Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I hope we can snipe the spawners for update 6. I don't like how right now you can shoot them from a distance but they still spawn their 3 flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress spiders. Whenever we need to build in the red forest I have my brother do it all.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just build everything on floating platforms and come to the surface only to build resource extractors.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Leal posted:

gently caress spiders. Whenever we need to build in the red forest I have my brother do it all.

Spiders are the best designed enemy in the game because lmao hearing that skittering sound puts me on such high alert, it’s crazy. But:

priznat posted:

Just build everything on floating platforms and come to the surface only to build resource extractors.

:hmmyes:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

They removed the weird floating oil balloons from the oil nodes south of Spire Coast.

This is unforgivable. I even named that train stop Petrofleur

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Oxyclean posted:

I hope we can snipe the spawners for update 6. I don't like how right now you can shoot them from a distance but they still spawn their 3 flies.

Maybe do it so explosives kill it with no spawn. That would be a good reason to carry the new explosive bolt.

The way the alien pod thing looks, I'm betting that it will be difficult to snipe because the "petals" will be armor. So like you'll need to hit it when the pod is open.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Do you wipe and restart every time a major update comes out? I've been playing 7 Days To Die for years now, and actually look forward to starting over. Without fail, the first half of every survival / sandbox game is my favorite part.

I can understand not wanting to start new on a game as sophisticated as this, just wanted to hear what you do.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I start fresh every time but the last update I cheated in a few stacks of concrete.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I've had the thing where buildings become blindingly bright for whatever reason, I think you can get rid of that by switching between DX11/12/Vulkan. Probably one of the more alarming bugs, it looks like something that would start happening if your graphics card was dying.

Swapping to DX12 seems to have stopped it. In other odd bugs news I've never seen this before:

That red bit in the center is a 2D gif of fire on a few seconds loop. It's only visible from above, can't see it from ground level.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

uPen posted:

Swapping to DX12 seems to have stopped it. In other odd bugs news I've never seen this before:

That red bit in the center is a 2D gif of fire on a few seconds loop. It's only visible from above, can't see it from ground level.

It's the flame effect from the top of a smelter/foundry. Sometimes it gets disconnected from the building and floats in the air, presumably when dismantling a smelter/foundry which was previously in that location. Been a while since I've seen it but it's happened to me once or twice before.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Yeah it's from a building you deleted. It'll go away with a reload.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts

neato burrito posted:

Do you wipe and restart every time a major update comes out? I've been playing 7 Days To Die for years now, and actually look forward to starting over. Without fail, the first half of every survival / sandbox game is my favorite part.

I can understand not wanting to start new on a game as sophisticated as this, just wanted to hear what you do.

I usually start a fresh save, then copy over my favorite buildings from previous saves using the map editor once I'm ready to hook them up.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

neato burrito posted:

I've never restarted other than to start a new game for just myself after playing a co-op save through tier 7 with a friend.

I don't really want to restart for the new update, but I also have a fair amount of infrastructure in the canyon & spire coast. I'm getting worried that the redesign to those areas will make me unhappy with those builds. Also I have a bunch of builds that I'm kinda dissatisfied with anyways since U5, because I could do them so much better with the new cosmetics.

However, I don't think that the first half of Satisfactory is the fun half. IMO, once you've done it the first time, the stuff up to the first elevator shipment is kinda lame. It's extended tutorial, any fun is from speedrun or sequence-breaking the MAM. It's the middle half that's the most naturally fun.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A restart is a chance to rebuild better and not make the mistakes you did last time, a chance to make fresh and new mistakes instead.

I restart each time but I cheat in a handful of hard drive recipes because trusting RNG to give you the casted screws alt recipe is the least fun part of the early game.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

You can also just move and start a new base somewhere else, with all the unlocks and convivences you have. If you want to do progression again, you can wipe that using the online map viewer/editor.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Release video scheduled for 5am tomorrow. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bo0pjYghk

"Join us as we count down to the release of Update 6 on Experimental! We'll hang out with a couple of folks from Coffee Stain and check out the current state of the game. Update 6 drops somewhere around 5pm CEST"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone know what the process for doing experimental on a dedicated server (steam) looks like? Really tempted to hop on the experimental rather then waiting for it to go full release like I usually do, but have no idea if it's going to be a hassle with how I have my dedicated set up.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's just a matter of switching the tag from public to beta or whatever in the command line or gui, whichever you use

Ofc I don't know how you can run 2 concurrent servers.... I had Issues trying to install from steamcmd anonymously

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
:siren: Update 6 release stream is going live. :siren:

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Experimental is out on Steam!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

And Epic Game Store now!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Patch Notes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SatisfactoryGame/comments/vc5f1h/patch_notes_early_access_experimental_v0600_build/

Something small I'm very happy to see:

quote:

Pioneer health now regenerates to full over time

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Of course when I load my save file my power grid poops out lol, the curse of going a couple updates without doing any maintenance.

I can’t even remember where on the map I have my power plants.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I hope there's a way to skip the update, because there's nothing in it for me, I play using a peaceful mod.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also was rain added in a previous update because it started raining while I was in there and it looked fantastic, I love it.

Any other weather effects?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mayveena posted:

I hope there's a way to skip the update, because there's nothing in it for me, I play using a peaceful mod.

Really? Here are the things I am excited for, even as a new player (<250 hours)

• Added additional equipment slots for the Pioneer: Head, Back, and Legs
  • Hold R with the weapon equipped to open the selection wheel
  • Added holster functionality for the currently equipped Hand Slot
  • Overhauled equipment HUD to fit all those additional equipment
  • Added HUD feedback for scrolling through Hand Slots
  • Consumables now prioritise stacking with Hand Slots when picked up
  • Double clicking equipment in the inventory now equips it to the first empty slot if available and otherwise replaces the currently active equipment
  • Reworked Chainsaw audio
  • New lighting and fog setup
  • Added new music
  • Added dynamic clouds and rainy weather
  • Updated night sky visuals
  • Increased the Map window size significantly
  • The Map is now unlocked in the Tier 1 – Field Research milestone
  • Changed all MAM research to complete within 3 seconds
  • The Polyester Fabric alternative recipes is now available in the MAM Mycelia research tree
  • The Compacted Coal and Turbo Fuel alternative recipes are now available in the MAM Sulfur research tree
  • Added an additional Hand Slot +1 unlock in the Mycelia research tree
  • Players can now hold E to collect foliage
  • AWESOME Shop unlocks with unlock prerequisites are now always visible and display their prerequisites
  • Added feedback to MAM research and HUB Milestones that unlock AWESOME Shop unlocks prerequisites
  • Recipes in the Codex can now be expanded to show the same information that is available in buildings
  • Sign settings now have a revert button instead of a save button, and save automatically on closing the settings
  • Resource node icons on the compass now distinguish between occupied and unoccupied nodes
  • Radar Tower shows resource node locations in radius on the map and if they are in use or not
  • Pioneer health now regenerates to full over time

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mayveena posted:

It's going to be in Experimental for a good long time so there'll have been plenty of time for mods to update by the time it comes to the main branch.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Otacon posted:

Really? Here are the things I am excited for, even as a new player (<250 hours)

• Added additional equipment slots for the Pioneer: Head, Back, and Legs
  • Hold R with the weapon equipped to open the selection wheel
  • Added holster functionality for the currently equipped Hand Slot
  • Overhauled equipment HUD to fit all those additional equipment
  • Added HUD feedback for scrolling through Hand Slots
  • Consumables now prioritise stacking with Hand Slots when picked up
  • Double clicking equipment in the inventory now equips it to the first empty slot if available and otherwise replaces the currently active equipment
  • Reworked Chainsaw audio
  • New lighting and fog setup
  • Added new music
  • Added dynamic clouds and rainy weather
  • Updated night sky visuals
  • Increased the Map window size significantly
  • The Map is now unlocked in the Tier 1 – Field Research milestone
  • Changed all MAM research to complete within 3 seconds
  • The Polyester Fabric alternative recipes is now available in the MAM Mycelia research tree
  • The Compacted Coal and Turbo Fuel alternative recipes are now available in the MAM Sulfur research tree
  • Added an additional Hand Slot +1 unlock in the Mycelia research tree
  • Players can now hold E to collect foliage
  • AWESOME Shop unlocks with unlock prerequisites are now always visible and display their prerequisites
  • Added feedback to MAM research and HUB Milestones that unlock AWESOME Shop unlocks prerequisites
  • Recipes in the Codex can now be expanded to show the same information that is available in buildings
  • Sign settings now have a revert button instead of a save button, and save automatically on closing the settings
  • Resource node icons on the compass now distinguish between occupied and unoccupied nodes
  • Radar Tower shows resource node locations in radius on the map and if they are in use or not
  • Pioneer health now regenerates to full over time

Thanks. None of that is enough to make me want to update however. Hopefully the peaceful mod will be able to be updated and still work. I do wish they'd implement a peaceful mode, that would be the best answer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just encasing those angry bees in a greenhouse so you can watch them slam against the window sounds like a good option imo.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’m on board with all of those changes, though “all MAM research takes 3 seconds” makes me wonder the point is of having it take any time at all

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Mayveena posted:

Thanks. None of that is enough to make me want to update however. Hopefully the peaceful mod will be able to be updated and still work. I do wish they'd implement a peaceful mode, that would be the best answer.

They likely will eventually. I guess this is one of the downsides of an early access title.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

teacup posted:

They likely will eventually. I guess this is one of the downsides of an early access title.

What's irritating (to me at least) is that Factorio always had a peaceful mode, even on itch.io. And the peaceful mod doesn't seem that hard? So why not a peaceful mode now? Maybe they'll have a total sandbox mode and put it in there? But that's not what I'd want. We'll see.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mayveena posted:

What's irritating (to me at least) is that Factorio always had a peaceful mode, even on itch.io. And the peaceful mod doesn't seem that hard? So why not a peaceful mode now? Maybe they'll have a total sandbox mode and put it in there? But that's not what I'd want. We'll see.

The reason they've given in the past is that they want people playing the same version of the game during Early Access so they can monitor responses and balance accordingly. I guess part of that is seeing how many people dislike enemies/combat completely, but it's like 3 years into EA at this point and people have been asking for a peaceful mode the whole time. Surely the programming behind it can't be much more difficult than changing some "enemies = no" line of code somewhere, it should just be added as an option in the menu somewhere.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Do empty drop pods still show up on the radar thingy?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mayveena posted:

The update is only on Experimental, and by the time it is on the standard branch will have mod support (or shortly after).

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I do hope everyone enjoys the update. What are folks most looking forward to?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Mayveena posted:

I do hope everyone enjoys the update. What are folks most looking forward to?

I keep restarting, playing a bit and never getting past like, computer chips so I’m looking forward to maybe looking at the new zone and making a play to keep going there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mayveena posted:

I'm certain Factorio didn't have a peaceful mode in the beginning. I remember people talking about how to mess around with spawn settings to remove enemies, and they didn't have spawn settings to begin with either.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A peaceful mode in Factorio made sense to be implemented early because enemies in that game are proactive and actively assault your base. In this game once you clear out and start building enemies stop spawning around you and enemies become traversal hazards. I think more options to ease traversal would be a good thing so bring on a peaceful mode, but I can also see why it isn't a priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

in factorio the hostile wildlife will gradually expand until everything outside your base is a sea of bugs and just exploring for a new oil well means wading knee-deep in the dead the whole way. in satisfactory if that one spitter thing at the mineral deposit kills you you respawn and run back and whack it with the taser one more time. the hostile wildlife that is there seems like more of a vestigial remnant of some earlier plan to have the default gameplay be actually non-peaceful

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 14, 2022