Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

My party this year is a rough one. Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dancer. There's some neat synergies but ultimately it's a lot of fumbling and relying on potions for everything. brb farming max hi-potions from Ramuh and murdering Skull Eaters to get Equip Ribbons before going to World 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I skipped the world map because I thought it’d be funny to see its magical teleporting. Then I immediately got lost. In conclusion I am very smart.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

someone awful. posted:

:justtrans:

Butz gets his HRT at Planned Parenthood!

He sure does!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Alxprit posted:

My party this year is a rough one. Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dancer. There's some neat synergies but ultimately it's a lot of fumbling and relying on potions for everything. brb farming max hi-potions from Ramuh and murdering Skull Eaters to get Equip Ribbons before going to World 2.

Prepare to grind a lot to get your Dancer to the point where they can survive an Almagest and its HP leak effect long enough to suck down an Elixir.

On the flip side, enjoy your Berserker with a Ribbon, the Aegis Shield, and Hermes Sandals basically shrugging off almost anything Grand Cross would do to it short of instant death.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Unless you're on Pixel Remaster, then you can Tee-Hee at NED and he can't Grand Cross or Almagest you and your papermache rear end.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Do we have a list of Pixel Remaster changes compiled somewhere?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I've got Knight and Berserker so far, I'm Team 375 so I guess I'm going to be buying all the potions.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
SAM/Zerk/DRG/

... MNK.

Not really feeling my chances at Omega unless !SwdSlap spam will keep him locked for a Zerker with Equip Katana and Murasame. I guess Shinryu can be ground out if I want to though.

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

It isn't mentioned in Enkibot's hint list, but I found that if Titan is killed via a Monk's Counter, he won't cast Earth Shaker on death. Ironically, it was my Berserker equipped with Counter that made this happen...

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Final attacks are implemented as counters, and you can't counter a counter. That gives you options for a few bosses, but Titan is probably where it's most useful.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I've got Knight/Berserker/Black Mage on a Random Berserker Risk run so far. Two boring, dependable classes that should be enough to get me through in tandem, and I just farmed a pair of Death Sickles in case I get a second Zerker as my Earth job. Black Mage even appreciates being able to run a shield, and random encounters die insanely fast to Two-Handed melee.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Problem with the pixel remaster version: I keep trying to fast-forward.

Edit: wow that mod is really easy to install.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 13, 2022

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Started my first run of the year yesterday, random with berserker risk, plus the ugliest random color Carby's ever given me.
Going for the Brave Blade, because I make poor decisions.
Shut down for the night right after Sandworm, gonna be real interesting to see what my final job ends up being. (In my heart, I already know its another zerker.)

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
The most significant change I've noticed with the pixel remaster version (besides auto battle & diagonal movement) is being able to break rods while still holding one for the boost (great for my red mage). Looking forward to snagging two chicken knives later in the run. This discussion has more stuff: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1173810/discussions/0/3266809271715994782/

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Under handle TemmieThrows on twitter.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I'm on my second run and rolled a blue mage so I'm gonna do a blue magic toxx

:toxx: All Blue, All The Time

I will donate $5 per run that gets every blue magic spell, up to $50. Screenshots of the fully filled in list in the magic menu will do. Obtain the full power of !Blue!

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

You should abort the run, then it'll count

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Maigius posted:

I've got Knight and Berserker so far, I'm Team 375 so I guess I'm going to be buying all the potions.

Other two jobs are Geomancer and Dancer. Looks like all I have to do is heal, and I can just dance for the rest.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Whoever added the sound restoration mod to the Exdeath program is pretty aces. I grew up on the gba version, and I never realized that the SNES sound chip would make all the sound effects more satisfying and the songs fuller. Definitely a fan!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

girl dick energy posted:

Fat Chocobo Tour: Same as the last two years, every time you use the Chocobo spell during a Fiesta run, and you summon Fat Chocobo, type .chonk in the Discord to add it to the count. At the end of the Fiesta, I'll be donating $0.10 per chonk, up to a maximum of $10.
Raising the limit on this to $20, since it's finally actually taking off.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

forgive my tiny screenshot, but mammograms can find even the tiniest things!

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Figure that it's best to ask now before I start, rather than post the question when it's too late.

Say I want to change my Water Crystal result at the Job Fair and make a pledge to buy/reroll the Job.

Should I make the pledge donation first on Tiltify, or do the hashtag twitter post to Gilgabot and then pledge?

I don't know how automatic the process is, so I'd rather not make a pledge before donating and have people think I was trying to exploit the system or something.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Donation then the post, generally, but so long as they're relatively close together time-wise it doesn't matter.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
thief only garula is rear end

i think i had a better time doing all berserker sandworm

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mr. Maggy posted:

Steal a Mythril Knife (or 4 if you want) from the Wyverns in the tower, put one person in the front row and the rest in the back. Only attack with the dude in the front row and use everyone else to heal. Just have a 99 stack of potions (you can afford it, potions are super cheap) ready for it and you're fine. In a lot of ways I feel like Magissa is worse because it's a lot easier to lose that particular battle of attrition.

That said, it's still rear end, agreed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr. Maggy posted:

Set everyone but one in backrow, steal some mythril daggers from the Y-Burns and have everyone but hte front liner spamming potions and doing nothing else.

At level 12-13 its basically impossibleto die unless you just get double countered double rushed from full.

OH And get the elven mantle from castle Walse.

KataraniSword posted:

Steal a Mythril Knife (or 4 if you want) from the Wyverns in the tower, put one person in the front row and the rest in the back. Only attack with the dude in the front row and use everyone else to heal. Just have a 99 stack of potions (you can afford it, potions are super cheap) ready for it and you're fine. In a lot of ways I feel like Magissa is worse because it's a lot easier to lose that particular battle of attrition.

That said, it's still rear end, agreed.

Magissa I just had to grind levels for for all thief. just couldn't not survive the tackle spam.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I'm still stuck trying to get Thieves and Monks pretty Byblos

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ace Transmuter posted:

I'm still stuck trying to get Thieves and Monks pretty Byblos

That's complete and utter rear end, but keep in mind that !Focus is better than Attack for the purposes of Byblos, since you'll draw fewer counters/chances for Protect. You'll still need to grind and chug hi-potions like water (you can steal them from Poltergeists on the Fire Ship, which you can still access without problem) but it's... technically doable. Just pulling teeth.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Speaking of Byblos, I learned today that he can be poisoned! Useful for Mystic Knights, since even an effective attack does only 200-300 damage with Protect up.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Magissa I just had to grind levels for for all thief. just couldn't not survive the tackle spam.

If you wait for everyone to have full ATB then attack right after Magissa's turn, you can get at least six attacks in before Magissa attacks again. Managed to take her from ~350 to 0 that way and skipped her summoning Forza at level 6 or 7.
unless you're on PR, then you're hosed

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Just ran into a weird PR bug. With autobattle on, a MNK charging !Kick countered an attack then !Kicked twice.

It's obviously gonna be a lot of fishing just to get an attack on them during charge, never mind a counter from it, but if it does reliably duplicate attacks I may have something spicy with !Boost and the other three in the air.

E: Didn't repeat on my next counter-during-charge. :iiam:

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 14, 2022

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Last year's unenjoyable Dragoon/Berserker/Summoner/Dancer first run, Gilgabot was far too kind this year, giving my 375 Berserker Risk run the too-easy team of Thief/Summoner/Ninja/Chemist.

Holy Water? yes.

Triple Crown? assured

Time to do another. Last year I bailed on my 2nd run when I got Dragoon AGAIN. This year? I'm on track for double digits.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Galick posted:

Donation then the post, generally, but so long as they're relatively close together time-wise it doesn't matter.

Thank you for the answer!

My team so far is Knight, Summoner, and Ninja, which are all different Jobs than my first playthrough so I am satisfied with having a different run. The team so far feels pretty decent, and Sylph's Whisperwind is making for a good party heal.

I managed to finish Castle Karnak in a single playthrough tonight, meaning that I should get Earth Crystal next time I play.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Kick is benefitting from Equip Axe for me. The algorithms guide has it working strictly off of Lv and Str, but maybe in PR it's a single normal attack per target to explain? The damage is quite noticably doubled but also around what I get attacking with it equipped.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Libertad! posted:

Thank you for the answer!

My team so far is Knight, Summoner, and Ninja, which are all different Jobs than my first playthrough so I am satisfied with having a different run. The team so far feels pretty decent, and Sylph's Whisperwind is making for a good party heal.

I managed to finish Castle Karnak in a single playthrough tonight, meaning that I should get Earth Crystal next time I play.
You should post here about what donation you make (or made), because I'm doing a thing, and I think I'm laxing the requirements.

girl dick energy posted:

Job Scholarship Program: This offer is exclusively open for players who are either new to the Fiesta, or returning players who've never successfully completed one anyone I say qualifies. Sometimes a new player can get a party that's just a brick wall for them, and kill their momentum before they have the skills to overcome the challenge. Therefore, for those players who qualify, I will match one Job Fair change donation, up to a maximum of $5. Whatever jobs, in whatever build, whatever format, whatever party. You put in for the change, confirm it, and I'll put in the same amount. Just @ me in the Discord or quote this post in the thread. This will be open to the first five players who request it, first-come-first-serve.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

girl dick energy posted:

You should post here about what donation you make (or made), because I'm doing a thing, and I think I'm laxing the requirements.

In that case, I should let you know I fair'd my Monk/Zerk/Bard/Dan run, replacing the Monk with a Ninja, for $4. I've got the confirmation tweet here if that's enough.

I have completed the Fiesta many times, though. Although apparently not enough to remember just how strong Bard actually is..

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
Man, Byblos is rough with the wrong team. Berserker, Dragoon, Bard in this case (unlocked).

Ended up having to hide until he ran out of MP, which took a few hours.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Modoh posted:

Ended up having to hide until he ran out of MP, which took a few hours.

Too late now, but I think if you were willing to farm up the 200 AP you could've had the Bard !Lance him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

That's complete and utter rear end, but keep in mind that !Focus is better than Attack for the purposes of Byblos, since you'll draw fewer counters/chances for Protect. You'll still need to grind and chug hi-potions like water (you can steal them from Poltergeists on the Fire Ship, which you can still access without problem) but it's... technically doable. Just pulling teeth.

What I found doing Byblos with monks just now - Focus/Build Up is crucial but mostly for the Drain phase when he hits 800 HP, because he'll cast Protect really quickly no matter what you do. If you're not overlevelled and don't have access to better damage-dealing classes, Build Up is the only thing that stands a chance of beating the numbers on his 66% chance to counter with Drain, and you still need to get lucky.

You also need to get lucky dodging Discord, because it permanently cuts the target monk's damage to around ~10 per swing and if it lands on all of your monks, the Drain phase becomes flat out impossible.

Brutal fight. But satisfying when you finally beat it!