Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dynamite Dog posted:

lewis told toto in private that he was hurting and may not finish/start the races

toto's used car salesman energy kicked in and he spilled that secret as soon as it helped him a tiny bit in public negotiations

lewis doesn't want people to know he said that so he's denying it

no way of knowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kirios posted:

I feel like the politics of Formula 1 are more entertaining than the actual racing.

You would’ve loved the 00s.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Russian Bear posted:

There is no actual racing in F1.

That's not true - we had a fun like 3 races where Max and Charles raced each other.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
The last two races have been such snorefests.

Why has Baku unwelcomed us?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Red_Fred posted:

The last two races have been such snorefests.

Why has Baku unwelcomed us?

Baku overly welcomed F2 and had no more for the main event

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The season has been cancelled due to the monkeypox outbreak. No championship will be awarded.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

something weird is going on with toto and hamilton, i think

toto was saying he didn't know if hamilton would finish the race before it even started, then after the race said he didn't know if hamilton would race in canada and that de vries would be ready to go

hamilton never said anything like that, and has since gone out of his way to say he'll be racing

maybe nothing, but it seemed weird that a team principal would be saying something like that, especially since the driver is then directly contradicting it.

what led toto to say hamilton wouldn't finish the race or race next weekend??

Hey look its tricky to tread the line between " I refuse to race until the FIA change the rules so we can make a car that goes forward more than it goes up and down" and "i need to beat George "Tory" Russell in the championship to show im not a washed-up old fart"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

imagine being that insecure about your wdc* win that you use the number 1 the following season
Imagine being such a brand that you forgo 60 years of sporting tradition to become a literal hashtag
#lh44

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'd like to point out, for those who may not have deduced from recent events, that Sir Lewis's reign on this Earth may be coming to an end. This is potentially a sad day for those of us confined to the material world, but it is a mere step in the fulfillment of His divine plan in the heavens. None of us can predict the intentions of the Holy Father but in ugly and chaotic times such as these where war and famine blight the surface of our world and Verst*ppen wins races we must remember that even the Son of Man suffered mightily at the hands of humans. As His suffering redeemed us, so will that of Sir Lewis, and as He eventually ascended to the ultimate throne, so will Sir Lewis. Lewis Stevenagus Rex Iudaeorum

Hark, humankind's true purpose has been revealed! Thou shall venerate Sir Lewis above all other pontificates and deities. The labor and wealth of all nations and peoples of Earth shall be directed solely towards the construction of inconceivably grand monuments to Him, and we shall expand our honors to all the worlds and beings of the cosmos so that all species are compelled to follow His way.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

something weird is going on with toto and hamilton, i think

toto was saying he didn't know if hamilton would finish the race before it even started, then after the race said he didn't know if hamilton would race in canada and that de vries would be ready to go

hamilton never said anything like that, and has since gone out of his way to say he'll be racing

maybe nothing, but it seemed weird that a team principal would be saying something like that, especially since the driver is then directly contradicting it.

what led toto to say hamilton wouldn't finish the race or race next weekend??

Relevancy deprivation syndrome.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Imagine being such a brand that you forgo 60 years of sporting tradition to become a literal hashtag
#lh44

sporting tradition

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dont worry all, next race will have the non union Mexican equivalents racing.

I'm a big fan of Pedro Gaseoso!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

Because they hosed up the teams as well I was struggling to work out how that was a translation of Valtteri Bottas.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Yes, I spent far too long trying to figure out how the hell that was close to Bottas :xd:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Big Japanese baseball game energy...

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm confused why Ferrari is the only team to honor the sabbath and every other team is so far from the light of Jesus Christ

Jesus is mistaking their curses for prayers and just think the Scud Gang is really devout.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Gran Br*t*ña

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
If we got lowtax a new spine we can surely get one for Lewis

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lewis Stevenagus Rex Iudaeorum

Maximus Decimus Hamiltonus

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Solus posted:

If we got lowtax a new spine we can surely get one for Lewis

or just repurpose lowtax' spine, he doesn't need it anymore

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Custard Undies posted:

Dont worry all, next race will have the non union Mexican equivalents racing.

lmfao. what news paper is this?

and how do they distinguish "alfa" tauri from alfa romeo???

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LochNessMonster posted:

Jesus is mistaking their curses for prayers and just think the Scud Gang is really devout.

Another sinner who doesn't recognize Sunday as a day of rest.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ArmZ posted:

and how do they distinguish "alfa" tauri from alfa romeo???

they could just spell alpha right

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Dictator. posted:

or just repurpose lowtax' spine, he doesn't need it anymore

Lowtax had a spine?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I’m gonna refer to the Netherlands as P. Bajos from now on

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I’m gonna refer to the Netherlands as P. Bajos from now on

Pee Bag?

Sounds about right.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Dictator. posted:

they could just spell alpha right

And why bother with "Tauri" it's just bull, stupids.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Carlos Leclerc def my favorite race care driver now.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

update: Lewis Hamilton has perished from Shaken Baby Syndrome

RIP.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Russian Bear posted:

Carlos Leclerc def my favorite race care driver now.

Is that like the Dragonball Z fusion thing but the one they gently caress up?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Whoever it was that recommended I listen to Saint-Saëns in the previous thread when I asked for classical music recommendations. I both hate you and love you. I am legitimately going slowly insane listening to this album and the playlist radio over the past like 4 months.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Charles Leclerc may have missed his flight to Montreal, but some of the Ferrari equipment has made it. I took this on the Jacques Cartier Bridge.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Conveniently placed next to a sign with the number of laps each PU can do before exploding

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvIiX3lfqB4

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Khablam posted:

#lh44

#mv33

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
using #1 instead of some Personal Brand Number is one of the few cool things about verstappen.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The numbers should be chosen by the teams or assigned, unless it is the number 13, which should be used voluntarily.

It would have been cool for Hamilton to run the 0.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Frond posted:

The numbers should be chosen by the teams or assigned, unless it is the number 13, which should be used voluntarily.

It would have been cool for Hamilton to run the 0.

iirc pastor maldonado actually asked for 13 and ran it, what a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhopunzel posted:

iirc pastor maldonado actually asked for 13 and ran it, what a hero

Bring Back Pastor