Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Chances the NFL drops their decision on a Friday afternoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
They might just because its when they reach a decision but even they have to know that this is the sort of story that will carry over a weekend

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

During the third quarter of NBA Finals Game 4

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Pretty low given that the new lawsuit was not previously known imo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1534319569686482945?s=21&t=0UGYzaE4ce6VqJT_kb2fNg

:lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two more suits

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...26-sources-say/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m confident that this, the 28th or 29th allegation, will be the last one. We did our due diligence. Here’s all the women in my family and they agree.

- Jimmy Haslam, probably

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m confident that this, the 28th or 29th allegation, will be the last one. We did our due diligence. Here’s all the women in my family and they agreehe only exposed himself to a few of them.

- Jimmy Haslam, probably

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My favorite part of these new allegations is that 1: Watson lied to the Browns, 2: the Browns's idea of a "thorough" investigation is laughable, and 3: the Texans are likely complicit in Watson's shenanigans.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
At this point, it seems like the NFL and everyone else is waiting with baited breath for documentary evidence to surface.

Maybe none will come out. I'd assume the NYT might have unearthed some by now if it existed, but why wait until the last possible minute and react to damning evidence? Just issue an indefinite suspension and sort it out later.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On the other hand, maybe the evidence doesn't come out until mid-season so that a suspension carries over into the next season.

Either way, tremendous schadenfreude content thanks to the Browns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ayudo posted:

At this point, it seems like the NFL and everyone else is waiting with baited breath for documentary evidence to surface.

Maybe none will come out. I'd assume the NYT might have unearthed some by now if it existed, but why wait until the last possible minute and react to damning evidence? Just issue an indefinite suspension and sort it out later.

The nfl watched ray rice nearly murder his girlfriend and drag her body out of an elevator, then say everything was fine and would have done nothing unless the video leaked.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of the few times I wish TMZ was on this case.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m confident that this, the 28th or 29th allegation, will be the last one. We did our due diligence. Here’s all the women in my family and they agree.

- Jimmy Haslam, probably

Let's be real, their "due diligence" exclusively consisted of watching game film

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Intruder posted:

Let's be real, their "due diligence" exclusively consisted of watching game film

Whoa whoa they also interviewed Watson and he said he was innocent. No way he'd lie

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Whoa whoa they also interviewed Watson and he said he was innocent. No way he'd lie

Watson: “I’m totally innocent. Anyway, do you know any inexperienced massage therapists nearby?”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m curious.. if the Texans are found to be at least culpable of his behavior and there’s proof they covered it up, Cleveland argues for the trade to be nullified due to bad faith

Obviously no actual law governing nfl trades so entirely up to the commissioner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1536755051217227777?s=21&t=JXMIo3-VPvw_wG-hs90q2A
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1536754411187458049
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1536754025089187842

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m curious.. if the Texans are found to be at least culpable of his behavior and there’s proof they covered it up, Cleveland argues for the trade to be nullified due to bad faith

The Browns will absolutely try to weasel out of this and I hope they get told to gently caress off.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

The Browns will absolutely try to weasel out of this and I hope they get told to gently caress off.

I hope the Browns lose and that the Texans get so hosed in court the league starts taking their (better) draft picks as punishment.

E: because lmfao that the league would actually force the sale of either of these teams or do anything materially damaging to owners

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

The ideal scenario is browns being forced to pay every penny and Watson losing every penny in the lawsuits.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I need to know who asked this.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Again not to say the Texans wouldn't deserve to suffer but it would take an astonishing amount of hubris even for Jimmy Haslam to argue that trading for a man who was already facing 22 lawsuits was done in bad faith because the Texans knew there might be 5 or 6 more

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

it would take an astonishing amount of hubris even for Jimmy Haslam to argue

Have you ever met a rich person?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

He's absolutely considering this. Why wouldn't he after Depp/Heard?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1536763452487782400?t=5uM00Aml0cuQyhRIc3kmOA&s=19

Somewhere the Brown's marketing director is burying their head in their hands.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shinji2015 posted:

He's absolutely considering this. Why wouldn't he after Depp/Heard?

Different circumstances for one

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fast cars loose anus posted:

Again not to say the Texans wouldn't deserve to suffer but it would take an astonishing amount of hubris even for Jimmy Haslam to argue that trading for a man who was already facing 22 lawsuits was done in bad faith because the Texans knew there might be 5 or 6 more

Not necessarily - if the Texans were part of the “investigation” done and pretended to know less than they did… or even worse, if they actively knew of other coverups they flat out hid.

I’m just wanting to see Houston, Cleveland AND Watson burn tbh and currently it’s looking like Houston is making off with picks

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m just wanting to see Houston, Cleveland AND Watson burn tbh and currently it’s looking like Houston is making off with picks

Yea, basically the most "fair" thing here is to punish all involved.

Void those picks all together, don't give back to Cleveland, don't let Texans keep them.
Suspend Watson forever.(I guess he could like unfuck his sex pest brain, become a better person, show honest contrition, pay massive penalties to the victims, etc, but I don't trust any organization like the NFL to honestly assess that instead of just like waiting until he's out of the news)
I'm one the fence what should happen with the cap and Watson's contract if the above two happen. On one hand, gently caress around and find out. On the other, the two above points combined with a 55 million dollar a year cap hit would likely be a death sentence for an NFL team. No first round picks, no money to sign new guys, likely worst NFL team post merger. Maybe the appropriate punished there is just loving oust Jimmy Haslam.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1536795285090877445

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Why are they even letting Watson answer questions?

In response to any question about the lawsuits, why isn't his response "I'm here to talk football, you will have to talk to my lawyer"?

Is anyone not even prepping him for these interviews? Why would any of these possible questions come as a surprise?

Or is Watson just dumb and really thinks he did nothing wrong?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

Yea, basically the most "fair" thing here is to punish all involved.

Void those picks all together, don't give back to Cleveland, don't let Texans keep them.

Three players have already been drafted using those selections, I wonder how that would be handled

Just let them sign as free agents wherever they want at their slot values? You definitely don't want to force the first round pick to sign as a UDFA

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don't know if dumb is the right word but I think it's totally likely he doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Three players have already been drafted using those selections, I wonder how that would be handled

Just let them sign as free agents wherever they want at their slot values? You definitely don't want to force the first round pick to sign as a UDFA

I'd probably just leave the ones they already used. No use loving the players or making them scramble to find new contracts with new teams.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I don't know if dumb is the right word but I think it's totally likely he doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

Mild sociopathic behavior.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

I'd probably just leave the ones they already used. No use loving the players or making them scramble to find new contracts with new teams.

Seems like less of a loving over than being forced to be on the Texans :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I need to know who asked this.

It was, to nobody's surprise, Mary Kay Cabot.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

wilderthanmild posted:

I wouldn't have a whole lot of quibbles with this but I wonder if the other owners would allow it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Codependent Poster posted:

It was, to nobody's surprise, Mary Kay Cabot.

Good god she is so, so terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

Good god she is so, so terrible

In the past I've not defended her exactly, but said she's kinda useful in the way that whatever she says or asks is what ownership wants her to say or ask so you know what they're thinking.

Now that ownership has ended up here I don't see much use.