Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Has this stupid thing finally started?

Why did they delay so long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

I could be a naïve idiot, but it feels a whole lot like over the past month or two we've been seeing cracks in the foundation of Trump's support within the party that just weren't there before. More and more chatter around DeSantis as the heir apparent, those straw poll results from out west, right-wing outlets being a bit more willing to come out against Trump ... it's little poo poo here and there, but for me it adds up to the feeling that the party's slowly coming around to jettisoning him. I wonder if what comes out of these hearings is considered the turning point — a convenient spot for the stakeholders to cut bait and start prepping the runway for DeSantis.

It'd be really loving funny to see the party backstab Trump the same way he's backstabbed, like, every member of his inner circle.

It'd also be really loving funny to see Trump decide to run third-party out of spite.

Historically authoritarians/flagrant liars like Trump seem untouchable right up until 5 minutes after they're not. Even then it's sometimes not clear for some time that that moment has passed, and many of the things that seemed to bounce off them actually caused deep damage that piled up until the end.

I feel like this could be one of those moments, but it could be nothing. I felt like that in the immediate aftermath of Jan 6th as well.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

TulliusCicero posted:

A birth, I think.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

TulliusCicero posted:

One of the people subpoenaed had a family emergency and they had to substitute in his pre-recorded statements.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Ivanka looks like a CGI facsimile of herself.

edit: "The mayor was definitely intoxicated"

Experts:, "You didn't win"

Drunk guy, "Go say you won"

Trump, "I won!"

Murgos fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 13, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
rudy was shitfaced and told trump to declare victory and that it was stolen.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jarmak posted:

Historically authoritarians/flagrant liars like Trump seem untouchable right up until 5 minutes after they're not. Even then it's sometimes not clear for some time that that moment has passed, and many of the things that seemed to bounce off them actually caused deep damage that piled up until the end.

I feel like this could be one of those moments, but it could be nothing. I felt like that in the immediate aftermath of Jan 6th as well.

I have my doubts but it really doesn't matter since the thing moving forward will be the Trump BRAND and STYLE, even if it doesn't have to be Trump himself. Hell, if someone can ape the same bullshit without all the faux pas and hard to defend word salad, they'll probably be even more effective.

Right now I think Trump is a lock for 2024. I don't see anyone on the Democratic bench with a whole lot going for them and the few I like are doomed because they're "way too far left and radical". Most of the country think that what's happening right now is because of Biden's "Far Left" policies.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I love that Drunk Rudy is a central figure in this story

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
This Kevin Marino guy is trying really hard just to cover his own rear end.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

BiggerBoat posted:

Right now I think Trump is a lock for 2024. I don't see anyone on the Democratic bench with a whole lot going for them and the few I like are doomed because they're "way too far left and radical". Most of the country think that what's happening right now is because of Biden's "Far Left" policies.

Oh for sure - I was at a weekend city event in Illinois just recently and there was a vendor section for people to sell stuff from local markets and business owners. Saw plenty of MAGA 2024 and TRUMP 2024 merch.

There are a lot of people that want to go back to “how things were” under Trump, where they were incensed and even encouraged to act aggressive and hateful. They have even motivated groups to shut down story time given by trans people at a local event.

The Democratic Party is doing jack poo poo when it comes to getting people energized and motivated to vote, while the GOP is feeding off of the “DEMS ARE GOING TO PUT GAYS AND TRANS IN THE BATHROOMS AT YOUR KIDS SCHOOLS” energy and getting their voting block ready for midterms and the upcoming election in 2024, no matter the candidate at this point.

On topic though - I am really hoping that these hearings will spawn enough discussion amongst the general public to go “huh, yeah, that was bad what happened, and we need to not have that happen”. But alas, the overall population will forget about this by the midterms, and definitely by 2024. The only way anything major happens is if Trump and his people are perp-walked on TV, but we know that won’t happen.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
gently caress me, I missed the beginning of the hearing. Is there somewhere I can watch from the beginning?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Captain Melo posted:

gently caress me, I missed the beginning of the hearing. Is there somewhere I can watch from the beginning?

just open the AP stream and click at the start of the stream, you'll have to skip around because it started real late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtM9Itv6tj8

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1536361664601374721

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
I swear I can hear someone giggling while they’re playing this Giuliani clip.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

duck.exe posted:

I swear I can hear someone giggling while they’re playing this Giuliani clip.

It's me

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Big Massive Dumps

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SwimNurd posted:

Big Massive Dumps

the biggest most beautiful massive dumps

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ReallyActivist/status/1535516732458053632?s=20&t=BY9d3YoVLFdTYOclNIJdxA

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Barr is a true rat: will always cover his own rear end

Lmao that Trump thought this toad was ever loyal to his dumbass

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

"Oh poo poo I'm going to jail. I'm out."

Anyway, I loved the reminder from Steppian that he was the guy who took over after all the fraud that previous spring where the campaign almost tanked.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

TulliusCicero posted:

Barr is a true rat: will always cover his own rear end

Lmao that Trump thought this toad was ever loyal to his dumbass

Finally someone as loyal to Trump as he is to others.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I just got back from doctor appointments. Did I miss anything good? Anything we didn't already know?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I just got back from doctor appointments. Did I miss anything good? Anything we didn't already know?

Read the thread and find out!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Rudy was apparently inebriated.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Barr told Trump there was nothing questionable about elections in Detroit, he went into depth about all the claims Trump had about it.
The next day Trump went on TV and showed a chart about how impossible it was he lost Michigan (even though he got more votes than he did in 2016!)

This is delicious.

At the moment a new panel of experts is debunking fraud claims, specifically one at a time, and explaining exactly how there was no fraud.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 13, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Nothing will happen to Trump, but it would still be delicious to be a fly on the wall as he rage shits his Depends while watching this.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nothing will happen to Trump, but it would still be delicious to be a fly on the wall as he rage shits his Depends while watching this.

You know he's watching it because it's about him and he can't not look.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The DOJ charges of Seditious Conspiracy levied against the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers indicates DOJ is pursuing a case that absolutely targets Donald Trump. Beside that, the Grand Jury in GA will announce by or on June 30th they intent to prosecute.

Barb McQuaidJoyce Vance points out willful rejection of the truth is not a defense.

Unless something happens to him first, Donald Trump is going to prison.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 13, 2022

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Barr just admitted Trump was the weakest part of the Republican ticket in 2020

Lmao

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"Allegations of 800,000 dead voters in PA, in actuality we couldn't find 8."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dr. Faustus posted:

The DOJ charges of Seditious Conspiracy levied against the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers indicates DOJ is pursuing a case that absolutely targets Donald Trump. Beside that, the Grand Jury in GA will announce by or on June 30th they intent to prosecute.

Barb McQuaid points out willful rejection of the truth is not a defense.

It’s possible at this point. I think he will probably drag it out in court forever and die before guilty or innocent and probably pull some of the chuds down with him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh hey, even the Bush v Gore fucker thinks this poo poo is stupid

Keisari
May 24, 2011

So, what's the chance of Trump getting indicted? Are there any sites like electionbettingodds that show some kind of live "market"? I'm very curious. I had thought it was only a pipe-dream but all of this ramping up makes me think that it might be a "double digit percentage" chance.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Where's the juicy Barr stuff? I'm watching the CNN stream and as far as I can jump back and forth, it's just some Ginsberg or Al Schmidt guy. https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/january-6-hearings-june-13/index.html

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Keisari posted:

So, what's the chance of Trump getting indicted? Are there any sites like electionbettingodds that show some kind of live "market"? I'm very curious. I had thought it was only a pipe-dream but all of this ramping up makes me think that it might be a "double digit percentage" chance.

There's a PredictIt market for this:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7774/Will-Donald-Trump-be-indicted-by-Sept-1

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'll believe it when I see him in prison issue orange and not a moment before.

Because regardless of the evidence, I don't think you find 12 people to convict. Of course, on the chance you did, if, facing the prospect of time behind bars, maybe the remainder of his life given his age and health, he decided to off himself, well that'd be just fine.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Thanks! Much better than nothing, although I recall seeing predictit's odds in the past weirdly distorted compared to other markets. Probably due to all the restrictions. But according to that, the chance of an indictment has roughly doubled. A big shift!

EDIT:

Well, not quite doubled, but has increased dramatically

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

He grifted his own election defense campaign

Holy lmao

This loving owns

He committed fraud on top of Insurrection

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Knowing he probably will never go to prison my biggest hope is that he will suffer some rage stroke from all this.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Why do you think it's stupid?

Also, wondering, how is "apparently inebriated Rudy Giuliani" different from regular Rudy Giuliani ?

Keisari posted:

So, what's the chance of Trump getting indicted?

zero chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

And thats what it all boils down to.
The entire thing was just to fuel Trump fund raising.
And he suckered the entire Republican party to fund raise for him.