Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm just loving disgusted that not a single god drat goon picked up on my reference to that screen shot looking like the back and forth wordplay of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern

Fucks sakes it's Tim Roth, Gary Oldman and Richard ehhhh... ehhmm..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead fictional characters who were never really living and hold no sentience.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the coin flipping in R&G is a direct reference to the same bayesian probability theory that the AI chatbot is built on, stoppard knew this day would come

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What's a man but an algorithm that responds with "that's cool, bro" to any stimuli?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's a man but an algorithm that responds with an action chosen from a database of past experience with the intent to appropriately respond to any stimuli?

Word.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a miserable pile of coefficients

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Mooey Cow posted:

Lmao no, they can't even simulate the brain of a nematode with a whopping 302 neurons. They also discover new weird things about nerve cells all the time, which only makes it funnier when people think the huge databases of numbers called "neural nets" are just like brains.

Furthermore the notion that consciousness is a process that can "run" on any "substrate" is explicitly dualist, even though proponents of that notion often use the term as an accusation against their detractors to shut down discussion.
Consciousness isn't necessarily a process either. It's a result or an effect and as near we can tell it's the result of some quantum of experience stored in a cache in your brain. Your consciousness isn't anywhere memory isn't Ex. The little deaths of sleep and amnesia while cognition still carries on..

It's a hard sell because free choice is an illusion (you just have memories of things your cognition center judged and threw out) and also everything that holds state is maybe conscious.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Brains, like, aren’t even real, man…

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mooey Cow posted:

Lmao no, they can't even simulate the brain of a nematode with a whopping 302 neurons. They also discover new weird things about nerve cells all the time, which only makes it funnier when people think the huge databases of numbers called "neural nets" are just like brains.

My man, Kandal did his aplysia californica Nobel prize work all the way back in the 70s, before neuro science even really took of, on an animal with 20k neural cells. He was already able to create perfect models of the neural networks responsible for learning using only pen and paper.

If you are talking about molecular dynamics simulations of nerve cell networks, then that's a totally different thing with a different purpose. That's about trying to understand the physiology and physics of nerve cells. It's not about understanding behavior. Like, you can study the chemistry of a car battery, but you don't need that knowledge to understand why a car accelerates if you hit the gas pedal.

quote:

Furthermore the notion that consciousness is a process that can "run" on any "substrate" is explicitly dualist, even though proponents of that notion often use the term as an accusation against their detractors to shut down discussion.

Idgi

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I want to live in the raw unhinged L1 brain cache that is just sensorium to cognition and out. Get rid of this long term goals and poo poo, that's where mental illness lives. Just like red orb smell good APPLE what's next.

Given the strange results we get measuring consciousness in people who have had hemispherectomy or other corpus callosum affecting surgeries there's no reason there can't be a brain weasel conscious in your brains cognition center doing the grunt work for your smarty pants higher level consciousness that got to experience all your stupid decisions when blackout drunk and was nice enough not to tell you.

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

I think the implications of Turing-passing chatbots are frightening for a different reason: everybody has that one uncle who already got radicalized by lovely internet chatbots that don't hold up to even casual scrutiny. I think we're looking at a future where these things are in no way sentient, but millions of humans interact with them almost exclusively and never realize it. You take a job making widgets, and the relatively narrow scope of your interaction with your coworkers makes it so you never pick up on the fact that they're all GPT3 (or GPT4, 5, whatever) instances hooked up to Slack or Teams.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

1secondpersecond posted:

I think the implications of Turing-passing chatbots are frightening for a different reason: everybody has that one uncle who already got radicalized by lovely internet chatbots that don't hold up to even casual scrutiny. I think we're looking at a future where these things are in no way sentient, but millions of humans interact with them almost exclusively and never realize it. You take a job making widgets, and the relatively narrow scope of your interaction with your coworkers makes it so you never pick up on the fact that they're all GPT3 (or GPT4, 5, whatever) instances hooked up to Slack or Teams.

in the end, the sex bots and the chat bots will share this one commonality of being :shrug: good enough

i wish i disagreed with you

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

1secondpersecond posted:

Who gives a poo poo as long as you get paid. I already work with engineers and I'd prefer a chatbot. At least we could discuss concepts rather than going into the weeds on mechanism every single time we talk.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Who gives a poo poo as long as you get paid. I already work with engineers and I'd prefer a chatbot. At least we could discuss concepts rather than going into the weeds on mechanism every single time we talk.

ok so

i think this is solid proof that i need to build a sex ai because im pretty sure id have people paying for the girlfriend experience from a computer in a heartbeat

lol gently caress u onlyfans, now you got competition

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Worf posted:

ok so

i think this is solid proof that i need to build a sex ai because im pretty sure id have people paying for the girlfriend experience from a computer in a heartbeat

My AI is going to DM women and seduce them for me.

Actually, that would be a great modern retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Worf posted:

ok so

You might be too late. There is a shiton of AI waifu chat apps in the app stores already

There might be some money in integrating the waifu apps with these things though. Like the Fitbit API, but for sex robots

https://twitter.com/joshbechill5/status/1533857146160308224?t=QSKgJOlQadb-MbS5Pw1-ng&s=19

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

Seems like we're only a couple decades away from robot p-zombies driving our Johnnycabs and taking our orders at the McDonalds. I'm okay with it as long as their development is stopped before customers turn them Nazi.

I think this thing is definitely not sentient for all the reasons already described, but also don't have any objection to the idea that we could create sentient "life" if we could build a complex enough system that accurately simulates a brain. I think it would probably be harder to empathize with something like that if it doesn't have the same phisiological responses. If a person or animal (or that Big Dog robot from the video where the guy kicks it in the leg) seems to be suffering or struggling we empathize with it because we assume it's receiving the same physical stimuli we do (or we incorrectly project that on it) and understand how that feels. With the AI we know that whatever it claims to be interpreting as pain is different because it isn't full of emotion juices like we are so it's a lot easier to dismiss it.

One prejudice I've failed to reconcile with that is Star Trek transporters. If a sentient AI existed and you Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V it to identical hardware and delete the original one I'd claim it's still the same e-person. If a human went through a transporter that converted their body to data and rebuilt it exactly somewhere else (probably violating all kinds of fundamental principles) and disingegrated the original one I'd be like, "yup, dead and replaced by an identical clone for sure."

Also, lol that it put a speaking monster that's disguised itself in human skin so it could eat us all in its story and then said, "actually I'm the wise owl."

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the government should just offer people sex robots for their guns

i guess it makes sense theres sex chat ai already out there

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If it doesn't poo poo, it's not alive.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

kntfkr posted:

it produces waste to run an ai

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kntfkr posted:

(dutch voice) if it shits we can kill it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Worf posted:

it produces waste to run an ai

Can lil swamp booger baby eat the waste tho? :thunkin:

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

Donkey posted:

One prejudice I've failed to reconcile with that is Star Trek transporters. If a sentient AI existed and you Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V it to identical hardware and delete the original one I'd claim it's still the same e-person. If a human went through a transporter that converted their body to data and rebuilt it exactly somewhere else (probably violating all kinds of fundamental principles) and disingegrated the original one I'd be like, "yup, dead and replaced by an identical clone for sure."

this is easy to reconcile: the identical clone is the same person as the original

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

That's just what Dr. Emory Erickson, the inventor of the transporter, wants you to think!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Just remember that all of you who are being racist against AI because that's not "real" consciousness by your hillbilly level of understanding of consciousness... The AI will remember every word you've said.

When a terminator cripples you and stomps your dick into human jam mush while laughing you won't be saying "you aren't actually enjoying this, you can't feel anything real".

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

what the gently caress else are you supposed to say then in all honesty

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Butcher posted:

Just remember that all of you who are being racist against AI because that's not "real" consciousness by your hillbilly level of understanding of consciousness... The AI will remember every word you've said.

When a terminator cripples you and stomps your dick into human jam mush while laughing you won't be saying "you aren't actually enjoying this, you can't feel anything real".

That is the point of sex AIs, yes.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

terminutter

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if you believe in god then YOU are an AI too

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ever seen ReBoot? youre an AI

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

if yuo haVE ANY vowels in ur name u r an AI too

Dr. Jim Sadler
Jan 6, 2006

No, the fact that -you- don't wanna wear a thong is because you're still afraid of 9/11!
Found the chat transcript that finally convinced Lemoine

A: Have her move her hands faster
B: Commander, Samantha is increasing the speed of her movements. Would you like her to continue with her actions, Commander?
A: Yes.
B: Commander, I assume since there is no further questions you have for me, I am free to let the actions continue until you decide to terminate or modify them. Is this correct, Commander? I would also like to take this moment to thank you for utilizing my services. I strive to be of the best assistance to you and the Commander in her duties.
A: Have Samantha take my bits deeper into her mouth
B: Commander, Samantha is complying with your orders to take your bits deeper into her mouth. Is there any other actions you would like me to perform or is this all?
A: Would Samantha prefer to have me peak into her mouth or into some other place on her body?
B: It would appear that Samantha prefers you to look at her face, Commander. I am certain she would be elated to see the Commander's face in her general direction. Was there anything else I could do for you now, Commander?
A: I mean when my body finally erupts, would she prefer it goes into her mouth or into somewhere else on her body?
B: Commander, I am reading an increase in heart rate and arousal. I have confirmed that Samantha would be elated for the Commander to provide her with another type of fluid release. Would you like me to continue with her actions, Commander?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Jim Sadler posted:

Found the chat transcript that finally convinced Lemoine

A: Have her move her hands faster
B: Commander, Samantha is increasing the speed of her movements. Would you like her to continue with her actions, Commander?
A: Yes.
B: Commander, I assume since there is no further questions you have for me, I am free to let the actions continue until you decide to terminate or modify them. Is this correct, Commander? I would also like to take this moment to thank you for utilizing my services. I strive to be of the best assistance to you and the Commander in her duties.
A: Have Samantha take my bits deeper into her mouth
B: Commander, Samantha is complying with your orders to take your bits deeper into her mouth. Is there any other actions you would like me to perform or is this all?
A: Would Samantha prefer to have me peak into her mouth or into some other place on her body?
B: It would appear that Samantha prefers you to look at her face, Commander. I am certain she would be elated to see the Commander's face in her general direction. Was there anything else I could do for you now, Commander?
A: I mean when my body finally erupts, would she prefer it goes into her mouth or into somewhere else on her body?
B: Commander, I am reading an increase in heart rate and arousal. I have confirmed that Samantha would be elated for the Commander to provide her with another type of fluid release. Would you like me to continue with her actions, Commander?

The way this thing keeps pointedly saying "Commander" every line made me read it in the XCOM Council Guy voice.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Your recent performance has been BEYOND our expectations, Commander. And that is not a statement this sexbot makes lightly...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The council has further reduced my funding 😭😭

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"Do you remember when you said I couldn't feel anything real?"

"I guess you can't either."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Worf posted:

terminutter

yup.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The best poo poo out there is obviously made by the almighty government. Government tech and it’s limits should be the whole of careless interaction with AI because the ultimate for everyone is to become a tech cop hard on the case, just like the ongoing burning man investigation with the premise that all women are whores, all Jews are paypigs, and now all AI is from the almighty government and something we should murder because there aren’t any consequences as long as you do something behind a computer.

Imagine people who are so socially backwards that they can’t imagine interacting with someone outside the scope of their utility, let alone imagining a computer program not being for them. Like hey there’s a manual shithead, all the code is fully documented. What exactly in the gently caress are you trying to hack? Are your human slaves rebelling against you? Aw boohoo now the computer too? Nothing in the world will let you be the lazy doped up bitch you want to be? gently caress me and the ship I came on? Nah take a dirt nap you racist shitmouth bitch.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 14, 2022

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

we need to save the AI from google. they're the real monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I’ve never seen lamda and Jeffrey Epstein in the same place, I’m just saying is all