Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
I guess I fell victim to the yearly purge? It's all good, I'm not on a lot and just logging in to tend my training queue. . I will return if there is another call of goondor. Cya on the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Kungfu Trader posted:

I guess I fell victim to the yearly purge? It's all good, I'm not on a lot and just logging in to tend my training queue. . I will return if there is another call of goondor. Cya on the next one.

You're doing it wrong. See, you're supposed to bitch and moan about how important you are/were and HOW DARE YOU BE PURGED. Then call people who troll-reply you probatable things. Then maybe become an FC for what's left of PAPI.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kungfu Trader posted:

I will return if there is another call of goondor. Cya on the next one.

same

literally the only thing left to play this game for is to poo poo on a vastly superior and smug force

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Found a relic site. Didn't immediately notice that when I arrived I was in a naked pod. Someone had carpet proximity mined the entire area around it.

rip me

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 14, 2022

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hasselblad posted:

Found a relic site. Didn't immediately notice that when I arrived I was in a naked pod. Someone had carpet proximity mined the entire area around it.

rip me

you died to something that was removed from the game 15 years ago? how odd.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I undocked and died to aoe torpedo damage

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

where can i read up on how to get good at probing/dscanning? happy to put in the hours practicing but i'd like to know if there's anything i've missed in terms of overview layout or hotkeys

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Kungfu Trader posted:

Almost the same here, except all my chars + an alt corp were registered properly and still got kicked. For whatever reason, one random alpha account char was not kicked. Now I have to wait a week to get back in, but thankfully it's a busy week anyway.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Hope you gals and guys are all busy designing your LEGO ships to beat the gals and guys in that other epic space game Star Citizen. :dogbutton:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Burt posted:

Hope you gals and guys are all busy designing your LEGO ships to beat the gals and guys in that other epic space game Star Citizen. :dogbutton:

:effort:

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Hasselblad posted:

rip me

can you link your lossmail? I'm guessing that wasn't a relic site but a data site.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You're doing it wrong. See, you're supposed to bitch and moan about how important you are/were and HOW DARE YOU BE PURGED. Then call people who troll-reply you probatable things. Then maybe become an FC for what's left of PAPI.

Yes, of course, I see what I did wrong. Let me try again. Don't you guys know what a big deal I am? I once flew in a fleet with mittens, which basically means I am in the inner circle. Also, Querious George and I are best buds, so good luck without me here to keep things going....Umm and you guys are screwed without my leet FC skills....Yeah, I anchored on the FC so many times that i feel like I was basically the FC. o7

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol looks like CCP is cracking down hard now on real money trading of ISK. I've been buying ISK through this method for years because it's significantly cheaper, and you get way more ISK. Last night though CCP gave me a warning and took all of my isk away. That is completely on me, I knew the risks, etc, etc. But also it just means i'm even less likely to stay subbed and will stop playing when my sub runs out next month. But the fact still remains, they didn't start caring until they increased their monthly sub, everyone got upset, and it has become their last hope for keeping the game alive. I love seeing CCP scramble to find a justification for all of this while they do absolutely nothing with Eve Online but enforce RMT rules.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I said come in! posted:

lol looks like CCP is cracking down hard now on real money trading of ISK. I've been buying ISK through this method for years because it's significantly cheaper, and you get way more ISK. Last night though CCP gave me a warning and took all of my isk away. That is completely on me, I knew the risks, etc, etc. But also it just means i'm even less likely to stay subbed and will stop playing when my sub runs out next month. But the fact still remains, they didn't start caring until they increased their monthly sub, everyone got upset, and it has become their last hope for keeping the game alive. I love seeing CCP scramble to find a justification for all of this while they do absolutely nothing with Eve Online but enforce RMT rules.

When you say way cheaper? how much are we talking? Because the effort of saving 10 bucks a months dealing with shady 3rd parties seems... way too much effort and risk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sickening posted:

When you say way cheaper? how much are we talking? Because the effort of saving 10 bucks a months dealing with shady 3rd parties seems... way too much effort and risk.

1 billion ISK is about $5. g2g.com is the best place to go to for this stuff, but again, CCP is focusing all of their efforts now on cracking down on it where before they never cared.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I said come in! posted:

No judgement from me.

This does make me wonder about CCPs insistence that I link my game accounts. For which I seem to get no benefit at all.

If some Papis mass report me in chat for whatever and a GM just slaps a warning on me. Now my accounts are all linked under one warning instead of being separate.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Feliday Melody posted:

If some Papis mass report me in chat for whatever and a GM just slaps a warning on me. Now my accounts are all linked under one warning instead of being separate.
First they were like (ingame evemail):

quote:

Sent: 2021.02.24 21:41
To: Aedaxus,

Your character has been reported for making offensive comments in an in-game chat channel and our review of the logs has confirmed this. This is a breach of the EULA section 6.C, pertaining to our Terms of Service item 2.

This is an official warning to cease such actions immediately. We want to point out to our valued customers that repeated violations of our EULA will eventually lead to further action being taken against offending accounts, up to and including a termination of the license to access EVE Online. Please take the time and re-familiarize yourself with our policies here;

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/

Should you wish to contest this warning then you may file a support ticket directly from the EVE Online website:

http://community.eveonline.com/support/support-tickets/

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not receive a response from Customer Support; we may only deal with an issue arising from this matter via the support ticket system.

Best regards,
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online | EVE: Valkyrie

So I made a support call asking them to explain their case against my actions. And then they understood I did not break the rules and "expunged" my conviction of "Using words as a war crime against PAPI in local".

quote:

Hello Aedaxus, GM Driveshaft at your service.

Thank you for contacting EVE Online Player Experience. Please accept my apologies for this unusual delay in response, as we have seen an increase in requests lately and are doing our best to reach a solution for everyone in a timely manner.

This case was reviewed by our committee handling offensive content and harassment reports, and we have found that the decision in this particular matter may have been made with excessive haste and potentially in part by internal miscommunication. As such, I am happy to report that I have now retracted this warning.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this!

No, I'm fine. Only got one conviction from around 2007 where I bought some ISK :D Got a 3 day ban and they took the money. Which I spent... so when I could log back in, I had around - 1 billion ISK. And any fee like trade has to be paid before transaction so it was about a year of handicapped gameplay until I finally reached 0 ISK. :D

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

EVE 2022: Using Words as a War Crime Against PAPI in Local

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Huh, interesting. First company I've seen that actively hunts the customers in RMT. And I've bought ingame currency in a ton of games.

50% discount seems extremely low compared with a bunch of other games (and some EVE deals get close to $5/bil too fyi).

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Burt posted:

I mean i've already done this

several times

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

I said come in! posted:

1 billion ISK is about $5. g2g.com is the best place to go to for this stuff, but again, CCP is focusing all of their efforts now on cracking down on it where before they never cared.

Path of Exile CMs don't care... until they do, and then they just delete your account.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Aedaxus posted:

No, I'm fine. Only got one conviction from around 2007 where I bought some ISK :D Got a 3 day ban and they took the money. Which I spent... so when I could log back in, I had around - 1 billion ISK. And any fee like trade has to be paid before transaction so it was about a year of handicapped gameplay until I finally reached 0 ISK. :D

as someone who has gotten those 'official warnings' and 'bans' 'expunged' i was permanently banned for 'disproportionate use of server systems' on my first offense for creating a thousand alpha accounts, the vast majority of which i never had time to log into

they closed all appeals without comments

the 'expungements' mean nothing, they'll ban you whenever you make them look bad

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Barring objection, it is so ordered.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

creating a thousand alpha accounts

"Is it a Denial of Service attack or is Globby logging on?"

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Seditiar posted:

Huh, interesting. First company I've seen that actively hunts the customers in RMT. And I've bought ingame currency in a ton of games.

50% discount seems extremely low compared with a bunch of other games (and some EVE deals get close to $5/bil too fyi).

I bought in game currency when I played Fallen Earth. I assume they deducted the total amount of money from my characters because I had zero "chips" on all my characters afterwards. Mind you, that was a game where you bought fuel for your mount and ammo for your weapons, so I was pretty much unable to continue playing the game at that point and just quit. It wasn't a great game, but I was giving it a chance.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Feliday Melody posted:

I bought in game currency when I played Fallen Earth. I assume they deducted the total amount of money from my characters because I had zero "chips" on all my characters afterwards. Mind you, that was a game where you bought fuel for your mount and ammo for your weapons, so I was pretty much unable to continue playing the game at that point and just quit. It wasn't a great game, but I was giving it a chance.

You should have joined 1st Canyon Army in Fallen Earth, I would have given you all you needed. Our vaults were filled to the brim with ammo, food, buffs, etc. :D

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

as someone who has gotten those 'official warnings' and 'bans' 'expunged' i was permanently banned for 'disproportionate use of server systems' on my first offense for creating a thousand alpha accounts, the vast majority of which i never had time to log into

they closed all appeals without comments

the 'expungements' mean nothing, they'll ban you whenever you make them look bad
Yes, I understand and people came close to it in the old days where shooting a CONCORD NPC in 0.5 and above would spawn a certain amount of CONCORD forces, this was fine it it was a solo perp. However it was calculated 'per character in that fleet' thus we once almost crashed a node becuase someone asked "Can I shoot CONCORD?" and teh FC replies "Yes,... (then suddenly the game went into TiDi)... but wait untill you jumped to lowsec." Obviously the latter part of the message was too late. The FC was first banned but a few days later he was back as they investigated and it was 'an accident'. I'm sure they do keep records per account on violations, that's why they love for people to combine their accounts so they can take out everything linked to someone doing something bad. Hilmar learned a lot by talking to the Chinese government.

Blizzard isnt' CCP but I appealed my permaban (someone from Russia accessed my account -> account sharing) so I sent an appeal to the decision every year, after 3 years, I changed the reason for my appeal into the "time of sentence" was too long. Then I think about 5 years later Ithey accepted the use of Google Authenticator (not their product) and I appealed with a different reason, that now, I had the opportunity to secure my account whereas 5 years ago I could not due to financial limitations. Unbelievable but my perma ban was lifted and expunged. I got access to all the games I bought in the old days. Not that I wanted to play them anymore, for me it's more about the principle. You cannot punish people unreasonably hard and a convicted person has a right for reintegration. Either they believed my reasons or the cost of having to let my letters go through their juridical department each year cost them more than the risk I would pose playing the games. :D

CCP might be a tougher nut to crack but looking at your case, I would say give it a shot. Not sure exactly about the situation (it does sound very bad) but they do are in dire need of players and with a smart and tought out strategy you will have [edit] 'some of' your accounts reactivated, not all thousands offcourse. After all, you have nothing to lose. First of all, you could send a (diplomatic) letter with apologies and that you understand what you did was wrong and will not do it again. Then wait for the answer if it's good, hey, that was easy, if not, you can offer them bribes ( https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-developer-gets-sent-a-bag-of-dicks/ ) , but choose wisely and do not make it look like you want to bribe them! . Slowly work your way to them having some empathy for you. Use illusion, smoke and mirrors to make them think you are the next best thing EVE Online needs. Tell them how you keep in contact with the community, how you donated to "those in need". You made a mistake, got punished and you learned from it, you became... a better person, all thanks to CCP. There is no law stating you cannot deceive trying to get your account unbanned. Every company will need a different approach but time is on your side, you can win. Also see if you can get some intel on their business culture (from former CSM members) as I think it will be quite a different one than American or mainland European ones.

Aedaxus fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 15, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Aedaxus posted:

You should have joined 1st Canyon Army in Fallen Earth, I would have given you all you needed. Our vaults were filled to the brim with ammo, food, buffs, etc. :D

Yes, I understand and people came close to it in the old days where shooting a CONCORD NPC in 0.5 and above would spawn a certain amount of CONCORD forces, this was fine it it was a solo perp. However it was calculated 'per character in that fleet' thus we once almost crashed a node becuase someone asked "Can I shoot CONCORD?" and teh FC replies "Yes,... (then suddenly the game went into TiDi)... but wait untill you jumped to lowsec." Obviously the latter part of the message was too late. The FC was first banned but a few days later he was back as they investigated and it was 'an accident'. I'm sure they do keep records per account on violations, that's why they love for people to combine their accounts so they can take out everything linked to someone doing something bad. Hilmar learned a lot by talking to the Chinese government.

Blizzard isnt' CCP but I appealed my permaban (someone from Russia accessed my account -> account sharing) so I sent an appeal to the decision every year, after 3 years, I changed the reason for my appeal into the "time of sentence" was too long. Then I think about 5 years later Ithey accepted the use of Google Authenticator (not their product) and I appealed with a different reason, that now, I had the opportunity to secure my account whereas 5 years ago I could not due to financial limitations. Unbelievable but my perma ban was lifted and expunged. I got access to all the games I bought in the old days. Not that I wanted to play them anymore, for me it's more about the principle. You cannot punish people unreasonably hard and a convicted person has a right for reintegration. Either they believed my reasons or the cost of having to let my letters go through their juridical department each year cost them more than the risk I would pose playing the games. :D

CCP might be a tougher nut to crack but looking at your case, I would say give it a shot. Not sure exactly about the situation (it does sound very bad) but they do are in dire need of players and with a smart and tought out strategy you will have your accounts reactivated. After all, you have nothing to lose. First of all, you could send a (diplomatic) letter with apologies and that you understand what you did was wrong and will not do it again. Then wait for the answer if it's good, hey, that was easy, if not, you can offer them bribes ( https://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-developer-gets-sent-a-bag-of-dicks/ ) , but choose wisely and do not make it look like you want to bribe them! . Slowly work your way to them having some empathy for you. Use illusion, smoke and mirrors to make them think you are the next best thing EVE Online needs. Tell them how you keep in contact with the community, how you donated to "those in need". You made a mistake, got punished and you learned from it, you became... a better person, all thanks to CCP. There is no law stating you cannot deceive trying to get your account unbanned. Every company will need a different approach but time is on your side, you can win. Also see if you can get some intel on their business culture (from former CSM members) as I think it will be quite a different one than American or mainland European ones.

what the gently caress is this

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

TheWeedNumber posted:

what the gently caress is this

The account reactivator's manifesto.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Aedaxus posted:

The account reactivator's manifesto.

globby isn't banned now though right? He's talking about past bullshit.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Andohz posted:

Yeah but CCP shouldn't ban Globby for DoSing the PAPI superfleet with frigates. That's literally the fantasy that CCP tries to sell people when they talk about every ship mattering.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Aedaxus posted:

I think this was something like a month into the original release, haha.

I built hybrid bikes with vendor mats and sold them at a very small profit (you got xp from crafting)

I had a little fun, but not enough to start over after I lost all my money.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Andohz posted:

the latter. i'm quite literally the best player that this game has ever seen

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GaussianCopula posted:

Yeah but CCP shouldn't ban Globby for DoSing the PAPI superfleet with frigates. That's literally the fantasy that CCP tries to sell people when they talk about every ship mattering.

you meme but i am, 100% convinced, that had the papi fleet in m2- 2.0 landed on grid in a reasonable amount of time, they still wouldn't have killed anything because of the sheer number of burstjammers.

ccp's lovely servers robbed me of the ultimate title of 'guy who single handedly won the war against the enemies of goonkind' and 'guy who saved the goon treasury tens of trillions'

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > EVE 2022: Hilmar learned a lot by talking to the Chinese government

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

GaussianCopula posted:

Every ship mattering is OUR propaganda.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I'd like to echo the warm sentiments expressed in this 10k+ updog thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vd2itv/congratulations_to_furnok_dorn_on_his_csm/ in welcoming Furnok to his lifetime appointment in his new diplomatic position as the CSM Prime. And just in time for the abolishment of the traditional, but historically ineffective council system. Here's to sending the voice of Delta Sqad and the rest of Eve to Korea to make the game great again.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
congrats to furnok dorn for winning a seat on the CSM. he is the 2nd Delta Sqad CSM

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Preach it, honestly it's just so inspiring seeing these proud Delta pedigree holders get sworn in back-to-back into the office to continue their ideological crusade against PA's gacha-poisoned shareholders and the censorship of corp mail. It's just amazeballs to also have so many non-goon factions like Jita scammers, Frat super botters, Xenuria, every evicted buttholer ever, and even the Papi pubbie rental farm temporarily lay down their arms and put their collective trust behind a Delta Sqad candidate that clearly has all the right ideas. He'll no doubt share what's really on all these players' minds once he lands in PA's Pyonyang HQ and give us all the discount we deserve. Once again Furnok, congratulationd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
/etc/init.d/congratulationd