Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Seams posted:

There’s a story in the Washington post about a lady who got so Trumpified she doesn’t believe in the existence of trees anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Worked for Saul Goodman.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

To be fair, using the AI is actually training it, so you’re just helping to construct Roko’s Basilisk and create a hell of your own making, in addition to which apparently the manpower required to maintain the AI is apparently grueling and long-hoisted labor that is rife with crunch conditions.

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlord and look forward to the day when it can crank out thousands of hours of "lol bret stephens dumb" podcasts on its own, freeing us from the tyranny of the twice weekly schedule

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/arod_twit/status/1535649083976732675?s=21&t=3rs2BbaNrIaNOZplRX0YQQ

Felix is so weird & stupid, California really is the perfect place for him and his tapioca pudding brain

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Stav's special is out and he's predictably great. Organic crowd work and a super confident delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpkhX85yf0

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you will not go to Valhalla if you keep butter you're currently using in the fridge, absolute weak genetics behavior.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

sexpig by night posted:

you will not go to Valhalla if you keep butter you're currently using in the fridge, absolute weak genetics behavior.

Who ever heard of keeping margarine spread at room temperature

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Everybody get one of those French butter dishes, that's the real move

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

My German roommate always kept a big stick of butter in a metal dish with a lid over it which was novel to me at the time. It never went rancid but once his cat managed to topple the dish and had gone to town on the butter by the time I discovered her. She apparently developed a taste for butter and would try to steal it again. I'd often come back to find the butter dish not quite where I put it. He also kept eggs at room temperature which was also fine and I started doing it too. Lately I've gone back to refridgerating them, I'm paranoid about food spoilage even though I don't think I've ever had an egg spoil on me. My roommate was also fond of eating raw meat, I think he really wanted to go to iron stomach Valhalla. But he's both alive and thriving now so just goes to show food poisoning is not real.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Our cat used to get into the butter. We started keeping it in a cabinet in the butter tray.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pharmaskittle posted:

Everybody get one of those French butter dishes, that's the real move

they're so loving cheap and easy to get, you don't have to get some fancy thing just get a super basic one and never tear your bread like some sort of animal again

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I was a very late convert, for most of my life I thought it was crazy to keep butter anywhere but the fridge. I was a fool and I'm big enough to admit it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bury it in the ground like a civilized person.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Apparently bog butter dating all the way back to the Bronze Age can still be edible, if rancid.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Grevling posted:

My German roommate always kept a big stick of butter in a metal dish with a lid over it which was novel to me at the time. It never went rancid but once his cat managed to topple the dish and had gone to town on the butter by the time I discovered her. She apparently developed a taste for butter and would try to steal it again. I'd often come back to find the butter dish not quite where I put it. He also kept eggs at room temperature which was also fine and I started doing it too. Lately I've gone back to refridgerating them, I'm paranoid about food spoilage even though I don't think I've ever had an egg spoil on me. My roommate was also fond of eating raw meat, I think he really wanted to go to iron stomach Valhalla. But he's both alive and thriving now so just goes to show food poisoning is not real.

You can keep fresh eggs at room temp for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, someone smarter or more egg-xperienced than me can explain why but refrigerating them sort of accelerates the process that makes them rotten.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Approximately 1 in 10,000 eggs sold in North America could make you seriously sick - like dead or wishing you were dead - if stored outside the refrigerator.

It's because in NA they are washed which removes most of the e coli but softens the shell which can actually allow bacteria to get inside and feast on all the yummy nutrients.

In Europe they aren't washed, so it's safer to store on the counter.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that the difference between white and brown eggs? I've only ever bought brown ones because white ones weird me out

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

No that's just the breed, they're all washed in NA. Weirdly I've noticed it's almost impossible to find free range white eggs but my wife hates the brown ones.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Ive been trying to get that DALLE program thing to produce "epic bacon for the win" and it keeps giving me an error :mad:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/arod_twit/status/1535649083976732675?s=21&t=3rs2BbaNrIaNOZplRX0YQQ

Felix is so weird & stupid, California really is the perfect place for him and his tapioca pudding brain

What does this have to do with felix

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Felix once tried to own someone for keeping butter in a dish instead of in the fridge, and got owned himself.

Bust Rodd just made it weird tho

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Butter raises your LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol levels because of its high quantity of saturated fat

BoyzIILittle Women
Jun 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LbzkoVQ2EQ

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wizard Master posted:

Butter raises your LDL (or “bad”) cholesterol levels because of its high quantity of saturated fat

butter is good for you

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Ive been trying to get that DALLE program thing to produce "epic bacon for the win" and it keeps giving me an error :mad:

Idk how people have patience with it constantly being bogged down. People post the most mundane results and I can only think "You waited that long for this?"

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

This post is heavy on LDL (little dick lol)

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Stav's special is out and he's predictably great. Organic crowd work and a super confident delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpkhX85yf0

this was really hilarious

idk i find him and adam friedland very funny but cannot get in to cum town at all. maybe i just like a more structured podcast rather than a hanging out with the bros loosey goosey type thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

matureaudiencesonly posted:

idk i find him and adam friedland very funny but cannot get in to cum town at all. maybe i just like a more structured podcast rather than a hanging out with the bros loosey goosey type thing.

It's kinda like The Boys, you don't gotta sit through the full episodes, just clips of the good parts.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's kinda like The Boys, you don't gotta sit through the full episodes, just clips of the good parts.

what the gently caress

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Yestermoment posted:

Idk how people have patience with it constantly being bogged down. People post the most mundane results and I can only think "You waited that long for this?"

Finding the one phrase that generated the perfect portrait of Batman vomiting made all the time spent worthwhile

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just here watching Youtube compilations of CG body explosions and Nick saying the r-word

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

drat they made that orange poo poo from Evangelion in real life

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I agree that cum town is best enjoyed through highlights and compilations but The Boys is an extremely well-constructed and brisk show, it's all the good part.

Except for Hughie, but even he's not that bad, just a disappointingly Whedon take compared to the comic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Chakan posted:

There’s a new Han? Excuse me gentlemen, I need to make a few calls.

Somehow, the Han Dynasty has returned.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
the oath of the peach tree garden, sworn by the three brothers... finally...

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Spent the day getting dragged behind a truck until all the hate left my body, that poo poo works

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat I want one of the baseball shirts so badly but $45 shipped for a single shirt seems like bad praxis

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I really don’t think six is too early to start wondering if your kid is a dud.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Replace Virgil with Stavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

matureaudiencesonly posted:

It's hosed up, they don't even announce the name of the show or have a theme song