Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is a good left candidate ever produced? Thought it was usually just some old guys taking turns at being on the ballot with no hope of winning (except the one time when one did win as a way to troll the melts).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I think I'd breath a sigh of relief for almost anyone other than Kier but I think the wet egg is gonna be PM just to spite us

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

namesake posted:

The SCG isn't large enough to nominate a leadership candidate any more so there's literally no chance of a good left candidate being an option, assuming there was one.

Who cares? I just want to see Kieth get stabbed like Julius Caesar, front back & sides. The least he deserves

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is good news but lol some brown Moses level goon nearly ruined her life

https://twitter.com/kennardmatt/status/1536296370583347201?t=_cNWMFACLBK978iRK-9_jw&s=19

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

this is not an adequate egg

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/kennardmatt/status/1536296370583347201?t=_cNWMFACLBK978iRK-9_jw&s=19

quote:

As soon as I left the meeting, I googled Mr Wigmore to find out more about him and one of the first results I found was a Spectator article which was based on a tweet that Mr Wigmorehad put out. The tweet had included a photograph of a car belonging to the Claimant’s wifewhich had the number plate “X MI5 SPY”.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose posted:

I like when she describes discovering the electoral commission website. What a loving genius

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

The Labour Left are 8 idiots over burdened with a romantic fantasy of a political party that never existed.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

quote:

The Claimant suggested I was looking for a smoking gun but “there’s a smoking gun onevery table”. He said that “nobody cared”. I took this to mean that he felt an impunity from thelaw. He seemed to be saying that the issues I was raising around electoral and data laws didnot matter because it had been a landslide victory for Leave and these were inconsequentialdetails of no relevance.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Line 59, she describes Ekatarinburg as a naval city & like...isn't it in the Urals?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Holy poo poo her description of the Henry Jackson Society on line 67, for democracy & human rights loving nora

(My phone isn't letting me copy from Scrib)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

have election rules changed since corbyn was leader? or more specifically does the leadership election still take outsized influence from rank-and-file and unions, which shift the electorate if not the candidates leftward? I can understand if labour has lost lots of members since then

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Nah they changed all the rules to give the committee the reigns, for the very reason that members clearly cannot be trusted with them any more given who they nearly let become pm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah that makes sense. it also makes cuktig seem way, way dumber for leaving

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CUKTIG achieved 80% of its purpose which was suicide bombing Corbyn's leadership, dreadfully embarrassing for the Tories who seemed to have joined in good faith though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what about lucrative do-nothing jobs for life

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
ah yes, the UK is just going to unilaterally change the parameters of the deal with EU no biggie :lmao:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Brexit means whatever we say it does.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

nawilo_420 posted:

ah yes, the UK is just going to unilaterally change the parameters of the deal with EU no biggie :lmao:

Don't call it perfidious albion for nothing :c00l:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Art of the deal baby. The deal is already made so the EU and specifically Ireland have no choice but to accept changes unilaterally made by the UK because a deal is a deal.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
the uk are just going to drag out any arbitration until trump wins again and get him to tell the eu to gently caress off in exchange for the entire public sector

E: as was the plan literally the whole time until it unexpectedly and disappointingly got delayed 4 years

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gonadic io posted:

the uk are just going to drag out any arbitration until trump wins again and get him to tell the eu to gently caress off in exchange for the entire public sector
trump already won, biden just did a coup. trump will be swept into power in november, after they coup leaders are arrested.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Corbyn should just leave labour and make a new party, there's really no hope with these blairite idiots everywhere loving up everything

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

insane how much this guy was hyped and still got 7% in the general. a bruno mégret-caliber loser

right wing bernie

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Doktor Avalanche posted:

Corbyn should just leave labour and make a new party, there's really no hope with these blairite idiots everywhere loving up everything

I've got good news for you about that first part at least

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also old news about the last bit

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Tarnop posted:

I've got good news for you about that first part at least

He's doing it, making a new party? Or are they gonna throw him out of labour?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what the UK really needs rn is a trade war with the EU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Doktor Avalanche posted:

He's doing it, making a new party? Or are they gonna throw him out of labour?

The latter, he lost the whip and they're never gonna let him back in. I very much doubt he's going to try to start a new party. One of his major faults as a politician is that despite everything they've done to him he still believes the Labour Party is an effective vehicle for left wing politics.

e: I didn't realise that he's still apparently a rank and file party member. I imagine that they're saving the final boot for if/when he stands against them as an independent in the next general

Tarnop has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Jun 13, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

completely loving worthless opposition party but thats no surprise

https://twitter.com/PARLYapp/status/1536433819489812481?s=20&t=sGn90fDgEJVdfeD07ZqtjQ

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Doktor Avalanche posted:

*There are 18 leftist parties*
"This is ridiculous! We should build a big leftist party that can encompass everyone's needs!"
*There are now 19 leftist parties*

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Corbyn should just stay on as an independent and be the backbench MP he was born to be, he's already demonstrated his critical shortcomings as a party leader and is terminally damaged goods on the eyes of the public too

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
he should do a youtube cooking and gardening show imo. an actually humane and nice version of martha stewart living

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

papa horny michael posted:

he should do a youtube cooking and gardening show imo. an actually humane and nice version of martha stewart living

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_HThEYP2o

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i learned how to cut an onion properly from this video back in the day

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
this paul mason poo poo is funny as hell

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That nick griffin recipe video is great because it has a "now that we have the recipe..." sentiment in a fully unironic context.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

exmarx posted:

this paul mason poo poo is funny as hell

How does it feel to be an agent of Russian information warfare!?!!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I lol everytime I see it. Also I changed my mind. I'm actually the arrow that goes from Galloway to the Muslim Community, but through Jeremy Corbyn without ever pointing at him. What does this tell us? Why are you underhandedly implying things in your paranoid ravings? Just draw the arrow my dude.