Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

i cant for the life of me figure out why an NFT bot liked a tweet i made about songs about loving

hell yeah steve albini owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

hell yeah steve albini owns

hell yeah he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgfscg06nk

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

hmmm

my door lock vacuum actuator is still out for delivery but now says "Delayed" and "Updated delivery Monday, 6/13/2022 before 8:00 pm Initially expected: Monday, 6/13/2022"

thanks fedex that's really informative

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i really enjoyed this book and if you enjoy any of the bands on the list you probably will too

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if you're in a band and the intro to your song isnt at least as good as this just go back to the studio until it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TCxAvVYao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Achmed Jones posted:

i have an ll bean tartan robe. the exact model doesnt appear to be made any more but it's basically this and it owns

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/186...Y*Men%27s&pos=2

this is not a bath robe

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

is too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dehumanize yourself and face to terrycloth

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
steph curry is going to win the stanley cup

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

never thought it would be that thrilling to watch number go down

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i have one plaid robe, one fluffy, and one that has weights in the shoulders. I live a pretty dope life

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah.....

.....YOURE A DOPE!!!!!

i don't mean it <3

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Achmed Jones posted:

yeah.....

.....YOURE A DOPE!!!!!

i don't mean it <3

at least im a pretty dope

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
what the gently caress is wrong with you achmed jones

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i have a fleecy warm winter bathrobe and a thinner breathable summer bathrobe

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
cjs: they better loving hire me with all this a++++ product guy poo poo i'm doing.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: getting really burnt out working with this one pm. she’s doing the classic terrible boss thing where she’ll create a jira ticket in a sprint to make sure some investigation work i’m doing is covered but then steadfastly refuse to drop it when i come back and say it’s not necessary anymore

in this case we learned from the stakeholder that our application is going to be launched slightly differently than we thought so i was looking to see if it was going to change our architecture at all. she wrote down, ‘consult with the two top dog architects who are insanely busy about the change’. i come back a few days later saying it’s not a big deal and won’t have any impact on us so we can close the ticket. she is now convinced that i HAVE to set up a meeting with the two architects and every attempt i make at convincing her that i really don’t want to bother them for something this inconsequential results in her trying to think up a reason i should bother them

it’s now at the point where she’s now proactively setting up meetings with the stakeholders and TRYING to get them to add additional scope which can result in an architecture change so i have to set up that meeting. fortunately i’ve been able to stonewall those conversations but jfc it’s literally her job to hold back scope creep and she’s actively encouraging it now

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
just set up the meeting.

agenda:
introductions
discussion of problem
get input on stuff
shoot the poo poo
check off the box

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

taking wednesdays off is the most based thing you can do

divide your work week into easy to tolerate chunks rather than doing it all at once

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i really do not like the dev kit for one of these consoles
good lord
why are the screenshots in such awful quality i can't read the errors it decided to log to the screen rather than the actual log

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

at least you get error logs instead of chrono trigger’s exception system

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ultravoices posted:

just set up the meeting.

Never capitulate to terrorists

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cjs: getting really burnt out working with this one pm. she’s doing the classic terrible boss thing where she’ll create a jira ticket in a sprint to make sure some investigation work i’m doing is covered but then steadfastly refuse to drop it when i come back and say it’s not necessary anymore

in this case we learned from the stakeholder that our application is going to be launched slightly differently than we thought so i was looking to see if it was going to change our architecture at all. she wrote down, ‘consult with the two top dog architects who are insanely busy about the change’. i come back a few days later saying it’s not a big deal and won’t have any impact on us so we can close the ticket. she is now convinced that i HAVE to set up a meeting with the two architects and every attempt i make at convincing her that i really don’t want to bother them for something this inconsequential results in her trying to think up a reason i should bother them

it’s now at the point where she’s now proactively setting up meetings with the stakeholders and TRYING to get them to add additional scope which can result in an architecture change so i have to set up that meeting. fortunately i’ve been able to stonewall those conversations but jfc it’s literally her job to hold back scope creep and she’s actively encouraging it now

never heard of a dog architect before

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

c music s just watched a video on everything at the end of time and lmao it gave me a minor anxiety attack

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pollyanna posted:

chrono trigger’s exception system

the what

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

why are you talking about chrono trigger i was meaning a physical dev kit for a console

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

hbag posted:

taking wednesdays off is the most based thing you can do

divide your work week into easy to tolerate chunks rather than doing it all at once

my "work from home" day is wednesday and it rules for this exact reason

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I'd prefer a longer weekend over a day off wednesday (assuming a theoretical 4-day work week). One day isn't nearly enough to properly relax or make longer plans. The same 5 o'clock dread I feel on sundays would be felt on that solitary day off and that'd suck

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

I'd prefer a longer weekend over a day off wednesday (assuming a theoretical 4-day work week). One day isn't nearly enough to properly relax or make longer plans. The same 5 o'clock dread I feel on sundays would be felt on that solitary day off and that'd suck

the key difference, at least for me, is that there's a lot less dread when you only have to go back for two days

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: first day of new job. Probably wont have to do poo poo until noon for the next few weeks because everyone is out in figgieland while I work from the correct time zone: eastern.

I have a bit longer to actually figure out what im doing and not just be a giant fraud who doesn't just cram poo poo together from oss repos, though that seems to be the majority of touchers so i'll probably be fine

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

the key difference, at least for me, is that there's a lot less dread when you only have to go back for two days

That's the tradeoff, absolutely. I'm ok with the continuous 4 day because it's not like I work particularly hard.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

graph posted:

the what

hbag posted:

why are you talking about chrono trigger i was meaning a physical dev kit for a console

i suppose it's better to call it a debugging tool. some code remained in the retail release of chrono trigger that crashes the game and fills the screen with a single color depending on what the problem is. usually has to do with fuckups around game data like events or decompression.

code:
# Offset - Function

C02E1E - Color Crash

The following routines store a color index and jump to C02E1E color crash code.

Dark Blue - Location index > $01FF
C00077 - This code may not be reachable.  The routines right before it will jump to the overworld code if the map is 01F0 or higher

Light Blue - No string index set (7E012D bank byte = $00)
C03574 - Event Command BB, textbox
C035B9 - Event Command C1, textbox
C03600 - Event Command C2, textbox
C03647 - Event Command C0, dec box
C036AE - Event Command C3, dec box
C036E1 - Event Command C4, dec box

Pink - Packet isn't being decompressed to 7F8000-7FFFFF range
C046CF - Event Command 82, load NPC
C04838 - Event Command 83, load enemy

Purple - Related to loaded sprite graphics?
C05CB0 - Event Command 82 & 83 subroutines

Dark Yellow - Packet begins with $0D0A BETA format
C05CD7 - Event startup

Red - Decompressed event packet too large, > $1700
C05CE5 - Event startup

Light Yellow - Event command not valid
C05F6E - Event Command 01 and others
no idea why they stuck around but assumedly this is all the devs had to work with to diagnose bugs and other fuckery

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
cls got trapped in a horror nightmare this morning and am still woogly about it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

graph posted:

i also went to work this morning

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

have you tried quitting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

as a product manager, scope creep gives me the warm happy feelings

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

graph posted:

same but always op

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fart simpson posted:

as a product manager, scope creep gives me the warm happy feelings

mission creep was one of my favorite venture bros puns.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I love scope creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

if i didn't already know what "scope creep" was, it would make me think of a stalker with nice breath