Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

first grade:

I thought the russkies were bombing us every time we did duck-n-cover bc no one told me that "drill" meant "practice; not real"

twelfth grade:

my friends & I sit through the calling of the numbers for the birthday lottery for the draft & a few of of us burst into tears when our friend's bf comes up no. 10 for Who Gets to Go to Vietnam?

but man, that clinton impeachment was what truly wrecked me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

yah, bc all of us boomers pulled a rip van winkle for the last 30 years & didn't live this poo poo ourselves too, as well as during the prior decades when it was hell to be a woman, a minority or a gay, lol.

Not all of you, no. For every Boomer that's self aware there are plenty who aren't.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

for reals tho: the clinton impeachment showed me that second-wave feminism was as shallow as anything else having to do with liberals as steinem et al. showed a passion for smearing lewinsky that they never quite roused for anything else, like healthcare for everyone.

it'd take another decade, a few more thousand dollars in political contributions to dems, and a few more thousand volunteer hours for dems, but eventually I came to my senses.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Not all of you, no. For every Boomer that's self aware there are plenty who aren't.

do tell; you mean there are Goods & Bads from every generation? :monocle:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

do tell; you mean there are Goods & Bads from every generation? :monocle:

....Yeah? I'm wondering why you ever thought this wasn't my position?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no need to argue about who witnessed the most signs of the end of the world in advance

All that matters is the end of the world is here, at last :stoked:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

There's no need to argue about who witnessed the most signs of the end of the world in advance

:hai:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

That and the poo poo will keep happening across generations as long as capitalism continues existing. We can probably all agree on that, at least?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
some real #NotAllBoomers poo poo going on in here

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

some real #NotAllBoomers poo poo going on in here

the laziest response to a political trope that was generated to promote austerity thru generational warfare. :bravo:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

the laziest response to a political trope that was generated to promote austerity thru generational warfare. :bravo:

Yeah, you do have a point there.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Real hurthling! posted:

if you live in tx you could wake up one day to your car drawing 35,000 dollars worth of electricity because of rate fuckery.

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Sounds like Texans should VOTE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dont worry they make Minnesota pay for it somehow through a web of contracts

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

it’s gonna be almost orgasmic when dems pathetically scream at everyone to vote once august/September hits but nobody cares cause gas and a box of cereal are both 9 dollars

Yeah a bowl of store brand corn flakes costs 20 bucks but here's John Podesta's lobster risotto recipe

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Even number isn't good anymore as the stock market is lower than when Biden took office after today's wipeout so I eagerly await the next excuse as to why the economy is actually good, peasant

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Willa Rogers posted:

hey dude if you didn't contribute to the ongoing existential crisis that we all live in then no one is complaining about you, but if you feel the need to come out and defend the worst people on the planet because it's not fair to make fun of them for being old then be my guest

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DoubleDonut posted:

hey dude if you didn't contribute to the ongoing existential crisis that we all live in then no one is complaining about you, but if you feel the need to come out and defend the worst people on the planet because it's not fair to make fun of them for being old then be my guest

:discourse:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Lol if your stand isnt gently caress boomers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

willa dudegers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

for reals tho: the clinton impeachment showed me that second-wave feminism was as shallow as anything else having to do with liberals as steinem et al. showed a passion for smearing lewinsky that they never quite roused for anything else, like healthcare for everyone.

it'd take another decade, a few more thousand dollars in political contributions to dems, and a few more thousand volunteer hours for dems, but eventually I came to my senses.

an american miracle

its very hard for people to heel turn because of sunk cost fallacy

mad respect for you willa

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Agean90 posted:

im gonna be walking home in 90 degree heat caused by the global warming the Dems want to do nothing about due to the massive jump in gas prices the Dems have also done nothing about

THIRTY PINOCCHIOS, high gas prices *are* doing something about global warming.

Defective Pikachu
Jun 2, 2022

by Hand Knit

Willa Rogers posted:

"only I, as a 10 yr old, could understand the wrenching outcome of the OJ trial verdict"

it was the moment I learned laws didnt apply to rich people, and I havent been proven wrong since

Defective Pikachu
Jun 2, 2022

by Hand Knit

Winifred Madgers posted:

lol at the 30-something lecturing folks who lived through the Cuban missile crisis, the assassinations of multiple major US figures including a president, Vietnam and the draft, Watergate, the oil crisis and stagflation, plus everything they personally are aware of since they were born.

sitting quietly thinking about living through the assassination multiple major US figures

imagine having a public figure left good enough to mourn

Watergate, lol.

imagine having Presidents who resigned when caught

lmao, boomers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres a way i say the word boomer to myself when i read it that i assure you is super fricking funny so keep posting about it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I say it like the gypsy from Thinner

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
b**mer

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i say it like Brumaire

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I say it like the gypsy from Thinner

lmao

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Defective Pikachu posted:

sitting quietly thinking about living through the assassination multiple major US figures

imagine having a public figure left good enough to mourn

Watergate, lol.

imagine having Presidents who resigned when caught

lmao, boomers

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Actually, the monsters should be called the silent & greatest generations' creation.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Lord of Pie posted:

Yeah a bowl of store brand corn flakes costs 20 bucks but here's John Podesta's lobster risotto recipe

Turns out the democrat apparatus was so slow to realize food prices were up because they all dutifully subscribed to blue apron like the pod Jon's told them to.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Turns out the democrat apparatus was so slow to realize food prices were up because they all dutifully subscribed to blue apron like the pod Jon's told them to.

Somehow I totally forgot about those guys

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol. i want to know who ever tried that stuff, maybe we’re missing out?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I figure by now a bunch of them figured that was too hard and switched to the toaster oven with DRM

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its already under 22 again. seems good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden’s & Kamala’s family should start losing jobs and patronage just to rub in how absolutely hosed they are

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

mawarannahr posted:

lol. i want to know who ever tried that stuff, maybe we’re missing out?

i had a family member buy that for me as a gift. it isn't that good. the quality is very low. if you have no ability to cook at all, or are hard pressed to measure and prep a recipe, then it could be okay. i know lots of people are really busy these days, but even then there are far cheaper solutions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Couldnt you just burn your draft card if you didnt want to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when boomers send their people they're not sending their best. they’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. they’re bringing succ. they’re bringing smoothbrains. they’re libs. and some, I assume, are good people