Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I been watching Golden Palace since it went on Hulu and it's largely trash except for an episode where Blanche realizes that the Confederate Flag is racist because Don Cheadle tells her that black people didn't like being slaves lmao.

Cant believe woke bs like this existed in the blessed 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That was the best season of television I have ever watched

The ending made my wife cry with laughter, from a combination of relief that they got Kira and hilarity at how he got got. It’s such an amazing ending to an amazing part.

Netflix should die a thousand deaths for what they’re doing to the broadcast of Stone Ocean

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmfao every time that Jotaro thinks of Koichi when he's psyching himself up for the super beatdown instead of his nephew who almost died saving them all from Kira. I truly despise that little goblin. I was so happy when I thought he died in the shoe shop

The town itself killing Kira is amazing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
He’s a reliable guy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watching Obi Wan A Star Story and it sucks my rear end in a top hat with a tiny proboscis. But Ewan is epic of course and his Alec Guinness impression is fairly hype, imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

The ending made my wife cry with laughter, from a combination of relief that they got Kira and hilarity at how he got got. It’s such an amazing ending to an amazing part.

Netflix should die a thousand deaths for what they’re doing to the broadcast of Stone Ocean

is stone ocean back yet. What's going on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

is stone ocean back yet. What's going on

Part 2 ain't coming until fall

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

It owned. I really like Josuke as a protagonist. I feel like the core group in this part maybe needed one more person though, it was weird that it was mostly just Josuke and Okuyasu with Koichi not even with them a lot of the time.

Also Echoes is disgusting and I don't like looking at it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Echoes is a misogynist stand so I like it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ive been giving openai seinfeld episode prompts and i think it has the cadence down

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

ive been giving openai seinfeld episode prompts and i think it has the cadence down

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mbt posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Ordered volumes 1 through 10 of Golden Kamuy based on recommendations here. Never read a manga before, if I wind up not liking it I'm blaming everyone here even if it's my own fault

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Never read a manga before,

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

Ordered volumes 1 through 10 of Golden Kamuy based on recommendations here. Never read a manga before, if I wind up not liking it I'm blaming everyone here even if it's my own fault

Dont forget to read right-to-left, homeslice!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

If you prefer your manga to be homo erotic you'll have a great time.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

mbt posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mbt posted:

Lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Dont forget to read right-to-left, homeslice!

Man, this epic tale of how a ragtag bunch of people in Hokkaido found some hidden treasure and very slowly moved away from it for some reason is great, thanks for the rec guys!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

imo its the best manga ever written besides one piece

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

imo its the best manga ever written besides one piece

Compared to monster? Oyasumi punpun? Genuine asking, those are my best of all time right now

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

Compared to monster? Oyasumi punpun? Genuine asking, those are my best of all time right now

i havent read punpun but yes. i love golden kamuy

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Big recommend on punpun. Best art abt living w trauma I’ve ever seen

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Enjoying the ww1 museum then the Nelson Atkins art museum, big culture day for me

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Big recommend on punpun. Best art abt living w trauma I’ve ever seen
Asano inio rules. You check out solanin or (big breath) dead dead demon's dededede destruction? I think Punpun is my favorite of the three but the others are also good imo. Solanin is maybe closer to it in tone, dededede feels a little different

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
solanin is pretty short and very relatable imo. dead demon is all about how it feels like the world's going to end and there's nothing we can do because nobody with power cares lol. punpun is insanely depressing and I think about it a lot, it's amazing.

good vibrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

Asano inio rules. You check out solanin or (big breath) dead dead demon's dededede destruction? I think Punpun is my favorite of the three but the others are also good imo. Solanin is maybe closer to it in tone, dededede feels a little different

Solanin is great too. A really stark representation of mental illness that people don’t want to talk about and is almost impossible to romanticize. the pages where the guy calls his gf to say he’s coming home but then closes his eyes and drives into traffic will never leave my mind I haven’t read anything after punpun but I saw a quote where he said he wasn’t writing anything depressing anymore lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I need to finally bite the bullet and buy punpun. It’s one of the books that’s influenced me the most. Asano’s ability to articulate depression is unique

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solanin is great too. A really stark representation of mental illness that people don’t want to talk about and is almost impossible to romanticize. the pages where the guy calls his gf to say he’s coming home but then closes his eyes and drives into traffic will never leave my mind I haven’t read anything after punpun but I saw a quote where he said he wasn’t writing anything depressing anymore lol

Lol yeah he's clearly super depressed and absolutely nobody notices in his entire life, not even his girlfriend.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
rewatched ex machina and its so much better than i remembered. Men is a pretentious turd compared to it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Today I’m going to finish building my [Wil Willis voice] Forge and then and then try to make some tongs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In memoriam of Ragg and to tie it back to TV, Ragg once didn’t know the correct English name of a Futurama mafia bot despite it being his 2nd favorite cartoon, and said “Give him the tongs!” Lol. RIP homeboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

In memoriam of Ragg and to tie it back to TV, Ragg once didn’t know the correct English name of a Futurama mafia bot despite it being his 2nd favorite cartoon, and said “Give him the tongs!” Lol. RIP homeboy.

Lol but in a sad and wistful way.