Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Hughie is standing infront of a big wall, A-train tries to run through him but he teleports and A-train slams into the wall leaving a big a-train shaped splatter

Hughie is standing in front of a giant whale, A-train tries to run at him but Hughie teleports and A-train and the whale explode into gore, somehow.

The Deep sees the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Golden Bee posted:

Frenchie can’t stop others from manipulating his girlfriend.

- All of them want the weapon to kill Homelander

- They had to negotiate with a person to get it

- Frenchie didn't want to fulfill the one negotiation thing because it would hurt a person he wanted to protect

- The only other option for them was for Kimiko to "take care" of a shithead

Like, obviously Butcher should have asked Kimiko before agreeing, but I don't explicitly blame him since this is the only viable path any of them have, and it was literally "someone Frenchie likes dies" or "Kimiko does a thing she dislikes, but with no outright long term physical harm". I also don't put this on Frenchie aside from his presence in the group and in the discussion caused that person to offer those options

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
No one else would have had to know, Butcher could have taken a hit of V, killed the target and burned the house down himself. Granted he's now out (as far as we can assume, he had 3 vials but the needle(s) we've seen doesn't look like it uses the whole vial) but he still would have had V in his system by the time they went to get the weapon/soldier boy.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
microdosing V to improve my posting power

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 hours!)

since butcher was taking the v the next night anyway he probably could've just taken it to do that hitjob and still been juiced up for the real job. time it so it's less than a 24 hour gap between jobs. he was still keeping it a secret at that point but he had to have known there was a good chance the jig would be up the next day anyway.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

roomtone posted:

since butcher was taking the v the next night anyway he probably could've just taken it to do that hitjob and still been juiced up for the real job. time it so it's less than a 24 hour gap between jobs. he was still keeping it a secret at that point but he had to have known there was a good chance the jig would be up the next day anyway.

I don't think that I'd be wanting to plan my raid on a secure facility around superpowers that might expire at any moment.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jedit posted:

I don't think that I'd be wanting to plan my raid on a secure facility around superpowers that might expire at any moment.

There's going to be at least one scene (maybe their shot on Homelander in the finale) where it goes like the Futurama episode and they run out of juice at the critical moment for sure

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1536770559161380865?s=20&t=-fmeefWVyPwozqBrXLAnrg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Not sure what they're going to do with him in the story, but his character was literally called The Legend and he's basically Stan Lee

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Oh poo poo,bit late for the legend isn’t it?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

lmao, when trying to looking up the legend I found this article https://screenrant.com/boys-stan-lee-legend-disrespectful-parody-comic/

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

finally, PoG (people of goon) have representation in the boys. thank u amazon

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I wonder if it’ll be like a cg version of him in vought media or something. Probably safer to make fun of the MCU parading his digital corpse than to pastiche Stan himself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

tokin opposition posted:

finally, PoG (people of goon) have representation in the boys. thank u amazon

Not fat enough and no beard

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

My wires got hardcore crossed and for a second I thought "I thought we already did Odin Quincannon" and then I felt really stupid

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lmao, when trying to looking up the legend I found this article https://screenrant.com/boys-stan-lee-legend-disrespectful-parody-comic/

Yeah, that sounds not great.

Based on the timing, maybe he used to have a job like Ashley or Sitwell in the 80s and Soldier Boy is going to seek him out.

I don't know what The Boys would get out of a character like that right now since they know HL's backstory and what happened to SB already. Maybe they need him to make sense of the lab documents that Kimiko took for some reason.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

My wires got hardcore crossed and for a second I thought "I thought we already did Odin Quincannon" and then I felt really stupid

no, he's pretty much odin quincannon without the giant meat goddess

ennis gonna ennis

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

christmas boots posted:

Not sure what they're going to do with him in the story, but his character was literally called The Legend and he's basically Stan Lee

The Legend was kinda-sorta Ennis' self-insert character (despite being American and "hating Limeys"), so I take this to mean that Ennis himself will have some kind of cameo.

Ennis loving *hates* the entire concept of a "superhero" so expect him to be some :goonsay: expert on everything.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

No Dignity posted:

A-Trains arc has been being given opportunities to redeem himself and make a positive difference and veering away from them as hard as possible to suck up to power and preserve his career instead. They basically spell it out for you with the Michael Jordan comment

Seriously. I don't see what's hard to believe about A-Train betraying Supersonic. Of course he would. He'll do whatever he has to, to stay on the Seven and feel important. There's nothing he cares about as much as his fame or influence.

Nuebot posted:

My pet theory is that he's going to wind up in another position like in season one; homelander'll tell him to take care of Hughie and Starlight while he's busy, and despite the two trying to talk him down he's going to do the rear end in a top hat thing and his heart will go off. Only this time they're not going to stop to help him, because he's run out of chances. And A-Train will probably get the lamest death of anyone in the series.

Possible. Dying in a lame, pointless way feels exactly right. But I'm kind of hoping Homelander kills him, because clearly A-Train believes there's some reward for loyalty, and obviously there won't be. He could've shown the mildest amount of courage or moral fortitude, used his position to affect even a sliver of positive change, but he chose self-interest instead. The message should probably be, "selling your soul for table scraps will never be worth it."

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

he'll probably get killed by homelander in a way to show that yes, he is actually as racist as stormfront after literally flirting with Nazism. that or a white cop kneeling on him, given this show's love for referencing stuff that happened in 2020

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

given this show's love for referencing stuff that happened in 2020

That's ridiculous. The Pepsi ad was in 2017.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Kimiko takes his other leg out and he dies of starvation a week later.

And have homelander make fun of his fat corpse.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 14, 2022

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

IShallRiseAgain posted:

quote:

He even has sex with Queen Mauve in one of the weirdest scenes from the entire comic.

That is a very high bar to meet, and I know I will regret looking this up

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

They were going for an A-Train redemption arc but Ezra Miller hosed it up and now he has to be a bad guy.

In all seriousness I don't really think what A-train did was as irredeemable as some people are making it out to be...some guy he doesn't know asked him to help coup his murderous, invincible boss who has super hearing and might have heard their whole conversation. I'm pretty sure 90% of people are going straight to Homelander in that situation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Hello, would you like to become involved in my plot that ends with Homelander tearing you in half like a phone book OR would you like to betray me, a guy you just met, in order to get in good with Homelander. Ah. poo poo."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"you seem extremely, pathetically desperate for this guy's approval... have you considered killing him with us instead?"

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
the best ongoing plot point is people forgetting about homelander's super hearing and then getting smooshed into jelly as a result

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Goast posted:

the best ongoing plot point is people forgetting about homelander's super hearing and then getting smooshed into jelly as a result

compare and contrast with edgar's "i hope he's listening because frankly he needs to hear it"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Goast posted:

the best ongoing plot point is people forgetting about homelander's super hearing and then getting smooshed into jelly as a result the literal discussion we just had of why Homelander would even bother to lie about it to Starlight

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I just got that his superhero name is a pun on the A-Train in New York and that he is "a train". Choo choo.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Do we even know that Homelander killed Supersonic? Maybe Neumann did that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think if Ashley hadn't poo poo on his A-Train to Africa campaign then none of this would have happened just food for thought

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'd play that videogame about slavery.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Calling it here that she'll be bald by the end of the season from the cumulative stress and horniness.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Starks posted:

In all seriousness I don't really think what A-train did was as irredeemable as some people are making it out to be...some guy he doesn't know asked him to help coup his murderous, invincible boss who has super hearing and might have heard their whole conversation. I'm pretty sure 90% of people are going straight to Homelander in that situation.

A lot of it's the accumulation of his past behavior, obviously. But it's also a way more loaded situation than you're describing: his murderous, invincible boss is getting more unstable and sadistic every day, constantly demeaning and threatening him personally, and recently went on an unhinged public rant about his inherent superiority over all other men. This following a scandal where he was intimately connected to a literal Nazi. When A-Train floated the idea of stopping a down-tier supe from killing Black people, Homelander not only wouldn't consider it, but seemed to take pleasure in shutting him down. It's not a secret that Homelander is a dangerous megalomaniac, and there's plenty to suggest that he's nearly a Nazi himself.

Sure, it's asking a lot for A-Train to trust some rando he just met in a conspiracy against the most powerful man on Earth. But also he knows exactly how dangerous Homelander is. It's not just that he betrayed Starlight and Supersonic; his decision is also a betrayal of his supposed politics, of his community in general, due to his own cowardice and self-interest.

The World Inferno posted:

I just got that his superhero name is a pun on the A-Train in New York and that he is "a train". Choo choo.

The A train is also, specifically, a train line running through Bed-Stuy in Brooklyn and Harlem in Manhattan. It's strongly associated with historically Black neighborhoods in NYC. Packaged identity politics have been part of his thing from the beginning, is my point.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 14, 2022

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Spoilering this in case I get it right, but I bet Homelander invites Blue Hawk, the supe that's been targeting black people to take Super Sonic's place, specifically to get under A Train's skin. In one of the trailers there's a clip of him entering a room wtih Ashley holding the door

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Avasculous posted:

Do we even know that Homelander killed Supersonic? Maybe Neumann did that.

do we really think homelander couldn't trivially stage a murder like that? she didn't even dna test the remains, didn't even give a quick smell test. some supe she is

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
For all we know that’s just Supersonic’s power

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

For all we know that’s just Supersonic’s power

"Halt! I, SuperSonic shall defeat you!"

*Face implodes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

As Nero Danced posted:

Spoilering this in case I get it right, but I bet Homelander invites Blue Hawk, the supe that's been targeting black people to take Super Sonic's place, specifically to get under A Train's skin. In one of the trailers there's a clip of him entering a room wtih Ashley holding the door

it's the perfect psycho homelander move holy poo poo