Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Next person commenting on the double date dilemma is getting a sixer unless they include a detailed story of what they consider the worst date they've ever been on. I'm talking paragraphs.

It all started back in the fall of 1398 when she suggested we meet for drinks in Tulamba...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

January 6, 2021. She told me she wanted to go to “The Rally”, which I assumed was just a hip little place in downtown DC I’d never heard of. Well, things got a little wild and one thing led to another….

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's a big difference between driving as an unlicensed driver and driving without your license physically on you. Just about every state is going to have an allowance for the latter, and any cop has the ability to look up your license status without the paper.

There are a bunch of other reasons the OP can and should nope out of house babysitting, but "can't find my license" is way down on the list.

The thing that raises flags in that story for me is the amount of reasons the OP raises for justifying why they don’t want to do it and shouldn’t have to do it (it turning out that they’re babysitting as well as house sitting) before giving the reason they can’t do it. The former makes the latter sound like an excuse.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 14, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So there I am, just you know, doing my microbial business when this cute little mitochondria floats on by and bingo bango bongo to cut a long story short even if a judge would agree to let me divorce her doctors say I literally can't live without them anymore.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Next person commenting on the double date dilemma is getting a sixer unless they include a detailed story of what they consider the worst date they've ever been on. I'm talking paragraphs.

I'm not going to continue that derail because I can't write multiple paragraphs about this but I went on a date with a girl in college who used the f-slur, then said "it's okay, I can say it, my dad is a [f-slur]." She then proceeded to complain about both her former roommate who was apparently a total bitch for wanting to change rooms just because this girl told her she smells bad "and I mean you know all Indian people smell" and then about her current roommate who hates her just because she made a comment about her friend not getting of her "African grease" on any of her stuff.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my husband he should be ashamed of himself and he would be incredibly lucky if his oldest daughter ever speaks to him again?

quote:

I married my husband 3 years ago. He was divorced, and previously widowered. He has two daughters. Annie who is now 26 (I believe) from his first marriage and Amy who is 17 from his second. My husband told me about his late wife, his ex wife, the issues he had as a blended family when he remarried and Annie was not on board with him remarrying and the fact this strain ended his second marriage. He was also honest that Annie never forgave him for remarrying and never wanted anything to do with Amy or him after she turned 18.

What he did not tell me was the MAJOR role he played in all of this. I found this out three weeks ago, at a dinner with his extended family.

The story as I now know it. When Amy was around 5 years old she took a special interest in a necklace that belonged to his late wife. My husband gave the necklace to Amy, which upset Annie, because all her mothers possessions were meant to go to her. My husband told Annie that it was just one item and she needed to get over it because Amy was entitled to have something too. Annie had brought up that it was the piece her mother wore the most. My husband told her that it was a special gift to give to her sister. That she was being selfish. His ex wife told her that her mother would want "someone as special as your sister" to have a piece of her as well. Annie never got over it. She tried to take it from Amy and was punished. The last time she saw any of them she told them all to go to loving hell.

Amy still has the necklace too. She has let it get into a bad way, and talks about it as if her dad bought it for her.

I was shocked. I never would have expected my husband to be that way. He was very unapologetic about it and told me Annie would have to get over it some day. I told him he should be ashamed of himself. That he should have allowed Annie's mothers possessions to be hers, to do with as SHE chose, that Amy did not give a crap about his late wife or the significance of those items, but Annie would have. I told him he will be incredibly lucky if his daughter ever speaks to him again and I would not blame her if she never did.

He was furious I judged him. His family said I should take my husbands side over his daughter who I don't even know (except for the nephew and niece who told the whole story, because they also think my husband did a hosed up thing).

AITA?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Guess what's gonna end the third marriage

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to see his fourth.

AITA for telling my husband I won't steal from his third ex-wife even if she deserves it for not respecting him?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

WIBTA if I leave for a hotel until he gets back?

quote:

My husband has a bad habit of springing things on me last minute and expecting me to roll with it. He often claims he just found out about it, but when pushed will admit that things have been in the works for a long time and he just didn’t notice, or neglected to inform me, etc. One recurring “surprise” has to do with his work. He tends to spring work trips or events on me last minute, and/or will modify trips already in process to extend them, change the terms, etc. In isolation it might not be a huge deal but we have kids that I’m left to take care of, and (this is the biggest factor for me) he frequently leaves his relatives behind at the house with me. I do not like this. I’m very introverted and private, and while I recognize he likes having his family around, and I do my best to make peace with that while HE is around, I find it unreasonable to leave them behind with me time and time again while he’s off traveling. Most especially because he knows I value my space, don’t particularly get along with his relatives, and because over time it has become such a consistent thing that we’ve had huge fights about it, so he has no way to pretend he thinks I’m okay with it.

Fast forward to this week. He has multiple relatives coming in from out of town. This has been in the works for a month or so, and they intend to stay for a prolonged period of time. I’ve had some nerves about this for the above mentioned reasons but have been doing my best to be supportive of it because I know how much family means to him and at least when he’s here with them there’s a decently comfortable dynamic. There was also no mention of him having any upcoming travel, so I felt somewhat at ease. Until the day before they were scheduled to arrive.

While talking he suddenly brings up how he’ll be away “next week” (just a few days after they arrive). He first said he just found out, but when I said it’s unreasonable for his work to demand he leave on such short notice he confessed it was planned a month ago. He swears he just missed the invite, but given his history I’m betting he just didn’t want to tell me. So now he’s about to leave me with virtually no notice with a number of his relatives, most of whom I do not know. And the one relative I do know well I do not get along with. I told him if he leaves me like this I’m going to a hotel while he’s gone. He responded that I would offend his relatives by doing so and therefore I can’t. I’m tired of being pushed into uncomfortable situations and I’m considering making this my hill to die on and leaving anyways. Clearly just talking to him about me not being ok with this pattern is going nowhere and I don’t see how it’s reasonable that he keep backing me into uncomfortable situations. But he is right that it’s obviously going to look shady at best and rude at worst if I just leave. But given that I was bamboozled into this situation to begin with, does that really make me TA?

She needs to leave now before they arrive.

Odds are work trip is mistress?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Hughlander posted:

Other option is ADHD making it difficult to remember and plan long term. I wonder if he's ever been tested? Not that it excuses his lovely behavior.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hughlander posted:

She needs to leave now before they arrive.

Go to a hotel to fill out the divorce paperwork in peace

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

massive spider posted:

The thing that raises flags in that story for me is the amount of reasons the OP raises for justifying why they don’t want to do it and shouldn’t have to do it (it turning out that they’re babysitting as well as house sitting) before giving the reason they can’t do it. The former makes the latter sound like an excuse.

"I don't want to do this" should be enough though. If they have to invent excuses for not doing it, it probably isn't for their family.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cloacamazing! posted:

"I don't want to do this" should be enough though. If they have to invent excuses for not doing it, it probably isn't for their family.

Yeah totally. The only point I'd say is the way she framed it would make it sound to the family like an excuse, so even though she doesn't need a reason and the excuse she has is totally valid it weakens her argument to her unreasonable relatives.

This isn't me saying she did anything wrong, just an example of what would be a more compelling way to frame her point.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

quote:

I [25/F] told my sister [24/F] about my SO [23/M] fetish and then humiliated him in front of her, he dumped me and asked me to leave his house - 8 year relationship.

This all just happened last night and about 2 hours ago so i'm still in shock at it all, sorry if i go into to much detail for some of you its semi nsfw and im going into detail also as a way of helping me layout my thoughts and process this all.

My SO and my sister do not get on, she believes he is controlling and abusive (he is not) the irony of this is that we are in a 24/7 femdom style relationship however she or anyone for that mater do not know this, when we started we agreed to several rules each rule had varying consequences for breaking it some rules where like, if i wanted to stop this i had to tell him rather than wanting to stop but continuing for months until it gets to much, no 3rd people (Without first giving a heads up) a couple of others about how posting on reddit is okay as long as its not obvious who it is and one rule was do not tell anyone, this was the only rule we agreed on that was a break up level offense.

Well my SO was trying to save his and my sisters relationship by inviting her over for a night of movies, pizza and video games, it was all going good until my sister went looking for something she thinks she lost here (note about 2 months ago she looked after our house while we went on holiday) we have a few box's (small box's) of sex toys built up quite a collection in the last few years typically each box is locked however earlier in the day we had a "session" and we forgot to lock them up, my sister found them and all hell proceeds to break lose.

I will say at this point we do have a cover story if this happens, most are regular sex toys (dildos, vibrators, but plus, beads, etc) which can easily be passed of as mine which we did and my sister fell for it (when i stayed at home she found my toys regularly so she knows i have them) as for the strap ons our fall back story is "it's for a threesome" my SO said that, whereas i told her the truth its for me pegging him, he was mortified, she was embarrassed, i then followed it up by saying that's why i know I'm not being abused by him because I'm in control of the relationship, the three of us argued for a while basically him saying I'm playing a bad joke, her saying I'm only saying that due to his abuse and me getting very flustered and angry, to prove my point and i am ashamed i did this, i pulled my SO's sweatpants down to show he is in a cage (Note, i instantly regretted doing this and honestly cannot believe that i did it).

My sister now believes that I'm not being abused and said she was sorry for the years of poo poo she put my SO through and he just told her she should leave and she agreed with him and left, she left and my SO just blew up and went crazy I've never heard him shout so loud or so much in the 8 years we have been together, honestly i was terrified, he then called the whole femdom style off and then proceeded to bin all of the toys we have, he once sort of claimed down he told me i have broken the one absolute rule we had, I've broke his trust, I've humiliated him, she was crying pretty bad at this point as was i and then he said he doesn't know if we should be together any more asked for the engagement ring back and told me to sleep on the sofa or the dogs bed and he will take the dog with him into our bed.

At first i tired to argue back that this was good for us at least now we wont have my sister telling everyone you abuse me, that didn't work, so i tired to play it of as part of the femdom lifestyle a sort of I'm in charge not you and this is what i want, that didn't work, i knew they wouldn't but honestly at this stage i was just clutching at every straw i could find to try and calm him down, nothing worked, for the first time since we started living together in 6 years i didn't get an "i love you" or a "Good night" or a goodnight kiss/hug i spent the whole night crying, i know he did too because i heard him at times, i wanted to comfort him but i couldn't face him after what had just happened.

Morning comes around, at first its going OKAY he isn't as mad, he says he is sorry for blowing up as bad as he did last night, i said he doesn't need to be sorry its me who is worry i should have never done that and should have went along with what we agreed etc, we hugged and kissed, i thought that was the end of it, he goes shopping this morning and got back about 2 hours ago raging again i don't know whats going on, he shows me, my sister has tagged him in tons of them stupid Facebook caption pictures basically saying he is pathetic, he cant satisfy a women, etc, i said none of that's true and i would call her and get her to stop he said there's no need its over and he cant deal with this any more and he would like me to leave the apartment.

WTF i thought it was getting better but thanks to stuff my sister did my relationship is over, I'm aware it was really what i did which i should never have done but in the morning it was like it was all getting better, but thanks to my sisters posts its over, what can i do, i told him he cant kick me out and i have 30 days to leave he was annoyed at this but said okay. I now have 30 days to win him back does anyone have any idea on where i can even start? i know i don't deserve him, i know i majorly hosed up, i know what i did was horrible and a huge betrayal of his trust but i have to at least try and win him back, I'm also pregnant but now i cant even tell him i planned on telling him last night but now if i tell him it'll just come out as me trying to trap him, so unless he takes me back no mater what happens its going to come out as me trying to trap him because i know without a doubt he will take me back if he found out and he will try to work it out but i want to win him back not force him back.

Thank you for any help you can provide on this and sorry for the light novel!

tl;dr: Told my sister about my SO fetish, breaking his no1 rule and he dumped me and has asked me to leave his house thanks to posts my sister was making on Facebook about the situation.

The story is a bit sad on the whole, but whipping down your boyfriend's pants, exposing his dick cage to win an argument is :discourse:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I swear this is a repeat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Who the gently caress are these relatives that are apparently fine with coming to hang out with a total stranger to them anyway

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

The story is a bit sad on the whole, but whipping down your boyfriend's pants, exposing his dick cage to win an argument is :discourse:

When I first started reading this I was thinking "it must be exhausting for your sex life to have a big list of special rules with enumerated consequences like some cursed object in a YA novel". But "don't surprise pants your boyfriend to show your sister his dick cage" probably shouldn't need to be an explicit rule.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Larry Cum Free posted:

quote:

I [25/F] told my sister [24/F] about my SO [23/M] fetish and then humiliated him in front of her, he dumped me and asked me to leave his house - 8 year relationship.
told me to sleep on the sofa or the dogs bed and he will take the dog with him into our bed

Seems he knows where to look for loyalty.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Imagine being so obsessed with what your nosey judgemental sister thinks of your relationship you're willing to nuke your own just to prove something to her.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yeah, I have to wonder at what point with her repeatedly finding OP's other sex toys when she was living at home, and being judgmental of their relationship yet allowed to house-sit, does it become a bit of a fundamental lack of basic common sense by OP and her (soon to be ex) SO.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
r/relationships: gaze upon my cock cage, ye mighty, and despair

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Seth Pecksniff posted:

r/relationships: gaze upon my cock cage, ye mighty, and despair

a vast and trunkless dick of stone
stands in the desert

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

It is

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
so, OP's sister assumed she was being abused, and then started into a big rant about the OP being a lying abuse victim because....she saw sex toys?

Seems weird that after 8 years of her sister gaslighting her about being abused she never at any point just said "gently caress off" and instead thinks that putting her intimate sex details on full display is the right idea.

Glad the guy in a total 100% femdom relationship clearly had more balls then 99% of the dudes on the reddit when he ended things after OP broke the one and only rule he had for their relationship.

her comments also add a touch more context to the problem as she literally doesn't think she's entirely to blame

quote:

I think it was just panic, should have just said its none of her business and left it at that, but we sort of panicked and just said it. I agree that the vast majority of it was on me, i just think that it could have been salvageable until he felt like my sister was also humiliating him, in the morning we agreed to work on it, he see's this stuff and blows up again.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 14, 2022

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I have to wonder at what point with her repeatedly finding OP's other sex toys when she was living at home, and being judgmental of their relationship yet allowed to house-sit, does it become a bit of a fundamental lack of basic common sense by OP and her (soon to be ex) SO.

Reddit posters have a suspiciously high frequency of relatives who snoop through their rooms, "accidentally" find their sex toys and freak out about it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

It is.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yeah, the story reads like a fever dream. He's accused of being abusive, they were 15/17 when they started going out, they are Dom/sub, sister is the accuser and finder of sex toys, sister accuses husband after finding sex toys in TYOOL 2022 and finally OP rips husbands (jogging pants?!?) down to show his cage.

Ok, whatever.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tarkus posted:

Yeah, the story reads like a fever dream. He's accused of being abusive, they were 15/17 when they started going out, they are Dom/sub, sister is the accuser and finder of sex toys, sister accuses husband after finding sex toys in TYOOL 2022 and finally OP rips husbands (jogging pants?!?) down to show his cage.

Ok, whatever.

I think the most realistic aspect is that's just such a massive wall of rambling :words::words::words:, like it almost feels weirder in a way if it's completely made up

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Barudak posted:

It is!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

I swear this is a repeat

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
how do kids even stumble into chastity play with tumblr gone :confused:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I swear this is a repeat

It is!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Ok, whatever.

TYOOL 2015

I swear it’s a repeat.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

kntfkr posted:

how do kids even stumble into chastity play with tumblr gone :confused:

Reddit.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Is it Tuesday already?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for denying to pay child support for my ex roommates kid?

quote:

I (24m) used to live in a 4 bedroom house with 2.5 other roommates (Bri 22F, jay (2m), Alex 27M). Now Bri is a single mother and she works in a customer support job and Alex is a paramedic. Alex and I are not the biological father of Bri’s son. I don’t know who is but from what Bri says he’s an rear end in a top hat and deserves to be 6ft under. I moved out of the house since I’ve switched companies and make twice as much as I used to and have decided to live by myself now. So a few days ago I got a message from Bri saying that she needs child support money. I thought it was joke and assumed she sent it to the wrong person, so I said “Lol girl, wrong number”.

She then said “no (my name) I’m serious, I need child support money rn to pay for blah blah blah”. I then told Bri that I will not pay child support money as I’m not her baby daddy but if she needs to borrow money then we can work something out but she will pay me back. She then wrote multiple paragraphs of texts saying that her son imprinted on me and considers me a father and I need to be a good role model for him. There were other things as well but it made me want to poo poo a brick. I left her on read and immediately messaged Alex about what was going on with screenshots and he was also bewildered. She hasn’t talked to him about money yet but I did thoroughly warn him and he’s staying at his sisters house for now.

She is still blowing up my phone and threatened a lawsuit for the child support and has been calling me all kinds of things. I feel terrible since I care about her son and he’s literally a baby but I am in no shape his father or have any kinds of responsibility to him. I know she doesn’t make much and is living pay check to paycheck and I’m open to lending her money but this makes me feel incredibly weird. AITA for not giving child support?

"You've met my kid, that makes you the dad now"

I would like to see the reaction if that lawsuit was ever actually attempted, though.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA For telling my wife that she hijacked our anniversary trip

"For you it was the greatest time of your life... for me, it was a tourist destination."

Yeah, no. Cancel the trip outright & let the wife/MIL pay their own way. Save the money for the divorce.

Barudak posted:

I swear this is a re-Pete.

FTFY

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Andrast posted:

Who the gently caress are these relatives that are apparently fine with coming to hang out with a total stranger to them anyway

They weren't going to hang out, they were going to get fed and entertained and cleaned up after by dipshit's spineless wife.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ChickenDoodle posted:

Is it Tuesday already?

It is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Somebody's HR department is going to have a fun couple of days.

AITA for telling my coworker she’s a dick for insisting the vision I had of my dead grandfather wasn’t real?

quote:

The TL;DR, I saw my dead grandpa smile at me after he passed, my coworker insisted I didn’t, and when I called her a dick, she reported me to HR for inappropriate language. What now?

My grandfather on my dad’s side passed about a month ago. He was 87 and lived a long, amazing life. He was ready to let go and I’m continuing to make my peace with that.

I get back to work after my leave and my coworkers had a card signed for me, which was nice. During lunch we caught up, asked me how I was doing. I shared the experiences I had during my leave. I told them the night he died, I saw a vision of him (he passed in his sleep, I was a few houses down as my parents and grandparents live on the same block). He looked healthy, he was smiling, and he looked twenty years younger. I blinked and he was gone. I kinda knew then, and the next morning we get the call. My dad told me he saw him too, near his bed, albeit he looked like he was in his 40s instead of his 60s. My coworkers were very supportive. Except for Alix.

Alix later pulled me aside. She told me my stories sounded nice but, she wanted to make sure I knew my grandpa wasn’t actually there. I asked why it matters, she told me there’s no such thing as spirits or ghosts and once we die, we die, and there’s nothing left of us besides our bodies. She gently insisted my father and I did not see him, that it was a figment of our imaginations likely brought on by stress, and that we’re fooling ourselves, and she knows she sounds like a dick but she sees it as her “duty to bring people back down to earth when they get on their woo poo poo” as she put it.

I told her that she’s right, she does sound like a dick, and I walked away. I had a brief cry and confided in a coworker who’s also a friend irl, she agreed Alix was waaaaay out of line.

Today, I get a calendar request for a “mediation” with Alix, apparently she reported what I said to HR and she wants to sort it out kindly. It’s for Thursday. I know my job isn’t on the line because the mediator reached out to tell me that beforehand. Apparently it’s to discuss “inappropriate office language and to be careful to not use words that come across as an insult,” which I would find hilarious if it wasn’t so infuriating .

What do I do? What do I say? I’m pretty positive the mediator doesn’t have the full story, so what should I go in and say? Part of me feels bad that I called her a name, but another person pointed out that she called herself a dick first, I just confirmed that she was. So I am kinda flabbergasted that she decided to report me to HR over things she said about herself. But still, should I have handled the situation better?