tried to make the shenhe one happen, based fully on jokes about them being lesbian xingyun

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I got a PWJS rolling for Yelan's weapon, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna blow how many primos rolling for Xiao when I know dendro is around the corner.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

So is there a way to visit someone else's Serenitea Pot to buy stuff without them being impacted at all by my Bad Internet Situation? That's the only thing from the battle pass weeklies that I never manage to do. I haven't done any kind of multiplayer or co-op because I assume it would just be unplayable for anyone involved.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It probably won't matter in any case. But you can also visit pots when the players are offline if they still have that toggle enabled.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dogsicle posted:

it's impressive that we had a story quest with three potential yelan ships and people still tried to make the shenhe one happen, based fully on jokes about them being lesbian xingyun

if you think the internet needs a REASON to start shipping any arbitrary pair of 2 characters you clearly haven't been on it long enough

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Everett False posted:

So is there a way to visit someone else's Serenitea Pot to buy stuff without them being impacted at all by my Bad Internet Situation? That's the only thing from the battle pass weeklies that I never manage to do. I haven't done any kind of multiplayer or co-op because I assume it would just be unplayable for anyone involved.

There's an option players can enable on their teapots to allow anyone on their friends list to jump into it without needing approval. It also allows players to join your teapot when you are offline. This is seperate from the option to allow people to join your world, so there's no downsides to having it turned on. Regardless, your connection wouldn't impact the host for teapot stuff. Things will likely take longer on your end to load but the host doesn't need to join the teapot with you, so it doesn't matter. Note that you can only buy things on Saturday and Sunday - on Fridays the host is the only one who can shop.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sandorius posted:

Sayu is a very fun character to play but perhaps not the most practical. I bring her into nearly all my domain clears so I can roll to the start point, and at level 60/70 she was barely doing anything to the enemy. It did get a lot better after I levelled her to 80/90.

She really pairs well with off-field damage. I had a lot of fun with a Yoimiya/Yae/Rosaria/Sayu team. Melted explosions everywhere.

I also saw someone suggest a counter-rotation build with Xiangling's Pyronado, but frankly I don't have the control to pull that off.

I've started building her mainly just so I have another Anemo healer slot I can fill. She could maybe take the place of Jean in my Xiao team when Jean is on the Yoimiya/Yelan team.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So I rolled my first 5 star today and got Diluc, I also got Yanfei from the Yelan banner, how good/useful are they? My current team is Beidou, Traveller (wind), Bennet, Kaeya, with Beidou as my most onfield character. I was using Ningguang but swapped in Kaeya just because earth doesn't feel that great? No real clue how to build a party though, tbh.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Eimi posted:

So I rolled my first 5 star today and got Diluc, I also got Yanfei from the Yelan banner, how good/useful are they? My current team is Beidou, Traveller (wind), Bennet, Kaeya, with Beidou as my most onfield character. I was using Ningguang but swapped in Kaeya just because earth doesn't feel that great? No real clue how to build a party though, tbh.

Diluc was super powerful and fun in the early seasons of the game. I still love him because you can just spam Atk -> Skill -> Atk -> Skill -> Atk -> Skill -> Atk (they cancel previous cooldowns) and he's a fun main if you have Xinqiu or Fischl to get Elemental reactions while he's onscreen. The consensus is that he's been lapped by other characters that do a lot better elemental reaction stuff for super late game content. That said, he's on one of my overworld parties when I don't want to think and just want to hit things.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Diluc and Yanfei both occupy a similar role as pyro DPS characters who take the most field time in their teams. it's true there are stronger options in the grand scheme, but unless you roll those characters it doesn't really matter. Yanfei being a ranged character gives her better synergy with Beidou since their reactions will knock enemies away, though i definitely did use Diluc with electro characters when first starting and it was fine.

the next patch will have a free Fischl that would round out a Yanfei/Beidou team nicely, letting you use the last slot for whoever (your Bennett or traveler etc).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

Yeah Ningguang is kinda useless as a support character since geo doesn't really do anything useful. She is pretty much only useful if you wanna use her as your main on-field damage dealer character. Yanfei and Diluc are in the same category really, so I would only invest in them if you want to use them as your on-field carry.

Diluc is pretty nice, puts out a consistent flow of big chunky damage numbers and handles AOE stuff with his low-cd burst. He works best with xingqiu to continually apply hydro so you can trigger vaporize on every single E press but he can do a kind of similar thing with Kaeya as well. And yeah he's 10% less optimal or whatever than the current meta pyro carries but that basically doesn't matter for any content except floor 12 of spiral abyss.

One big downside though is that he is gonna be extremely annoying to use together with Beidou. With Beidou's chain-llightning active and applying electro, melee smacking stuff with Diluc will constantly trigger overload and knock enemies away out of his sword range.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I kinda wanna build characters like Yanfei and Noelle, but is there really a point to focusing on Yanfei when I have a c1 2x crown Hu Tao with Homa?

I also don't have enough Geo characters built to run with Noelle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

I kinda wanna build characters like Yanfei and Noelle, but is there really a point to focusing on Yanfei when I have a c1 2x crown Hu Tao with Homa?

I mean, do you want to use Yanfei too? Beyond just running the Abyss? That's a good enough reason in my book.

I generally run Noelle with Zhongli to make sure everyone else in the team doesn't die. Because for some reason my Ning and Fischl have like 60 defense combined with their 5* artifacts completely leveled.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

BabyRyoga posted:

You can actually enjoy yanfei's nice animations, unlike when you use hu tao """correctly.""" It's a pretty good reason.

Also she's nice against stuff like that thunderbird boss, because it floating two feet higher doesn't stop her like it does hu tao.

I've just been running Noelle with Shogun, Fischl and "whoever the hell else" (most recently barbara, for zapping reasons). Noelle kills things plenty quick, even without the boost from resonance.

Incidentall, I keep seeing people suggesting Ningguang for a geo battery, but running her with Noelle she seems to be pretty crap at it. I assume this is because she's not built right, but I can't seem to find anywhere that says what "right" is. Do I just want to jam her full of ER or something?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Energy recharge affects the character that picks up the orbs, not the one that generates them. It generates 3 particles which as far as I know is the highest and most consistent of the Geos, making her the best battery (although I haven't looked into yunjin particle generation closely)

Edit: oh yeah, geo traveler exists and before ningguang c2 is probably the better battery

Xun fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 13, 2022

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Zenostein posted:

You can actually enjoy yanfei's nice animations, unlike when you use hu tao """correctly.""" It's a pretty good reason.

Yeah, but will I hear a nice crisp rhythmic click as a constantly cancel my charge attack into a jump when I use Yanfei?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Zenostein posted:

Incidentall, I keep seeing people suggesting Ningguang for a geo battery, but running her with Noelle she seems to be pretty crap at it. I assume this is because she's not built right, but I can't seem to find anywhere that says what "right" is. Do I just want to jam her full of ER or something?

She's not a great battery, however at C2 you can skill->dash through->burst->charged attack->skill to make 6 particles. That order is kind of important because of the icd on particle generation (i think it's like 6 seconds), unless you want to try and count that on the fly.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Good job boys

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah Ningguang is kinda useless as a support character since geo doesn't really do anything useful. She is pretty much only useful if you wanna use her as your main on-field damage dealer character. Yanfei and Diluc are in the same category really, so I would only invest in them if you want to use them as your on-field carry.
Ningguang can also be used as a quickswap DPS, as her E -> Q does pretty high burst damage for a 12-cooldown elemental burst, although she is best paired with another Geo unit for the hefty damage bonus from Geo resonance. Unfortunately, she's awkward to use against many bosses, especially without her Constellation 2, because they destroy her Jade Screen on touch, which can remove half the damage from her burst, so despite having used her a lot before I got Ayaka recently, I'm not inclined to recommend prioritizing her for investment early.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Ningguang as a battery really comes into play at C2 when her screens start being able to reset upon destruction, which includes using her burst.

Early game, she's a good burst support. Give her Prototype Amber and an Exile artifact 4-piece set and just use her ult on each camp while exploring and killing random mobs. She'll keep you topped off while you explore and will feed energy back into the team. It'll help reduce food consumption so you won't have to actively farm for more food materials early game.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Eimi posted:

Others have already mentioned Diluc getting powercrept, but he is still a fantastic carry for early to mid game. Craft a prototype archaic and slap your best artifacts on him and he'll carry you to endgame. Well as long as your not fighting anything pyro resistant.

Xingqiu is his best support character by far, for constant vaporizes. If you dont have him you can roll with Kaeya for now. He doesnt apply cyro super well but you can get some occasional melts in. Bennet is also a great support for heals plus attack buff from burst and also pyro resonance. When you get Xiangling you can make a triple pyro team with her, Bennett, and Diluc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Others have already mentioned Diluc getting powercrept, but he is still a fantastic carry for early to mid game. Craft a prototype archaic and slap your best artifacts on him and he'll carry you to endgame. Well as long as your not fighting anything pyro resistant.

Xingqiu is his best support character by far, for constant vaporizes. If you dont have him you can roll with Kaeya for now. He doesnt apply cyro super well but you can get some occasional melts in. Bennet is also a great support for heals plus attack buff from burst and also pyro resonance. When you get Xiangling you can make a triple pyro team with her, Bennett, and Diluc.

Diluc is still a good carry in the late game, he's just not in the "meta" of top tier damage because some of the character banner 5 stars he competes with flat out have much bigger numbers. Build him out and field him, but only use your crowns on him if you love using him.

BabyRyoga posted:

Yanfei doesn't compete with Hu Tao, since Hu Tao flat out outclasses her on Damage, being both a 5 star and a high damage 5 star. What she does is provide consistent and steady pyro application field. You can feel just fine about building her out. She pairs extremely well with almost every off field element applicator like Fischl, Kokomi, Xingqiue, Yelan... hell, even Zhong Li and Barbara.