Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

bedpan posted:

nupes! all libs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NUPES *click*

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Filthy Hans posted:

the best French restaurants in the world are in Brussels, Belgium

Cum Ché Soy

:discourse:

two-time fee has issued a correction as of 12:51 on May 7, 2022

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

the best French restaurants in the world are in Brussels, Belgium
Really courageous of you to fight the Flemish claims on Brussels.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 13:08 on May 7, 2022

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Harold Stassen posted:

e: 25 year age difference? Goddamn

Mitterrandishly : "Et alors ?"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/foushi19/status/1524369217281273859

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

objectively correct

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Red and Black posted:

objectively correct

He's right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jupiter descendant

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Classic lol

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1536112705848979456?t=1LDQxG45lzKDv3TO2EEYdQ&s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol zemmour

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sacré bleu

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Yeah, some of the people who were whining like dumb bitches about Mélenchon not telling everyone to vote Macron are now not calling for people to vote NUPES against Le Pen's party. You know which ones. Also record abstention (on the level of a "average participation" score in the US).

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Toplowtech posted:

Yeah, some of the people who were whining like dumb bitches about Mélenchon not telling everyone to vote Macron are now not calling for people to vote NUPES against Le Pen's party. You know which ones. Also record abstention (on the level of a "average participation" score in the US).

I guess not that surprising. NUPES spans across quite a few pretty controversial topics. Pro and anti NATO, pro and anti nuclear power...

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

genericnick posted:

I guess not that surprising. NUPES spans across quite a few pretty controversial topics. Pro and anti NATO, pro and anti nuclear power...
Yeah, centrists are super salty about the NATO subject being even mentioned but it's not like Joe Biden's brilliant demonstration of typical US leadership is impressing anyone. Even the pro-atlantist bitched after the submarine 60 billions Euros loss (now that's a big 600$ check). And now it's Ukraine Time.
Edit: i think a lot of people in Europe are waiting for Biden to be out of politics to share the full nature of their endless love for him. Also why the gently caress are you correcting pro-atlantist into pro-atlantis, phone.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 10:42 on Jun 13, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

jupiter descendant

lmao owned

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

how's it going as results role in

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the only projection is that macron has lost his majority but nothing concrete yet

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, they're predicting 200-250 all told. poo poo is very :yeshaha:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Atrocious Joe posted:

how's it going as results role in

Good news: Macron's coalition is eating poo poo.

Bad news: Le Pen's National Rally has gone from 8 to 83 seats so far.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
this was the latest projection, i think
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1538600800397643776?cxt=HHwWgMCq7dXRmtoqAAAA

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

In Jupiter voice: We gotta get more racist

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

meh

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I get the impression that these numbers are, in fact, catastrophically bad, what with Le Pen increasing her seats tenfold, but it's a "this spells doom for future elections" kind of bad which is nowhere near enough to activate our anxiety or panic neurons in the year 2022 because gently caress it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LR have ruled out a coalition but afaik they're not that ideologically distant from macron on most things so they'll probably suck it up and do it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
looking at the results it’s becoming more and more clear to me that European electorates and progressive values are mutually exclusive things. Europe will always swing right no matter what.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al-Saqr posted:

looking at the results it’s becoming more and more clear to me that European electorates and progressive values are mutually exclusive things. Europe will always swing right no matter what.

Eh, it's not like it's a genetic thing so much as a material circumstances thing. European labour still belongs to a bought off labour aristocracy, paid with relative luxury and security to betray the working class of the rest of the world, and a good chunk of the rest of the electorate directly profit from global imperialism and exploitation. Once that changes, European politics will change.

But in present circumstances, it's hard to imagine the left (proper left) both winning elections in Europe and then being able to actually make fundamental changes. See Greece for an example.

Marx and Engels being convinced the revolution would have to start in the industrialized western nations was easily their biggest mistake.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Macron must be crushed

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

all I can do is laugh and shake my head at all the leftists who, once again, were conned by the liberals

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Today, in pointless France news, well so the Americans just shat the western world's bed again and politicians in France are now thinking that putting the right to abortion into the constitution is a "good idea"* but people are discovering that a similar constitutional change was proposed twice already during the few last years and Macron's party voted against it because "it wasn't needed, we have more serious thing to do, it's not in danger, is it?". Typical liberal poo poo. They now want to vote for it, after voting against it, twice.

*You know to tell the extremely rich Americans spending million into trying to change the laws in foreign country to gently caress off.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Don't forget that they're still wrecking the healthcare system and thus making it harder to get an abortion in practice.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm sure their eventual LR coalition partners will get right on that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm hearing as expected macron has taken the election well by partnering with the far right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jupiter can never be wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ReutersAfrica/status/1563066213013458944

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think he makes the same statement every year but it's such a banger everytime.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES