Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/lUHT6QQ.mp4

Supposedly it was to get the plane into a nearby museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Stölln airfield, about 50 miles from Berlin. Plane belonged to former East German carrier Interflug and was named "Lady Agnes" after the wife of Otto Lilienthal, one of Germany's aviation pioneers who made his first flights from that very airfield. Plenty more info:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/breakneck-landing-an-il-62-and-800-meters-of-dirt/388614

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
hahaha that's amazing, I'm guessing someone measured centers and someone else didn't

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
zero fucks were given, over and over and over

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat these screws going in easy today, gonna be done early!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cat Hatter posted:

Based on what? Normally you'd put the tank on end and use the part above the bed as a lever to pull the rest in but the truck bed is too tall for that, or you'd rest one end in the bed and lift the other end up but the tank is too round to get a grip.

The lack of any basic things like a lever or a ramp or a rope and pulley or even just a second person.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The lack of any basic things like a lever or a ramp or a rope and pulley or even just a second person.

Even the Sea-Doo and 4 wheeler shop down the road has a ramp made of 2x4s and dirt for people to load into their trucks.

She seems like a dumbass.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I mean, a rope and a thick tree branch and she would have been in business, unless it weighs more than her.

Or, put it on its side and roll the thing up a ramp.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why doesn’t she just lower the road?

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

Platystemon posted:

Why doesn’t she just lower the road?

That's how they did Stonehenge, so it would have probably worked great.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
This dude lifted a whole-rear end sailing ship off its keel by himself if anyone wants a positive example of how to do it. Great series, lots of OSHA content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ympYv5i8ER4

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hardly ever do you need any of that stuff unless you're loading a riding mower or larger. Usually for something that size you can use it as it's own lever, but the bed is too tall for that in this case. Ironically, she probably would have been able to load a larger tank.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SimonSays posted:

This dude lifted a whole-rear end sailing ship off its keel by himself if anyone wants a positive example of how to do it. Great series, lots of OSHA content.

There's like 60 hours of this glorious content. Thank you.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Isn't Sampson Boat Co the series where one of the guys randomly reveals that he's a double amputee after being run over while train hopping? No Feet Pete, I believe. edit: yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5jwxJcEGc&t=996s

Anyway, this is from a Reddit thread about your coworkers' dumbest mistakes.

quote:

New guy was dragging 2 8000lb rolls of paper through the warehouse. This is against the rules for good reason, anyway, he drove through a door designed for 1 roll, and drug the top roll through the wall

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 13, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/5te6dKO.mp4

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SimonSays posted:

Oh my god, thank you for introducing this to me. Watched a few eps so far, and it's amazing.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Not extremely directly related, but was reminded of:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK519055/

Short answer is standing for hours in the very quiet Arctic while hunting for seals relaxes the tiny muscles in your ears that keep your tympani taught.. When a seal pops up and you fire your rifle at it, your eardrums get kind of hosed.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 13, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Otteration posted:

Short answer is standing for hours in the very quiet Arctic while hunting for seals relaxes the tiny muscles in your ears that keep your tympani taught.. When a seal pops up and you fire your rifle at it, your eardrums get kind of hosed.

Huh.

I’d heard about the hearing damage from that particular activity, but no one mentioned that there was more to it than simply firing a rifle without ear protection, that the per‐shot damage is actually much greater when acclimated to a quiet environment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cat Hatter posted:

Based on what? Normally you'd put the tank on end and use the part above the bed as a lever to pull the rest in but the truck bed is too tall for that, or you'd rest one end in the bed and lift the other end up but the tank is too round to get a grip.

Or just slide it up a couple of planks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I mean, a rope and a thick tree branch and she would have been in business, unless it weighs more than her.

Or, put it on its side and roll the thing up a ramp.
Obviously she should have filled the tank up with helium.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Don't care it's a repost, I love this clip

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Or just slide it up a couple of planks.

You just carry planks around with you everywhere in case you come across something awkward?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cat Hatter posted:

You just carry planks around with you everywhere in case you come across something awkward?

you dont?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Cat Hatter posted:

you dont?

e: gently caress you

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I feel like if you live/work somewhere where the utility truck and 300 gallon water tank are necessary there's a... 75% or 80% chance you are within a 5 minute walk/drive of being able to get a couple of 2x4s to make a ramp.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

8one6 posted:

I feel like if you live/work somewhere where the utility truck and 300 gallon water tank are necessary there's a... 75% or 80% chance you are within a 5 minute walk/drive of being able to get a couple of 2x4s to make a ramp.

I'm willing to bet the pile of rocks she used to successfully load her tank was closer. Why has she "obviously never had a physics class" for trying to load something not particularly heavy into a truck, realizing its too awkward, and then using a platform to load it in two steps instead of using a winch or an inclined plane or some other object not visibly nearby?

People are talking like she has an overhead crane but is too stupid to use it and then gives up.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Maybe it's just for Instagram clout and really she knew exactly what to do but that wouldn't have made for a funny tiktok or whatever.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

New guy was dragging 2 8000lb rolls of paper through the warehouse. This is against the rules for good reason, anyway, he drove through a door designed for 1 roll, and drug the top roll through the wall
There was a problem, he solved it. Now everyone can do two rolls at once.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

8one6 posted:

In northern Norway? Haha no. She could easily be hours away from the nearest place selling ... well, anything. Maybe a ferry or two.

E: Or did you mean "from the pile of supplies at the farmhouse"? Because that makes a lot of sense and is probably true. Disregard the above.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Maybe it's just a really obtuse tindr ad?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Computer viking posted:

In northern Norway? Haha no. She could easily be hours away from the nearest place selling ... well, anything. Maybe a ferry or two.

E: Or did you mean "from the pile of supplies at the farmhouse"? Because that makes a lot of sense and is probably true. Disregard the above.

Yeah the second one.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

DelphiAegis posted:

Maybe it's just a really obtuse tindr ad?

I thought it was acute approach :dadjoke:

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Otteration posted:

Hah, I was listening to an episode of Last Podcast on the Left and they were talking about some folks way out on an isolated off-grid farm hearing "phantom hums" when it was very quiet and still. Not sure if the hosts clocked it, but to me I couldn't help but say to myself "you ding dongs, it's so quiet that your brain and ears are picking up and making into sound anything they can possibly can." It's not a secret underground government lab or aliens, it's just so quiet that your body adjusts and gets a little squirrely.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought it was acute approach :dadjoke:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

mobby_6kl posted:

https://i.imgur.com/lUHT6QQ.mp4

Supposedly it was to get the plane into a nearby museum

'bout to do some sketchy poo poo, doo dah doo dah!

Was this the angry elephant thread?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

One of my grandpas would have fixed this mistake with fencing staples, the other built a shed so over engineered it could probably function as a bomb shelter.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

'bout to do some sketchy poo poo, doo dah doo dah!

Was this the angry elephant thread?

Gonna have to side with the elephant until I hear very compelling evidence otherwise.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. But what a loving way to be remembered. People will forget about you dying from covid in a hospital, they won't forget the elephant that killed you coming back to ensure the job was done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal