Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mallratcal posted:

July 13, baby!

Awesome! I was thinking it would be longer, that's so soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

DaysBefore posted:

Watched Real Steel (2011), a Hugh Jackman about robot boxing. It has a child actor and bad special effects and is just generally awful, but Jackman and costar Kate from LOST are okay and also because it's set in the mysterious future of 2020 there was a shot with a stadium add for the Xbox 720 and that was so dumb it was funny.

supergreatfriend did a video review for the demo of the videogame for that movie. somehow, it is like his most watched video ever or something, just like unusually popular. I get it recommended to me sometimes still, years later.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
IIRC Solar Opposites doesn't involve Dan Harmon and that's why I'm not sick of its poo poo, unlike Rick and Morty

Is that right?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Anime Liker posted:

IIRC Solar Opposites doesn't involve Dan Harmon and that's why I'm not sick of its poo poo, unlike Rick and Morty

Is that right?

Correct. It's Roiland's show and it's pretty good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Durf posted:

lol the other thing I love about Obi Wan is that he's eschewed subtle jedi powers and mind tricks for Gunkata

loving great man A+ blends perfectly into the Alec Guiness portrayal

That's actually part of the overall story. He's basically a washed up wreck at the start of the show and he only uses guns in any of the action scenes in the first few episodes because he seems wary of force powers. He doesn't even use a lightsaber until he's confronted by Darth Vader (but still tries to just run away) and then gets instantly dunked on anyway. He is so wracked by guilt over Anakin that he's basically "let himself go"

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

Zzulu posted:

That's actually part of the overall story. He's basically a washed up wreck at the start of the show and he only uses guns in any of the action scenes in the first few episodes because he seems wary of force powers. He doesn't even use a lightsaber until he's confronted by Darth Vader (but still tries to just run away) and then gets instantly dunked on anyway. He is so wracked by guilt over Anakin that he's basically "let himself go"

Actually it’s subtle foreshadowing that he’s really Obi-too, Obi-wan’s secret non-Jedi brother

Usu Kai Ken fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 13, 2022

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Nice

So Luke the eternal optimist is eventually consumed by deep depression, and Ben Kenobi the wise master really not wise at all, just has avoidant personality disorder

Glad we discovered this, great fantasy writing

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
lol that Luke tried to execute his nephew for having a bad dream when like 15 years ago he redeemed his dad who literally owned a murder museum

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They're gonna have Obi-Wan be all weak with the force and bad at sabering just so in the last ep someone can be mean to Leia, and then he has all the feels and it lets him become Jedi Goku one last time.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 13, 2022

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
its not a murder museum, those are Vaders cum jars

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It is depressing how lame star wars is

You guys are making me sad just talking about it

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

obi wan stormtroopers vs. putty patrol, putties clearly win at this point right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Anime Liker posted:

I mean I know the OT wouldn't have been made let alone finished if it wasn't for profit but drat money really did just poison everything

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Oh they're ripping off the bad final season of samurai Jack?

Can't wait for the horrifyingly inappropriate romance in the back half

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021

The Anime Liker posted:

If you can’t find joy in watching a corporation burn millions to create slop that even the biggest fanboys find questionable, I don’t know what to say to you

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Watched Real Steel (2011), a Hugh Jackman about robot boxing. It has a child actor and bad special effects and is just generally awful, but Jackman and costar Kate from LOST are okay and also because it's set in the mysterious future of 2020 there was a shot with a stadium add for the Xbox 720 and that was so dumb it was funny.

I like that dumb movie, even though the kid/robot synchronized dancing made me cringe so hard I actually molted.

*Hugh Jackman snarlingly ripping open takeout

IT'S A BURRITO!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Yes yes we can talk endless of bad shows but what about good shows that are coming?

https://twitter.com/theshadowsfx/status/1536015474265186304

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

remember when obi wan said that guns were uncivilized

E:

TIP posted:

wtf is this guy doing? he looks like a malfunctioning robot

he's doing the tlj red guards choreography thing where you go flailing about if you aren't the center of the attention

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 13, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wendigee posted:

Correct. It's Roiland's show and it's pretty good.

Except for the whole “Thomas Middleditch keeps groping women at the goth sex club and all his co-stars keep calling him out on it and he never gets in trouble” thing, which is why I stopped watching halfway through season 2. Middleditch is a super creep, a bummer, I know.

LA Times article about Middleditch and his friends just harassing every single woman at this club

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Light Gun Man posted:

supergreatfriend did a video review for the demo of the videogame for that movie. somehow, it is like his most watched video ever or something, just like unusually popular. I get it recommended to me sometimes still, years later.

Someone mashed up scenes from Real Steel with Eminem’s Till I Collapse and without fail, every single time I go into YouTube in incognito mode, that video gets recommended to me. It has millions of views (it’s nestled right between far right provocateurs).

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Zzulu posted:

That kind of ruin the Prequel Obi Wan character for me.

Don't they have space therapy in Star Wars?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I had an idea: films should start leaning into the Dunkacino angle and just had constant ad segments breaking up the flow of the movie. Like, don't even pretend to be subtle about it anymore, have the main character stop the scene halfway through to shill Audible or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

I had an idea: films should start leaning into the Dunkacino angle and just had constant ad segments breaking up the flow of the movie. Like, don't even pretend to be subtle about it anymore, have the main character stop the scene halfway through to shill Audible or something.

Sony have been doing this for years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Usu Kai Ken posted:

lol that Luke tried to execute his nephew for having a bad dream when like 15 years ago he redeemed his dad who literally owned a murder museum
Yes and yet people don’t understand why I really don’t like TLJ

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony have been doing this for years

How have they been doing it? Like stopping to have an in-universe ad that self-referentially looks at some mass-product? Like, if I were talking about my smooth Nike brand tennis shoes and the way they are comfortable all day long, then I showed a picture of them:

And talked about how they look good from the club to the boardroom, and I can play a quick game of hoops with my friends? Do you really think a hundred million dollar film would do that? Nobody would do that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAAfeDvyAU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SuddenCactus posted:

its not a murder museum, those are Vaders cum jars

Is his cum orange because he lives on Lava world?

Also the water world is in the same solar system as the lava world.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I think this was a gag in killer tomatoes 2.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
There was 1500 unread posts here so I naturally skipped straight to the last page.

, I can only hope movies are saved with that much posting! :shobon:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Galewolf posted:

There was like 1500 unread posts here so I naturally skipped straight to the last page.

I can only hope movies are saved with that much posting! :shobon:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
mods rename poisonpill to sony pictures

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Meat Wagon posted:

mods rename poisonpill to sony pictures

a fate worse than a permaban

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/aNuIU-9-TR4

Best product placement ever at 2:10

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Azubah posted:

I think this was a gag in killer tomatoes 2.

yeah it was, it's so blatant that it ends up being pretty funny.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Watched Star Trek: New Worlds ep4 (Memento Mori) last night. It was quintessential Star Trek. A good episode. Uhura straight up blows a spaceship out of the sky, lol.

Generally speaking, it's pretty dang good. I like this Spock. Plenty of eye candy in the crew, like chief of security Not Carmina Drummer, or #1 if you're still upset over Kirsty Alley getting sacked. Nurse Chapel is pretty hot and will end the season as "pillow friends" with Not Carmina Drummer. The writers seems to be passing around the role of "character who says the dumb question for the audiences expository": I generally approve but sometimes it means that Pike is asking the dumb question and that just breaks my immersion. I don't like how big the cabins are, it isn't very navy like. OTOH it does work for marking a transition in ship style from Enterprise to TNG (naval explorer to grand space taxi). Otherwise the ship design is a really outstanding compromise between cold-war tech and touch screens for days.

Anson looks better with a beard. Are they turning him into Vanilla Ice?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i want to hear your opinions on "brazil." ive been meaning to watch this forever and it's finally on a streaming service i have

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Ehhh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Uhura straight up blows a spaceship out of the sky, lol.

This happens in the beginning of episode 6 too.

Uhura's 3 away from being an ace

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DiHK posted:

Watched Star Trek: New Worlds ep4 (Memento Mori) last night. It was quintessential Star Trek. A good episode. Uhura straight up blows a spaceship out of the sky, lol.

Generally speaking, it's pretty dang good. I like this Spock. Plenty of eye candy in the crew, like chief of security Not Carmina Drummer, or #1 if you're still upset over Kirsty Alley getting sacked. Nurse Chapel is pretty hot and will end the season as "pillow friends" with Not Carmina Drummer. The writers seems to be passing around the role of "character who says the dumb question for the audiences expository": I generally approve but sometimes it means that Pike is asking the dumb question and that just breaks my immersion. I don't like how big the cabins are, it isn't very navy like. OTOH it does work for marking a transition in ship style from Enterprise to TNG (naval explorer to grand space taxi). Otherwise the ship design is a really outstanding compromise between cold-war tech and touch screens for days.

Anson looks better with a beard. Are they turning him into Vanilla Ice?

ive been watching this wit ha trek nerd friend and the funniest part of the whole thing is how good this has been compared to picard and how Mike absolutely watched the wrong new star trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Brazil is good. Kim Greist's performance is so weak that it makes Sean Young in Blade Runner look good by comparison. Everyone else is great at going full Gilliam.