Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

OhFunny posted:

I then equipped two blades (not on NG+ so Dromarch stays) with Luck Mod. You can see which blades have Luck Mod on the second stat page of a blade or just scroll through the list while watching the luck stat. I gave all three core chips that gave flat +50 luck. Ureilite Chip for Dromarch, Magnet Chip for fist blade, Amethyst Chip for the bitball blade. Ureilite and Magnet Chips will also give +50 luck to axes and spear blades.

You can swap Dromarch for a third luck mod blade without being on NG+ as long as you're in a lategame chapter. With Dromarch not in the top blade slot, use Rex's master driver ability to swap the blade over to him. Now the slot's open and you can hit the luck cap at high enough levels. Works with any driver except Tora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I then equipped two blades (not on NG+ so Dromarch stays) with Luck Mod. You can see which blades have Luck Mod on the second stat page of a blade or just scroll through the list while watching the luck stat. I gave all three core chips that gave flat +50 luck. Ureilite Chip for Dromarch, Magnet Chip for fist blade, Amethyst Chip for the bitball blade. Ureilite and Magnet Chips will also give +50 luck to axes and spear blades.

Ah, I was missing the parts about the blade stat mods and chips giving luck (I didn't realize they affected anything other than damage/block/crit).

Terper posted:

Latest tweet is ostensibly information about Taion, but is actually LORE instead

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536611094323933184

New background music in this one too.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536969465090707456?s=20&t=vOlMICb6qjrZiBahVcuSug

quote:

Perhaps because they usually live in the forest, Yuzuriha is very agile and can easily move on trees and thin ropes! But that's so reckless!

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1536968619124736000?s=20&t=vOlMICb6qjrZiBahVcuSug

quote:

Yuzuriha (CV: Rie Kugimiya) is one of the game's new Heroes. She is a "Phantom Archer" (Attacker) that can strike powerful blows from blind spots with her bow. By erasing her presence, she can hunt her enemies safely. "

quote:

Yuzuriha seems to belong to Agnus, but she usually lives quietly in the woods. She is a nice person and seems to be trusted by her fellow colonist.

So that's two Keves side and one Agnus so far. Not counting the Nopons. One tank, healer, and ranged attacker. I'll guess there'll be another Agnus member so it's two and two and they'll be a melee attacker.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The protagonist’s party seems like it’s getting pretty big, assuming all those extra characters aren’t guests that come and go.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're def gonna be guests.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

My understanding is these are not temporary characters and you can select which you want to be in the seventh character slot to fight with the core six.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this tweet from NoE:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1526114105869979648?s=20&t=ZD8gwPzMRpT17HMI5I6R1A

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wonder how well fly in this, fusion travel powers?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Upsidads posted:

Wonder how well fly in this, fusion travel powers?

Skells. :getin:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

We've got to get high enough to try
Over the world, we've got to fly
Come to the dance with firebird
He'll take us all alright

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ethiser posted:

The protagonist’s party seems like it’s getting pretty big, assuming all those extra characters aren’t guests that come and go.

Xenoblade tackles making a mob of villagers as a battle party. Engage in chaotic 16 v 56 PvE combat!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

they already did that in future connected though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WTF, I need her to be a permanent party member.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OhFunny posted:

My understanding is these are not temporary characters and you can select which you want to be in the seventh character slot to fight with the core six.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this tweet from NoE:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1526114105869979648?s=20&t=ZD8gwPzMRpT17HMI5I6R1A

No wait, I change my mind to these two.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

they already did that in future connected though

Oh that's sick! JRPG where your party is the size of a Pikmin squad sounds fun.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, the Nopon due feels like they were originally part of the core team and got downgraded considering their whole gimmick.

Kinda sad we won't have a core Nopon team member. We could use some good ones to balance out how poo poo Tora was

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nopons always suck so I don’t really care if they got downgraded

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There should be a Nopon party member that's inexplicably 4' tall

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think the nopon pair are going to stick with the crew even when they’re not in the 7th party slot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I may just be biased but at least the Nopon are a more interesting non-human design than all the other Xenoblade non-humans. Like this party without them is a combination of

Human
Human with cat ears
Human with tiny wings on head
Human but kinda robotic
Human with a crystal in chest

We didn't even get a cool design for the BLADE party member.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The human with cat ears also has a crystal in chest.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think the nopon pair are going to stick with the crew even when they’re not in the 7th party slot.

The Nopon duo are the party's gemcrafter and cook, so they're definitely here for the whole game.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The human with cat ears also has a crystal in chest.

The green haired human with cat ears also has a crystal in her shoulder.

Seems Taion and Manana are the only non-Blades among the Agnus party members.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

With the way the Keves side of the party all have Monado replicas I'm expecting everyone on the Agnus side to have both blade* and human** ancestry.

*possibly including the Aegis in the ancestry
**humanity includes the Gormotti, the Indolines, the Urayans and other human subspecies I may be forgetting about

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Looking forward to XC3 explaining the lore behind the Vale quest where the Nopon summon a monster out of thin air.

It turns out that the fogbeasts are all the result of dark Nopon magiks

Ethiser posted:

I'm pretty certain that the 7th party member characters are going to be the sorta-equivalent to XC2 Blades in this. Basically side characters who probably have their own optional quest chains. It seems that the party will gain the ability to switch to their classes.

I'm guessing most will be met during the main story, but that there will be some optional ones or ones introduced in DLC.

Zore posted:

I may just be biased but at least the Nopon are a more interesting non-human design than all the other Xenoblade non-humans. Like this party without them is a combination of

Human
Human with cat ears
Human with tiny wings on head
Human but kinda robotic
Human with a crystal in chest

We didn't even get a cool design for the BLADE party member.

All those other races are basically just different human "breeds"

Omobono posted:

**humanity includes the Gormotti, the Indolines, the Urayans and other human subspecies I may be forgetting about

(According to the evolutionary tree Klaus shows they're actually not closely related at all, but that tree is hilarious and basically says that Urayan people have more genetically in common with, like, lizards or something than with the other humanoid races)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Ytlaya posted:

(According to the evolutionary tree Klaus shows they're actually not closely related at all, but that tree is hilarious and basically says that Urayan people have more genetically in common with, like, lizards or something than with the other humanoid races)
thats because theyre australian

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1537316641104535553?s=20&t=vpSTqFDjj7tPQ8ZVMGsuwA

The battle music just dropped. It starts out sad and then becomes a banger.

Also classes have Master Arts characters can learn and keep even when they switch off that class. These Master Arts can be combined with regular class arts to create Fusion Arts.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1537315766805987328?s=20&t=vpSTqFDjj7tPQ8ZVMGsuwA

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Isn't this the Counterattack/Engage the Enemy equivalent? It's the one from the second trailer.

Nice to have the track by itself, though.

Blaziken386 posted:

thats because theyre australian

It's the same for all the humanoid races; they're all at the end of a separate part of the evolutionary tree.

This is the only picture I could find online and it's kind of hard to see, but you can see how the humanoids are all at the end of their own separate branches (though I guess "regular" humans and Gormotti area closer). Also there appears to be something after the tirkin, but can't tell what it is. edit: lmao there appear to be two separate tirkin pictures in the tree that are in completely different places

Also I don't see the Nopon anywhere :tinfoil:

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 16, 2022

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ytlaya posted:

Also I don't see the Nopon anywhere :tinfoil:

Why :tinfoil:? Does anyone actually think the Nopon are from Klaus/Zanza's design*?

Don't ask me how X fits in, I have no clue and the chances of getting the connection with the rest of Xenoblade explained are low.

*technically homs are a preexisting design too but it's not the same thing. Basically I'd assume Klaus imported as many species design from before the fuckup as possible.

Musings:
what was the deal with the Zanza/Klaus situations anyways? Was Zanza unaware he left half his consciousness behind in the old world? Was all the poo poo Zanza did in 1 a dog and pony show to coordinate with the XB2 side?
I mean, Galea/Meyneth didn't get split in half and she didn't seem aware of XB2 so I'm personally going with the first interpretation.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

There should be a Nopon party member that's inexplicably 4' tall
Don’t be a coward: 6’ even with human proportions.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Omobono posted:

Why :tinfoil:? Does anyone actually think the Nopon are from Klaus/Zanza's design*?

Nopon are angels from outside the universe (hence the wings and why they are not beholden to human morals or ethics)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Be not afraid

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Omobono posted:

Musings:
what was the deal with the Zanza/Klaus situations anyways? Was Zanza unaware he left half his consciousness behind in the old world? Was all the poo poo Zanza did in 1 a dog and pony show to coordinate with the XB2 side?
I mean, Galea/Meyneth didn't get split in half and she didn't seem aware of XB2 so I'm personally going with the first interpretation.
neither Zanza nor Meyneth knew a drat thing about what their bodies were doing in XB2, they were under the impression that they, along with everything else, were destroyed
(Meyneth's body became Infernal Guldo, it's wearing her ID card when you kill it. Whoops!! Sucks to be her.)

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Blaziken386 posted:

(Meyneth's body became Infernal Guldo, it's wearing her ID card when you kill it. Whoops!! Sucks to be her.)

Wait, what?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Don’t be a coward: 6’ even with human proportions.

And an anatomy book that shows that their skeletons are all folded down normally.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

neither Zanza nor Meyneth knew a drat thing about what their bodies were doing in XB2, they were under the impression that they, along with everything else, were destroyed

I don't remember that ID card being identifiable; the image on it was just a blur shaped like a person.

From my understanding, Guldos are specifically people who had core crystal implantation stuff done to them (which likely allowed their bodies to - technically - survive Klaus's experiment).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 16, 2022

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Zopotantor posted:

Wait, what?
the guldo are all mutated humans. infernal guldo, the boss, drops an ID badge when it dies, and the camera zooms in on it when Rex looks it over. in the flashback scene, Galea is wearing the exact same badge. It's heavily implied that that's what happened to her.

e:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1537316641104535553?s=20&t=vpSTqFDjj7tPQ8ZVMGsuwA

Sounds like an "Engage the Enemy" type of track.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Blaziken386 posted:

Blaziken386 posted:

the guldo are all mutated humans. infernal guldo, the boss, drops an ID badge when it dies, and the camera zooms in on it when Rex looks it over. in the flashback scene, Galea is wearing the exact same badge. It's heavily implied that that's what happened to her.

e:

:magical: :stonklol:
This game(s) I swear.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

e:

drat you're right, it is the same one. It was hard to tell when playing, but seems undeniable in those screenshots (unless they just used the same generic ID or something).

I'm not sure how that makes sense in terms of The Lore, though (since Guldos result from having the core crystal experiment done).

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

drat you're right, it is the same one. It was hard to tell when playing, but seems undeniable in those screenshots (unless they just used the same generic ID or something).

I'm not sure how that makes sense in terms of The Lore, though (since Guldos result from having the core crystal experiment done).
im not sure when the experiments were done in the timeline, but it could be explained as her pioneering the experiments to try and keep the survivors alive long enough to fix things, while Klaus stayed up in the space station and felt sorry for himself

I interpreted the conduit activation as like, the eye of the storm, where everything was dead outside of it but there were initially some survivors. just not enough to matter in the long run.

this is all wild speculation without any evidence, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1537578745527410689?s=21&t=dfEGQ_UuN4qtf7XAfWzv1A

This is very good