Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst thing about june
This poll is closed.
that god drat terrible glass animals song that 41 11.05%
only 30 days in which to trumo 75 20.22%
too hot 90 24.26%
amerikkka still exists 165 44.47%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AxGrap posted:

Swords are faster than guns if anime has taught me anything

they are in a lot of ways, but only at close range

there are too many variables that makes the most uninformed person circlejerk debate about it though

a skilled HEMA swordsman can wreck a gunman fumbling to pull out his holster with a high guard, if the high guard posture is correct and not overly elaborate with the sword at your back like a loving moron, your counter is going to cleave with the most force possible. I say high guard because it has the most downward force and will cleave a poor motherfucker in half.

but its too technical, meaning you have to be correct 100% of the time in your postures and movement, the gunman only has to pull his finger to pray and win to be lucky once. A lot of people who attempt to practice it are cringe-geralt wannabes so guns are easy which is why idiots cling to them to feel powerful with a shortcut.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 21:20 on Jun 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Around here the most common street assault is to hide between parked cars or in the mouth of an alley and wait for someone to walk by then pop out and point a gun at their back and say "i am pointing a gun at you now give me things"
Your swords won't stand a chance!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

You can't do that here

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sweet street sword

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i'm so sad we only got through 2 out of 9 of the hearings before the clowns in congress dropped the ball

we was robbed of content, nvr 4get

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Substandard posted:

No one has ever hacked up an elementary school with a sword. I think we should ban all guns and switch over to exclusively edged weapons.

https://twitter.com/6NewsAU/status/1268425550730637312

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1387440150830014466

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Man, America sure is a big ol pile of poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i would simply use my sword to deflect the bullets like John Sekiro

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Thoatse posted:

when i was a kid magic mountain's colossus flung a fat lady off the top to her death and they closed the ride for a while to revamp the t-bars and come up with body size limitations beyond ride height
my last time to the park i saw them bounce some fat kid from a coaster for this reason in front of the whole station boarding line it was so humiliating but i guess better than letting fatties get flung off
rides cause they're so far outside the range of human form factor that safety features no longer work

I feel like this is a metaphor for the American healthcare system but I'm not 100% sure

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
staffs will do more for you than a sword, they are a lot more versatile and 99% of idiot americans won't know how to counter one, let alone a tyrant cop

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Man Musk posted:

i'm so sad we only got through 2 out of 9 of the hearings before the clowns in congress dropped the ball

we was robbed of content, nvr 4get

how'd they gently caress it up?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Eventually someone was bound to take "how many 5 year olds can you fight?" seriously

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

they are in a lot of ways, but only at close range

there are too many variables that makes the most uninformed person circlejerk debate about it though

a skilled HEMA swordsman can wreck a gunman fumbling to pull out his holster with a high guard, if the high guard posture is correct and not overly elaborate with the sword at your back like a loving moron, your counter is going to cleave with the most force possible

but its too technical, meaning you have to be correct 100% of the time in your postures and movement, the gunman only has to pull his finger to pray and win to be lucky once. A lot of people who attempt to practice it are cringe-geralt wannabes so guns are easy which is why idiots cling to them to feel powerful with a shortcut.

The sword expert has logged on

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

how'd they gently caress it up?

Guess how many times they mentioned taser balls.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lastgirl posted:

staffs will do more for you than a sword, they are a lot more versatile and 99% of idiot americans won't know how to counter one, let alone a tyrant cop

You been up all night watching sword videos on youtube again?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lastgirl posted:

a quarterstaff will leave you defenseless in the face of a school shooter wielding a danish bearded axe

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

goth smoking cloves posted:

The sword expert has logged on

luke, use the high guard

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Thoatse posted:

when i was a kid magic mountain's colossus flung a fat lady off the top to her death and they closed the ride for a while to revamp the t-bars and come up with body size limitations beyond ride height
my last time to the park i saw them bounce some fat kid from a coaster for this reason in front of the whole station boarding line it was so humiliating but i guess better than letting fatties get flung off
rides cause they're so far outside the range of human form factor that safety features no longer work

As a fat boy in high school i went on a rollercoaster called the mind eraser and my belly was too plump or something so the harness popped out immediately after starting and it was one of those ones where you're in a dangling harness so your feet are free and then it also had the magnetic launcher thing so when that shot off so did my harness and i had to hold the harness down as i went through all the crazy loops and poo poo
Best rollercoaster ride of my life! Hell of a thrill!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Taco Duck posted:

Man, America sure is a big ol pile of poo poo

That's why you need a sword

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1536798374883729408?cxt=HHwWgIC9pdn-5tMqAAAA

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Filthy Hans posted:

a quarterstaff will leave you defenseless in the face of a school shooter wielding a danish bearded axe

all the scenarios possible, we've ran it and this is the perfect one to render staffs useless

99 out of 100 scenarios, the staff loses!!!

i also registered PSI detector to apply RPG stats to them

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Opening my limited collectors edition Taco Bell Ramen and adding boiling water.

2 minutes later I set down my gunblade(renaissance fair katana with a gun duct taped to its handle)

"Ita-dorky-Mas" I briefly pray before separating my Taki chopsticks and begin my feast.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
she's under daddy musk's protection
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1536531570613334016

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

a billion people and there wasn’t a good guy with a knife around?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the guard with a knife knew martial arts compared to a fat waddling americop who can't juggle his walkie, a donut, and a gun and piss his pants at the same time at the sound of gunfire

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

in this economy, if you see a dog in a car in a parking lot, you are morally obligated to break the window and turn the car off

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
y'all talking swords and not busting out the classics, some shameful poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

holy poo poo

14y/o 383lbs at 6ft tall

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

just absolutely going to town on a cop with my bo staff

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

That's why you need a sword

Funny you should say that, I found one on the ground the other day on the sidewalk. Normal country.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the uvalde cops couldn't use their walkies because their piss soaked pants shorted it on the holster

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

calling it out now, these two are going to hook up.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

Around here the most common street assault is to hide between parked cars or in the mouth of an alley and wait for someone to walk by then pop out and point a gun at their back and say "i am pointing a gun at you now give me things"
Your swords won't stand a chance!

you sure know a lot about crimes....

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

livin the dream :hellyeah:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlJX4Rj_WU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
If I was near a school shooting I would turn my hat backwards and smoke a cigarette and go up to the shooter like "school sucks huh" and make friends with him and he would stop. Similar situation with a school swordman, but with them I'd talk about Ruroni Kenshin.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Is this from star trek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i prefer the claymore. great attack patterns and low base stat requirements