Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Charlie Hebdo

2nd Term: Macron's already getting bored

"I can't wait for Mélenchon at Matignon!"

Matignon is where the Prime Minister of France works. Incidentally, the first round of the legislative elections in France is today. Macron has to choose the prime minster from whatever party gets the majority in their Assemblé.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I understand what he's doing here (gently caress you Ishida) but I love how conservatives never actually show what the harm is when they talk about this kind of thing. This kid's mom noticed non-conforming behavior and took him to see a psychiatrist. She didn't force it or encourage it in any way, it all came straight from the kid himself. Then after a period of observation the kid was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and encouraged to transition in a positive and supporting environment, probably with the aid of puberty blockers (going by all the drugs in the room) which are safe and reversible. If at some point the kid gets tired of being a boy and wants to switch back then nothing is stopping him. Not seeing the problem here. In fact if you change the kid's expression in the last panel it's actually a pretty affirming comic (someone do this please).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Jesus, even by Sinfest standards this is pretty vile.

Oh boy! Opinions on the life experiences of trans men from someone who has never actually spoken to a trans man, or read anything a trans man has written about his life, and has no interest in learning about the lives of trans men what so ever!

Seriously though, gently caress off with this patronizing bullshit.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

You know, having Pettyfest as a chaser does go a long way to making Sinfest bearable. Thank you for this bountiful crop of mockery.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

readingatwork posted:

I understand what he's doing here (gently caress you Ishida) but I love how conservatives never actually show what the harm is when they talk about this kind of thing. This kid's mom noticed non-conforming behavior and took him to see a psychiatrist. She didn't force it or encourage it in any way, it all came straight from the kid himself. Then after a period of observation the kid was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and encouraged to transition in a positive and supporting environment, probably with the aid of puberty blockers (going by all the drugs in the room) which are safe and reversible. If at some point the kid gets tired of being a boy and wants to switch back then nothing is stopping him. Not seeing the problem here. In fact if you change the kid's expression in the last panel it's actually a pretty affirming comic (someone do this please).
It's convenient that he does his Sundays with zero dialog. Really helps him pretend like the kid is being railroaded rather than anyone having a useful conversation with them, because he doesn't have the first clue what that would even begin to sound like.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i normally wouldn't say this about someone, but i really hope ishida is on some sort of watch list. we know the white house is at least aware of garrison because he was uninvited to some trump thing, but there should definitely be an alarm that goes off somewhere if ishida walks into a gun store

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

quote:

Jesus, even by Sinfest standards this is pretty vile.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy (Uvalde/School Shootings)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's funny how all these idiots say they can define what a woman is but then never say what that definition is.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skeleton Mom posted:

i normally wouldn't say this about someone, but i really hope ishida is on some sort of watch list. we know the white house is at least aware of garrison because he was uninvited to some trump thing, but there should definitely be an alarm that goes off somewhere if ishida walks into a gun store

Given how up his own rear end in a top hat he's gone I'd be surprised if he walks out of his own house.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Russian energy domes are hemispherical, as opposed to the more familiar ziggurat shape issued by NATO countries.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Fister Roboto posted:

It's funny how all these idiots say they can define what a woman is but then never say what that definition is.

Well they do, it's just none of the multiple answers are actually consistent with each other and don't stand up to questioning. But they often have sciency-sounding words in them so it sounds smart

Nameless Pete posted:

Russian energy domes are hemispherical, as opposed to the more familiar ziggurat shape issued by NATO countries.

I will admit I actually thought when clicking on this that it would go to some kind of actual device/engineering thing, you got me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah I'm thinking Putin could stand to realize that we're all men.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Am I supposed to be against this

Yeah, I’m with lasik Foucault here.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

These days they like to use “Adult human female” because of this exact problem. Yes it’s incredibly stupid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just don't ask them to define any of those terms.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

readingatwork posted:

These days they like to use “Adult human female” because of this exact problem. Yes it’s incredibly stupid.

Isn't that how they came up with "adult human chicken" as a definition for "hen"?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Isn't that how they came up with "adult human chicken" as a definition for "hen"?

Yeah. It's another gutfeels argument: their gut tells them the line between women and men is a hard, easy, bright line so they attach a bunch of ritual words to it and then never really think about it again if they ever did.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

Yeah. It's another gutfeels argument: their gut tells them the line between women and men is a hard, easy, bright line so they attach a bunch of ritual words to it and then never really think about it again if they ever did.

There's also a prescriptive statement hidden in there, which is the actual point. It's not simply describing the colloquial use of the term in a dry academic sense, it's saying that the word woman *should* be linked to biological sex. It's their way of making that argument through obfuscated and confusing language without actually arguing the merits of the underlying idea. Which, of course, they do because once the arguments goes there they need to start explaining *why* we need these radically separate gender roles in the first place which is NOT an argument they want to have in front of normies.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Up to this point when Ishida's drawn the Settings gear icon he's used six teeth. This time he's using the eight teeth version.

I feel like he found out somehow that people were saying "Of course he's antisemitic, he's drawing the Star of David with the bad things," we've even had posts in this thread saying "Is this a Star of David or a Settings icon?" So he's decided to change it because he thinks it will protect him from accusations of antisemitism. We'll see if he keeps this up though or if he forgets about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Still making the villains Bilderbergs though.

E: Also that v

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 12, 2022

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Up to this point when Ishida's drawn the Settings gear icon he's used six teeth. This time he's using the eight teeth version.

I feel like he found out somehow that people were saying "Of course he's antisemitic, he's drawing the Star of David with the bad things," we've even had posts in this thread saying "Is this a Star of David or a Settings icon?" So he's decided to change it because he thinks it will protect him from accusations of antisemitism. We'll see if he keeps this up though or if he forgets about it.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

:drat:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Broelman:

Australian government agrees to pay $835 million to French submarine contractor Naval Group over cancelled contract (ABC). Also the lettuce shortage.

Kudelka:

Herbert:

Spooner:

(Defence minister) Richard Marles meets with China's Defence Minister Wei Fenghe, ending diplomatic freeze (SBS). The meeting was at the Shangri-La Dialgoue summit in Singapore.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This is at least an actual symbol in Star Wars, though one may ask if he really needed to draw it to get his reference across

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Had to get this one from an alternate source, since the GoComics upload was about 80% grey rectangle.

Matt Davies

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jack Ohman

Michael Ramirez

Jeff Stahler

Nixon... in heaven?

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

No violent crime in Texas though. Nope. Definitely none. Nothing happened here recently. Please don't ask questions in this trying time.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I still think Ishida is only being antisemitic in panel 4.

Also maybe panel 3 a bit, even though Bill Gates is Catholic.

But not panel 2!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: A Terrible Choice

Ted Rall posted:

Police unions are angry at calls to defund the police. Never mind that the police haven’t actually been defunded anywhere. The threat alone is enough to cause them to sit on their hands while crime is soaring.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Politoons 2022:

Trapezium Dave posted:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Angepain posted:

This is at least an actual symbol in Star Wars, though one may ask if he really needed to draw it to get his reference across

My point was that it's a bit late as far as "not being considered anti-Semitic" is concerned.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

I almost respect him for realizing that there was no way he's a competent artist enough to make them hold those guns correctly and so not even trying.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

My point was that it's a bit late as far as "not being considered anti-Semitic" is concerned.

Well, there's the stupidest post I ever made. Still got it in me I guess

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

This is a false choice, as it's very clear the two figures presented are the exact same person.

They also both look alike.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cancer can't be detected with X-Rays, what you're looking at has been mislabeled.
AGC.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I almost respect him for realizing that there was no way he's a competent artist enough to make them hold those guns correctly and so not even trying.

Don't you dare take one more step or I'll shoot myself in the dick

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Raised By Birds posted:

Jeff Stahler

Nixon... in heaven?

:nixon: frankly I'm as surprised as you are :nixon:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall, teeing up the easiest conservative AGC ever

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Nameless Pete posted:

I still think Ishida is only being antisemitic in panel 4.

Also maybe panel 3 a bit, even though Bill Gates is Catholic.

But not panel 2!

Catholics are just as "bad" to some of these types.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

I had to come back to post about this one just because it's... I'm gonna be honest, it's basically a loving 4chan Wojak comic with higher production value, down to the loving "autistic screeching" poo poo at the end for an extra layer of ableism. gently caress off, Ishida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

US Inflation by Cai Meng

Charlie Hebdo

Better than the 'Reconquer'
Is the Reconckcocker with Damien Abad and Gérald Darmanin

Reconquete is one of the extreme right anti-immigrant parties. Queue is slang for a penis, so this what I came up with. The two people mentioned are active members of the government and have been accused of sexual assault and/or rape, and have done in their run for election it seems.