Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Oh I forgot to mention that I also went back and beat Dark Souls 2 so now I can finally make the spiciest Souls game ranking of all time. No I will not be taking questions at this time.

Demon's Souls
Elden Ring
Dark Souls 2
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 3

maybe you need more time to not post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://twitter.com/PLAYgamingmag/status/1536305066126221314

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

maybe you need more time to not post

:troll:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

Oh I forgot to mention that I also went back and beat Dark Souls 2 so now I can finally make the spiciest Souls game ranking of all time. No I will not be taking questions at this time.

Demon's Souls
Elden Ring
Dark Souls 2
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 3

hosed up returning posts. Bb is too drat low

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Welcome back Exquisite Tea! :D

I can understand and respect your ranking. Mine has shifted a little and while not as spicy as yours it would probably surprise some. I think that is what is so good about the games. Each one is different enough to resonate with someone more than the others. All great games with their own cool tendrils and it is interesting to see which ones wrap around you :)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I got super busy with work and needed some time to not post. Lots of gaming done, platted Elden Ring, Demon's Souls Remake, now doing an NG+ run of HFW and Shredder's Revenge is out Friday baybeeee.

Genuinely relived that you’re not dead, homie, welcome B.

Thread has been really lacking in corny gaming puns

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
when’s the new ps+ launching today

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Midgar doesn't take 5 hours in the OG, it was like 1/3rd of the game's entire script and people that say they beat Midgar in even under 10 hours are posting dubious.

I finished Midgar in about 5 and a half hours the last time I played FF7, though to be fair I've played it a bunch of times so I didn't exactly take my time. Also I think at least a half hour of that was just me trying to steal a Hardedge.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
rising chorus seems to be getting louder. the chant of "ps fail" is ever more clear. anyone else noticing this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A LOT of that puffed up “a 1/3 of the game’s script” is mini-game stuff and sidequest stuff that is skippable, including a lot of scenes or events that most people would never find without a walkthrough or strategy guide. The Midgar critical path is pretty straightforward.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn it Sony, where is my Tekken 2? (Continues playing Tekken 7 angrily)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Atlus confirmed in a press release that P3P and P4G will in fact also be coming to PS5 and Steam. No announcement of Switch or PS4 versions, interestingly.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no surprise on the switch front

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no surprise on the switch front

For a game series that's still very Japan-centric it's very odd to be leaving money on the table like that, it's the only console that moves units in Japan now.

If it was doing some crazy ray-tracing antics it'd be one thing, but two of those games were originally on PS2 and one was on PS3, with the PS2 ones already having been on handhelds in the past, the Switch is more than capable of running these titles.

The possible lack of a PS4 version when an XB1 port will exist is also interesting in that regard.

At least P3P is getting localized in French, German, Italian and Spanish.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 13, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it makes zero sense to me but that’s Atlus for ya

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1536322269156458497?s=21&t=mtZ_IRtqbzGDHoe6W0rf7A

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The switch must be winding down about now. Any news on what their next consoles gonna be and if its gonna be actually worth buying this time?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

The switch must be winding down about now. Any news on what their next consoles gonna be and if its gonna be actually worth buying this time?

cringe

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

The CEO of Nintendo announced that the Switch was in the middle of its life cycle back in February, and there simply aren’t enough components on Earth atm for Nintendo be in pre-production of a new console without us knowing about it by now. Nintendo isn’t releasing a super switch, the OLED is the mid-gen refresh. Nintendo’s next console won’t even been seen until 2023/2024, no way it’ll be out before Holiday 2024.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

I will 100% buy P4G and P3P. I sold off most of my handheld stuff because I rarely touched it. So it’ll be nice to have these on console. I thought it was weird for them to do Xbox only and figured they would announce this not long after.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The PS+ stuff is going active and some surprises I didn't think would be included like Ys VIII and Ys IX.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Remote play exists and would likely provide a better experience than switch ports anyways.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's the full list:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1536326877370994688?t=1PPKr39ZtAKCchx6d_t4dQ&s=19

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Currently downloading Jumping Flash, loving hell Sony why is your user interface so bad? Between broken tabs, having "hide" be the only optional when clicking on some games instead of download, then no smart delivery as default is just baffling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Currently downloading Jumping Flash, loving hell Sony why is your user interface so bad? Between broken tabs, having "hide" be the only optional when clicking on some games instead of download, then no smart delivery as default is just baffling.

they hosed up the store massively in 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is there no queue I can manage? Do I just go to the game Id rather it start downloading first and then click that and it swaps? The hell is this.

Edit: wait, this auto starts that game too? What

Barudak fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 13, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames posted:

Welcome back Exquisite Tea! :D

I can understand and respect your ranking. Mine has shifted a little and while not as spicy as yours it would probably surprise some. I think that is what is so good about the games. Each one is different enough to resonate with someone more than the others. All great games with their own cool tendrils and it is interesting to see which ones wrap around you :)

My logic is that the Top 3 are the most experimental and therefore interesting (also the 3 games where sorcery is most OP).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I've given most of the PS1 games a quick go and I think all but possibly the Worms games are the NTSC-U versions so crisis averted.

Also most of the PS2 games are streamable, which is good for Ape Escape 2 since it's glitchy on PS5.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hmm, so $140/year :canada: - that's not too bad. Will be cool to see PS1 games blown up on a giant OLED. :lol:

Gonna get blinds first though. Einhänder can wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dsmtHjFtjA

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Fix posted:

What is Sega up to right now? Where the hell is Sega?

You didn't see that dreadful gameplay footage for the open world sonic game?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Remembered I bought Fenyx on sale a while back and started playing it tonight, oh wow going directly from Elden Ring to this sure is an experience!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I play Destiny because this season is pretty fun super-powers and content wise but other than that I really can only play anything else for like an hour or two before I just go back and play Elden Ring. My 2nd playthrough as a Madness Paladin is so sick and awesome, I am genuinely shocked at how much poo poo I missed on my first playthrough, I was certain I had been thorough but Ilits been really eye opening.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Me? Power mage.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Contrary to popular belief, a power mage does not receive the power, but is capable of generating enormous amounts of power

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So here's a breakdown for those unaware regarding the PS1-PSP-PS2 titles:

All games are in their "native" versions with no meaningful game enhancements/rebuilding, so expect weird controls, lack of analog stick support and stuff like that.

Each PS1 game has two empty memory cards that are unique for that game, one in each memory card slot. You can't manage their contents directly but can do whatever the in-game system allows you to do.

PS1 and PSP games have separate PS4 and PS5 versions, which have separate saves and trophies (which can't be transferred between versions) but are otherwise indistinguishable from each-other. None of these games can be streamed from the cloud, they are download only.

I believe Worms World Party and Worms Armageddon are their PAL versions but this isn't really noticeable. Note that the game's do support 16x9 screens in their options so go and change this and then activate "Wide Zoom" in the emulator's settings.

I believe all other PS1 games are their US NTSC versions.

Here's a full list of the classic PS1 games:

Ape Escape (US NTSC)
Hot Shots Golf (US NTSC)
I.Q. Intelligence Qube (US NTSC)
Jumping Flash! (US NTSC)
Mr. Driller (US NTSC) (subscription only)
Resident Evil Director's Cut (US NTSC) (subscription only)
Syphon Filter (US NTSC)
Tekken 2 (US NTSC) (subscription only)
Wild Arms (US NTSC)
Worms Armageddon (PAL version?, supports 16x9)
Worms World Party (PAL version?, supports 16x9)

"subscription only" games are only playable if you have the PS+ Premium (highest tier) subscription, you can't buy them a-la-carte or free upgrade with owning them on PS3/PSP/Vita, but you can do this with the other titles (I can mostly confirm for free upgrades, and all other titles have a "just buy them" price).

At the moment the only PSP game is echochrome.

For PS2 they are all technically PS4 games. All are purchaseable a-la-carte, but don't free upgrade from the PS3 digital versions. A few games are buggy on a PS5 with glitchy graphics, but you can bypass this by streaming these games from the cloud instead. Here's the full list:

Ape Escape 2 (buggy on PS5)
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
FantaVision
Hot Shots Tennis
Jak 3 (Download only)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Download only)
Jak II (Download only)
Jak X: Combat Racing (Download only)
Kinetica
Okage Shadow King (buggy on PS5)
Primal (buggy on PS5)
Red Faction
Red Faction II
Rise of the Kasai (Download only)
Rogue Galaxy
Siren
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Racer: Revenge
The Mark of Kri (Download only)
War of the Monsters (Download only)
Wild Arms 3

"Download only" games don't have an option to stream from the PS Cloud, but the other titles do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I loving love Dark Cloud and DC2 so much! Why!? Those games are 20 years old and they were slow grindy poo poo back then! Why do I ALWAYS want to buy them?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

univbee posted:

For PS2 they are all technically PS4 games. All are purchaseable a-la-carte, but don't free upgrade from the PS3 digital versions.

Ape Escape 2 (buggy on PS5)
Okage Shadow King (buggy on PS5)
Primal (buggy on PS5)

sony loving SUCK lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That is not 100 games.