Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

VideoKid posted:

is “I like looking like an idiot” not a legal reason?

It is my legal justification for posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

who else is screaming at Daddy T today

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Imagine how boring that job would be. Like, you're just sniping in the woods. But how often does anyone ever try to run? Jeez. You'd get bored outta your gourd

I assume she was lying to scare the victim but they probably do have armed guards and cameras

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Weirdly in Kansas open carry swords and machetes / knives of any length are legal but blackjacks, brass knuckles, and billy clubs are illegal. Also throwing stars are illegal.

Substandard has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Jun 14, 2022

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Dustcat posted:

who else is screaming at Daddy T today

*raises paw*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i'm sorry, does this look like something an idiot would add to their EDC?

Why don't you post the rest of your EDC?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lpzie posted:

i saw a video where a guy was learning how farm equipment works and interviewing farmers and the farmer pointed a laser at the inside of a silo for whatever reason, the humidity or something, and the interviewer had his mind blown and said farmers are the smartest ppl i nthe world. ... when im in the booth write-in TRUMP that's who i think about. the real geniuse of the world

I was once trained to transport and use a nuclear hydroprobe, which, while sounding very fancy, can be summed up as "stay away from probe when not using it. To use, put probe in hole and press button. Write down number on screen"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
most katanas are legal but you can't use a hanzo made one

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

i don't see what that has to do with overly commercialized rave festivals but okay

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Substandard posted:

It's apparently legal in Kansas and swords are not classified as weapons, although I've never seen anyone with a sweet Highlander sword or anything.

Open carrying a sword would be so funny because someone would just come up with a gun and say "give me the sword, dumbass"
Or a cop would just shoot you

Same result, really. You lose your sword. Unless you're such a skilled swordsperson that mere guns cannot stop you

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Virgil Vox posted:

i don't see what that has to do with overly commercialized rave festivals but okay

Zing!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Hatebag posted:

Open carrying a sword would be so funny because someone would just come up with a gun and say "give me the sword, dumbass"

Same result, really. You lose your sword. Unless you're such a skilled swordsperson that mere guns cannot stop you

does someone have the gif where the samurai guy splits the bullet in two with his blade?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
katanas are overrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvIhxYXWIE

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

your DEX is nowhere near high enough to wield this effectively, get real

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

very nice to know, ty sir

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I hate the numbering on this ruler! Make it go away!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Does this mean you can't lock a bike to a street sign in la?

believe it or not you can't lock a bike to a street sign in NYC, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. you have to use one of those dedicated bike lockin' up things or I guess like maybe a fence or something

Apr 7, 2003

this guy rules

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

sorry i only use full tang

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/azds/status/1536718874611175424?s=21&t=NHC9YLl82Mgqy-C75NygJQ

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Hatebag posted:

If they come up to you to take your sword they are well within sword range, I think.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

tang

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I worked at americas largest water park and the lifeguards one summer running a certain slide had a betting pool for who could get the heaviest person thru the slide without getting stuck.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/depthsofwiki/status/1536802624602836992

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

just means your iaijutsu was weak....

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Swords are faster than guns if anime has taught me anything

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
No one has ever hacked up an elementary school with a sword. I think we should ban all guns and switch over to exclusively edged weapons.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Found a meme, so named because gen z is all "me me me"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

believe it or not you can't lock a bike to a street sign in NYC, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. you have to use one of those dedicated bike lockin' up things or I guess like maybe a fence or something

At least they have bike racks in nyc. I was cruising around la on google maps after i wrote that comment because i didn't remember seeing any bike racks in la. It took me like 5 minutes to find one of those bike rental racks that automatically lock the bikes in and next to it they had some mini bike racks that are just one inverted metal u shape so pretty much 1 or 2 bikes can lock onto it
It's crazy that car culture is so fundamentally enmeshed into la because it would be so nice to ride bikes all day in la weather

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1536792584911306754?cxt=HHwWhIC-0dat5NMqAAAA

So weird how Twitter isn’t doing anything about it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

when i was a kid magic mountain's colossus flung a fat lady off the top to her death and they closed the ride for a while to revamp the t-bars and come up with body size limitations beyond ride height
my last time to the park i saw them bounce some fat kid from a coaster for this reason in front of the whole station boarding line it was so humiliating but i guess better than letting fatties get flung off
rides cause they're so far outside the range of human form factor that safety features no longer work

Apr 7, 2003

AxGrap posted:

Swords are faster than guns if anime has taught me anything

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Substandard posted:

If they come up to you to take your sword they are well within sword range, I think.

You can point a gun at someone from outside of sword range. The bullets leave the barrel and go a little ways

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Trump

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Remembering during this when these guys were dancing around w/swords and Steve Bannon looking incredibly frightened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

where I come from this is just good seasoning