Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

She's settling in.

oh my god she is perf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Alder posted:

I just appreciate all the latest calico and tortie cat pics :kimchi:

OK I'll play. This is Pixie. She appeared a few years as a stray super-timid undernourished runt kitten with a poorly-healed broken forearm. But somehow we gained her trust, she's gained weight and confidence, and is now the sweetest thing ever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That little belly pouch is my favorite part about cats

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Here's my foster failure dilute calico:

And with her brother (also a foster failure):

And as a bonus: believe it or not, this kitten was an absolute lunatic:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

captainblastum posted:

And as a bonus: believe it or not, this kitten was an absolute lunatic:

That kitten looks 100% a complete lunatic

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/ADGoeGy.mp4

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

My wife's best friend adopted a kitten and her cat immediately decided she was mom and they are adorable together

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Today I made a new friend at work. Ish. It could not be arsed to look up or de-loaf.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Mimi's growing and her eyes are turning a brighter green. She also continues to love snuggling.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Boots dreams of nothing but escape. She can open that door if it's unlocked

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Cats who learn doors are a menace.

Ask me about frantically foam rolling my wife's uniform jackets because Skillet let himself into the closet again and constructed a nest 30 minutes before work

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Absolutely, in one of the few proactive moments in my life, I got my "weddings and funerals" suit cleaned and pressed, in anticipation of job interviews 9 months later, following a 6+ month deployment on a submarine, explicitly for job interviews.

Well it's a good thing they switched to remote interviews, because when I dug my suit out to interview for my current job, I found out Rosie had gotten in the closet, dragged the pants out of their hanger, and used them as a comfy bed for the intervening 9 months, they were disgusting and matted with almost 1/8" of cat hair. I just kept my pajama pants on with the suit top.

She's lucky she's hard to stay mad at.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Have some more Lemew shenanigans. Lemewnigans.

We call this one the Periscope, with her one back leg in the air and her tail out for balance

I can't even when she pulls her back leg up like this

I clean the house every Friday, and this is our routine when I'm done. She runs into the bedroom and sits on the corner and yells at me until she gets what she wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igSAN-xVv_U

One more for good measure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE6vnkiTSNg

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

My arm now.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Breetai posted:

My arm now.

Best loss of limb ever

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Gray kitty at work let me pet it again today, though it was clearly much more interested in getting comfortable and taking a nap.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That ear looks a little too ragged to be clipped from a sterilizing. Catch that cat and take them to a vet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kwyndig posted:

That ear looks a little too ragged to be clipped from a sterilizing. Catch that cat and take them to a vet.

I work at a college, there's a campus volunteer group that monitors and takes care of the cats, and I think that ear injury is an old one.

The more reliably friendly campus cat, seen here in his default position of sprawled out at my feet awaiting belly rubs:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kwyndig posted:

Catch that cat

famous last words.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Cats who learn doors are a menace.

Ask me about frantically foam rolling my wife's uniform jackets because Skillet let himself into the closet again and constructed a nest 30 minutes before work

My little rear end in a top hat understands screen doors and cabinets. She also will crap in your tub about twice a year when she's mad. She hits the litter box 100% of the time otherwise.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/mochiipanko/status/1537522320859926532

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Death from above:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

My mom sent us an air fryer for my wife's birthday, but Skillet has plans beyond "try out the air fryer"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Air fryers are great, they're like toaster ovens you can cook chicken nuggets in and they come out crispy.

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My mom sent us an air fryer for my wife's birthday, but Skillet has plans beyond "try out the air fryer"

Skillet is a very good cat name

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

94°F here. This is the most affection Clem was willing to participate in.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
For some reason the Youtube ALGORITHM sucked up this very old video of my dearly departed Rockefeller and it is now getting a bunch of attention and replies. It's quite weird to have the AI robots bring back old memories for you. Luckily, since then I've been bestowed with two new wonderful kitties, but Rockefeller will not be forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtc45p534c

The new boys enjoying summer vibes:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Having absorbed sufficient photons, Pushka attains critical mass.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Via reddit:

"Cat didn't eat for 3 days, went to the vet where they did an ultra sound only to find a belly full of the neighbour's cat's food"

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
One of the more selfish reasons I hated people who have "indoor-outdoor cats" as a vet tech.

"Have you noticed any behavioral changes outside of not eating?"

"Well he wanders off all day so I have no idea."

:negative:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Man even indoor cats can throw you for a loop if you have a big enough house. We have a whole basement we rarely ever go into but Alby loves that poo poo and he'll go and hide in there for hours sometimes.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh absolutely, we had our own adventure in recent month with poop problems (impossible to solve with 6 cats and 3 litter robots), but that was a good 90% of the "medical mystery" style cases we got, complete with a lot of, "You expect me to pay attention to my cat and know what it does?! You can just scan it with your tricorder and tell me what it is!"

It's the south and most pet owners here should not have animals because they just put down some water and the cheapest food they can find and open the door and call it good, then lose their poo poo at you when something inevitably goes wrong with this arrangement. I have serious PTSD from a lot of the preventable euthanasia-because-of-the-bill cases I was on, but at least that made getting my weed card a breeze.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This cat walked into an empty residential street while I was walking the dog this morning, and froze up as a truck came round, and the truck didn't even slow down. Kitty finally ran away but I almost witnessed callous cat murder and all day I'm going to be worrying about the cat :(

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/g78CNQl.mp4

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Mimi grows:

And somehow she managed to hang out with our other cat Leo despite them not being all that friendly.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

:3:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why are kittens so good at getting into shenanigans

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Because they are very mobile but have no thoughts, empty heads.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mother (?) of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My parents got a couple of rag dolls in February and the other week one of them hopped into the dryer right as my mom closed it. She turned it on and heard a cat howling in terror and she opened the dryer and she jumped out lol. She obviously got tumbled a few times and my mom felt awful.