Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

it's hosed up that advance wars isn't out yet

The game is completely finished too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Man is this one of the most insanely loving stupid things that people will repeat blindly.

Sure, bud.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Modern Warfare 2 is going to come out first and half the settings are slavic battlefronts

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
They should just change Olaf into a Santa Claus knock off like in the original Japanese version.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Augus posted:

I hope Bayonetta 3 fixes the thing 2 did where Bayo felt really weak outside of witch time/umbran climax and enemies would constantly interrupt your combos and refuse to let you juggle them

I think the point was to dodge a lot using the “hold” button to continue your combo between dodges

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are amazing games but honestly I feel like Bayo 3 will suffer a bit being on switch

DMC5 is so so good and looked incredible even on ps4 and I have to reiterate, is so good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bayonetta 2 was on the wii u i think bayonetta 3 will be fine

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bayonetta 2 was on the wii u i think bayonetta 3 will be fine

DMC5 didn’t exist yet

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Only just realised that my switch can now connect to my Bluetooth headset. So weird that they didn't have that at release - I was told the switch Bluetooth wasn't strong enough but lol? Nice bonus I guess.

I was thinking of buying a 8BitDo Pro 2 controller to use for both Switch and PC games. Will it work with my switch out of the box, or do I need that USB adaptor?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It works with the Switch outta the box, but please note that like most (all?) third part controllers, you can't use it to turn the console on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This is probably an odd thing to ask, but I just subbed to Nintendo Switch Online and saw there are profile icons you can buy with platinum points. Was I able to do that before I subbed or is that exclusive to NSO? Also, have there been Metroid Dread icons I missed out on? :ohdear:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Bleck posted:

It works with the Switch outta the box, but please note that like most (all?) third part controllers, you can't use it to turn the console on.

Wait are you saying I might have to get off the couch?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

teagone posted:

This is probably an odd thing to ask, but I just subbed to Nintendo Switch Online and saw there are profile icons you can buy with platinum points. Was I able to do that before I subbed or is that exclusive to NSO? Also, have there been Metroid Dread icons I missed out on? :ohdear:

they added it recently, idk about metroid dread icons but the animal crossing ones are being phased in and out based on what month their birthdays are in (waiting for cranston)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Red Rox posted:

Just keep a joy con nearby. Or just keep it in sleep mode, since pressing the Home button on any controller wakes it up.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Red Rox posted:

I'm sorry, friend. The future we dream of is not yet here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dr.acula posted:

Modern Warfare 2 is going to come out first and half the settings are slavic battlefronts

it’s gonna own. CoD FTW

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DMC5 didn’t exist yet

The best character action game of all time (God Hand) was on the PS2 so I think it’ll be ok

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
God Hand the goat

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

flavor.flv posted:

Well that looks considerably less insane than the original, still doesn't look like a good controller though
Yeah rip the original insane dual d-pad buttons Buttons BUTTONS controller

:psyduck:

Which, all things considered, was actually a decent compact travel controller, unlike 8bitdo's mini controller which was just too drat small

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are amazing games but honestly I feel like Bayo 3 will suffer a bit being on switch

DMC5 is so so good and looked incredible even on ps4 and I have to reiterate, is so good

Platinum making Bayo 2 look as good as it did, in 60FPS, was really drat cool so I'm not too worried. DMC5 was made with what is possibly currently one of the best game engines so it's a steep act to follow for a character action game.

There were quite a few games that I was happy escaped the Switch exclusivity though---Dameon x Machina being one of them, and NMH3 was the other I hoped would be released elsewhere. Some of those games just run like rear end and really struggle.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I don't understand the point of using another controller with the switch lite but it's cool that the colors match I guess

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

I have realized I would trade the current Nintendo online games for a nice collection of GBA titles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8BitDo are the poo poo. Using my SF30 Pro right now to play KOTOR 2 :cheers:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nrook posted:

The best character action game of all time (God Hand) was on the PS2 so I think it’ll be ok

god hand owned

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I would bet a small amount of money that Advance Wars is gonna be a “surprise drop” at the next direct. It’s all done and this saves them from having to advertise much for it plus the people who want it at launch will be paying attention and go get it right away.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
No word if Shredder's Revenge has crossplay. Come on guys, don't gently caress it up

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

advance wars isn't an rts though

Time is relative

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

WHY BONER NOW posted:

No word if Shredder's Revenge has crossplay. Come on guys, don't gently caress it up
Only between Steam/Windows/Xbox. They’re looking into allowing more but it’s pretty unlikely given the precedent.

https://twitter.com/jfmaj0r/status/1535623980404641792?s=21&t=Poe0b9o6Mdbxs50rm6P8Yg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Altus_West/status/1536727176002822146

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nice

E: wait, fuk you

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

American McGay posted:

Only between Steam/Windows/Xbox. They’re looking into allowing more but it’s pretty unlikely given the precedent.

https://twitter.com/jfmaj0r/status/1535623980404641792?s=21&t=Poe0b9o6Mdbxs50rm6P8Yg

Argh :negative:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Finally Persona 5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

holy poo poo

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
gently caress. You got me. I was super stoked at first.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WAIT gently caress I THOUGHT IT WAS LEGIT TOO BECAUSE I DIDNT WATCH THE VIDEO

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Well now I'm holding out hope for an announcement during the inevitable "E3" direct coming....sometime?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I loving punked myself is a new low for me and I didn't even realize that was possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Official ATLUS West 7️⃣