Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't get how Renner has a career. Does he have pictures of someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't get how Renner has a career. Does he have pictures of someone.

He's got an app

The Jeremiah Renner Experience

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DaysBefore posted:

In(the)land(fill) Empire

is this anything?

Bad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Surely we're getting content today right?

I mean, we've been good

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I can't possibly see how this can compete with the Pauly Shore film.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Endless Trash posted:

Squid Game minus people dying = just another game show. This isn’t weird.

The Queen’s Gambit chess-based board game was weird.

Oh god you weren’t making a joke it’s real what the gently caress

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

And how do The Whills fit into this wonderful Star Wars Universe?

the whills are extradimensional entities that communicate with the midichlorians via harmonic vibratory action

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh god you weren’t making a joke it’s real what the gently caress

What the gently caress I thought it was a joke too

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Going by the website they won't murder you if you fail. What's the point then

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Endless Trash posted:

Squid Game minus people dying = just another game show. This isn’t weird.

The Queen’s Gambit chess-based board game was weird.

jfc

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
As stupid as it is, I at least give them a little credit for not taking the easy way out of “logo on chess set”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That part where she loses like $100 $10 at a time playing really fast chess against the cowboy hat doofus. They shoulda made the board game like that. That looked fun.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, we've been good

The 9 pages of completely serious star war chat says otherwise

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It would be embarrassing for the boys to drop their episodes 1-4 review right after the 5th one comes out. So that's probably what will happen, content tomorrow at the soonest

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Shows I would like to see the boys review/recap:

- The Boys
- Strange New Worlds
- Evil

That's basically it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

sure okay posted:

I also think it's utterly bizarre KK retconned Rey's parents. What was wrong with them being trash nobodies? It made her story more authentic.

Giving her Sidious blood to wrestle with reinforces the lineage aspect of how force powers come about which I always found vaguely racist. No one just "gets" force powers, you have to have it in your bloodline. It really isn't about being in tune with/antagonistic towards the balance of the universe, but rather having some or a lot of one of the Chosen bloodlines running in your veins.

It's always a lol when people struggle to understand why modern massive Hollywood properties always end up focusing on tiny groups of people who are all related or know each other and are handed massive amounts of power from their parents while being incompetent, emotionally stunted worthless dorks who don't deserve anything.

The original star wars was about a wide eyed kid with a bit of natural talent leaving a small town and finding himself in the middle of a massive situation beyond his control using every last bit of his talent to battle his way to success and only getting their thanks to some very skilled collaborators - literally the George Lucas story.

Modern star wars is about making sure there's enough Disney adults who think classism is devinely ordained and socially justified so that the Alex Kurtzmans of the world aren't hung from lamp posts.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If they are making the Squid Game reality game how come they are not making the Birdbox game show.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yet again, Bond is better in a cinema. Man with the Golden Gun?
more like Man with the Olden Fun (me watching this old rear end movie)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's always a lol when people struggle to understand why modern massive Hollywood properties always end up focusing on tiny groups of people who are all related or know each other and are handed massive amounts of power from their parents while being incompetent, emotionally stunted worthless dorks who don't deserve anything.

The original star wars was about a wide eyed kid with a bit of natural talent leaving a small town and finding himself in the middle of a massive situation beyond his control using every last bit of his talent to battle his way to success and only getting their thanks to some very skilled collaborators - literally the George Lucas story.

Modern star wars is about making sure there's enough Disney adults who think classism is devinely ordained and socially justified so that the Alex Kurtzmans of the world aren't hung from lamp posts.

:lol:

Holy poo poo I thought the same thing about that stupid poo poo

I was like "the Force is Blue bloods now? Okay Hollywood sure"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yet again, Bond is better in a cinema. Man with the Golden Gun?
more like Man with the Olden Fun (me watching this old rear end movie)

Christopher Lee is still the GOAT despite it being a subpar Bond film.

Also I love the MI6 base on the shipwreck.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

this is one of the reasons why i dislike the force as it is since like the PT

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

Christopher Lee is still the GOAT despite it being a subpar Bond film.

Also I love the MI6 base on the shipwreck.

I think I just have a massive affinity for the Moore stuff because it was probably the first Bond films I saw when they were on TV. I remember finding it not great when I watched it at home a few months back but a cinema really does make it special.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think I just have a massive affinity for the Moore stuff because it was probably the first Bond films I saw when they were on TV. I remember finding it not great when I watched it at home a few months back but a cinema really does make it special.

People drag the Moore films but I like them too for the same reasons, and plus Moore looks like actually is having fun most of the time. He gets that it’s silly stuff and enjoys playing along. Plus he always seemed like a very charming fellow.

Colin from Canada was talking about Bond movies on their recent podcast (they discussed Die Another Day) and how Moore was kinda grossed out by the age difference for the lead Bond girl on View to a Kill (Tanya Roberts) and decided to pack it in partly because of that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love Moore, he never phoned it in. I watched him in The Quest and North Sea Hijack recently and he was giving it socks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

Shows I would like to see the boys review/recap:

- The Boys
- Strange New Worlds
- Evil

That's basically it.
I feel like Picard S2 has ruined Star Trek permanently for Mike

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What most adult fans of star wars fail to realize is that star wars is a steamer basket full of hot, wet dog poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I shant be watching the Boys until it's all out I loving hate that streaming sites are doing the weekly poo poo again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
imagine caring about either star ____ franchise at this point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

imagine caring about either star ____ franchise at this point

Star Gate fans stay winning

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Star Search knew when to gently caress off at least

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Star Wars KOTOR 2 just came out on Nintendo switch and it’s really good. The good Star Wars

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
ship Troopers > Gate > dust > man > crash > Search > Knight > Wars > Trek > Odyssey > Games

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The receptionist at the eye doctor complimented me on my chewbacca tank top and asked if the shirt means im a star trek fan.

Several minutes ticked by in silence, when I got up from my seat, approached the receptionist and punched him in the face, knocking him off the platform and out cold. I simply went back to my seat.

The receptionist came to, visibly shaken and asked me, "What the heck did you do that for?!"

I said, "God was busy protecting America's military who are out protecting your right to say stupid poo poo like that, so he sent me to fill in."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

The Anime Liker posted:

ship Troopers > Gate > dust > man > crash > Search > Knight > Wars > Trek > Odyssey > Games

you forgot dust Brothers, Legend of the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqdJF0o9LPg

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kingo Ligma posted:

:hmmyes: it's true

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I shant be watching the Boys until it's all out I loving hate that streaming sites are doing the weekly poo poo again.

I like it, it gives me something to look forward to every week in my sad life :sigh:

The Anime Liker posted:

WorldStar!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/asovietonion/status/1536375850979012610?s=21&t=qJij06yBiSJjU_7lva97AA

Non-0 chance this is a goon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Some kind of TFR/CSPAM hybrid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wish I could send that to the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, we've been good

Have we tho?