Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
the only TMNT game i've played was on the gameboy, and i don't have any attachment to them otherwise, but i'm drooling over Shredder's Revenge based on the graphics alone :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Dotemu/status/1536354091047190529

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Who should they add for DLC in Shredder's Revenge? Usagai Yojimbo would be cool as poo poo

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Who should they add for DLC in Shredder's Revenge? Usagai Yojimbo would be cool as poo poo

The turtles have been in some crossovers over the years, it would be cool if they could license things like the Power Rangers or DC characters as DLC. I doubt that would ever happen but it would be cool.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This game is going to be rad. 10% off if you pre-order/buy at release. It's getting me pretty hype.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Willo567 posted:

The girl turtle from the Nickelodeon reboot to piss off literally everyone.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

whoa I didn't know tee lopes was working on this game, sick.

American McGay posted:

The girl turtle from the Nickelodeon reboot to piss off literally everyone.

which nickelodeon reboot? there's like 4 or 5 of them lol
don't remember a girl turtle being a thing outside the comics

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Augus posted:

whoa I didn't know tee lopes was working on this game, sick.

which nickelodeon reboot? there's like 4 or 5

Yeah, besides the '89 show we had shows in 97, 03, 12 and 18

Girl Turtle was in the live-action 97 show by Saban before the rights were sold off to Nick in 2000. All 3 of the Nick shows are pretty conventional, 03 is just 89 but less overtly goofy. 12 gets real stupid and dark and everyone is just a dick all the time. 18 goes back to being goofier but a lot of grogs hated it for changing the team dynamics/weapons/designs and making April black.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 13, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zore posted:

and making April black.

:rolleyes:

Not that I'm doubting you, but holy gently caress fans are ridiculous and bad.

I didn't pay much attention to the Michael Bay movies, but Whoopi Goldberg as April's boss, Bernadette (Burne) was pretty nice, I thought.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If it doesn't have Pizza Power, the hit smash from the TMNT stage concert "Coming Out of Their Shells" then no buy :colbert:

I had a VHS of that when I was a kid, must've watched it a dozen times.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have the VHS of Vanilla Ice's performance from the movie, and some interview with him. I was pissed when one of my mom's friend gave that to me, and let me think I got the movie.

Anyway, that's the DLC. He's probably not doing much, so they could get him pretty cheap.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the dlc will be a dam level

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the dlc will be a drat good level

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Prime 4 was announced 5 years ago today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbDmTjS_MI

Any day year now until we see actual footage.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be fair they announced that development restarted with Retro what, two years ago?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

announcing games with more than 6 months of dev time left should be punishable by hard labour

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

They announced that Retro would be restarting the project back in January 2019, so its been over 3 and a half years now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

announcing games with more than 6 months of dev time left should be punishable by hard labour

its weird because nintendo sometimes dont give a lot of lead time at all but then there's Prime 4 and BOTW2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its weird because nintendo sometimes dont give a lot of lead time at all but then there's Prime 4 and BOTW2

Bayonetta 3 lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah and then there's them practically shadow dropping Origami King not even in a direct, just randomly posting the trailer on twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo works in mysterious ways

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Dread was also a big “out in 4 months” announcement.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo probably regrets announcing breath of the wild 2 so early and i suspect the pandemic was responsible for serious delays in its development which is why we havent much about it

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
If I was a betting man I'd say BotW2 was going to be a Switch Pro launch game and when that dried up due to parts shortage the game took a backseat for a bit

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo probably regrets announcing breath of the wild 2 so early and i suspect the pandemic was responsible for serious delays in its development which is why we havent much about it

They're screwed because they can't figure out how to make a game that's better than breath of the wild. Nintendo has finally run out of ideas, playtime is over :(

They could just copy paste the same formula into a brand new location/landmass, and add a lot more variety to the visuals in the shrines like maybe several different themes that can be reused

I'd be perfectly happy with a retread like that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I stupidly thought that BOTW2 was gonna be a holiday 2020 release, even accounting for the pandemic. The only other example of Nintendo putting out 2 Zelda games in the same console generation is OOT/MM, the latter of which released a mere year and a half (!!!) after the former. I figured we’d see similar development time benefits with having the robust BOTW engine already completed. It’s even crazier when you think about how BOTW was basically finished and held back for 6 months in order to be a Switch launch title.

We’re nearing 7 years development time on BOTW2.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
me, wisely: i kinda figured 2023 when they said "late 2022"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There is, it's called Crunch Time :pseudo:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Would have rather had a completely new Zelda game if it were gonna take this long

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Long development time for BotW2 is cool because it increases the chances we get another handcrafted BotW-sized map to explore rather than a remixed BotW1 map like was initially expected.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

Dread was in development hell for even longer (in fact I think it started life as a DS title) so I wouldn’t give up hope at least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’ll all come out before silksong

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Palmtree Panic posted:

I still have this pre-ordered on Amazon when they had the Prime Gaming 20% off discount

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

I would love to see actual footage of Prime 4 before Retro rebooted the game. Must have been a trash fire for Nintendo to completely start over.

We never found out what studio was even developing it. Bandai Namco was rumored though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A better question is what the gently caress was Retro doing in the ~5 years between Tropical Freeze and when Nintendo called them crying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

A better question is what the gently caress was Retro doing in the ~5 years between Tropical Freeze and when Nintendo called them crying.

prime 1-3 ports :hehe:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

American McGay posted:

Funky mode

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Megaman Battle Net collection when? otherwise this Capcom showcase is a snooze fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
miyamoto played prime 4 and called it a piece of poo poo so they had to reboot it to satisfy him