Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

I would like to buy some bitcoin, do I just post my credit card and bank details in the thread or?

Sorry that you're having trouble, I'm from the metamask support team, please fill out this Google doc with information about your account and I will see how I can help you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

such a friendly and helpful community

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You know you can just embed the original, right?

Yes, I know. But some people (me) have twitter embeds off because it makes reading the forums crappy, especially on awful.app

And I have a screenshot app that can upload to imgur with 2 clicks. If me spending 10 seconds can make the world a better place by not embedding yet another 2.5mb of twitter's scripts into a post, why wouldn't I?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klyith posted:

Yes, I know. But some people (me) have twitter embeds off because it makes reading the forums crappy, especially on awful.app

And I have a screenshot app that can upload to imgur with 2 clicks. If me spending 10 seconds can make the world a better place by not embedding yet another 2.5mb of twitter's scripts into a post, why wouldn't I?

I appreciate it

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Mozi posted:

ok folks it look bad but what we see developing now is the classic 'golden arches' pattern. if you look for similar cases in the date range from 2007-2013 between March and April over 50% of the time they end up increasing over the following week or week after. so stay calm!

It's the "golden arches" pattern because you end up working at McDonald's.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Screenshotting tweets is also a good idea if it is something extra stupid in case the person deletes it. That one wasn’t but also a good idea to ss regardless .

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

PhazonLink posted:

what if the head and shoulders pattern is a koch head and shoulders pattern and its a fractal that means emmmmmmm perimeter is inf and that means it takes forever to get to zero?

You guys are all idiots. Those are 3D charts, not just lines going up and down. If you look at them from the right angle you can see the lines have depth. It looks like a classic Thomas Slump, but the real chart shows a Finger-Thumb Bounce. BTC's depth is $100k, even if it only looks like it is worth 20k.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1536863640426512385

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

You guys are all idiots. Those are 3D charts, not just lines going up and down. If you look at them from the right angle you can see the lines have depth. It looks like a classic Thomas Slump, but the real chart shows a Finger-Thumb Bounce. BTC's depth is $100k, even if it only looks like it is worth 20k.

You have to use an extra axis to plot bitcoin since the returns are imaginary.

If we don't get a follow up next week saying that their attorneys have quit, I'll be disappointed.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Are they paying those bankruptcy lawyers in apes?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Klyith posted:

Fair. Just never seen someone do that before.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You should always screenshot a tweet anyhow in the event it disappears later.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Turn that screenshotted tweet into an NFT and turn a profit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Turn that screenshotted tweet into an NFT and turn a profit.

Use the NFT as leverage for a shitcoin loan.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't think we're lucky enough for Twitter to disappear.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't think we're lucky enough for Twitter to disappear.

No sometimes people wise up and delete dumb tweets so the link just becomes “tweet unavailable”

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

If you embed one of my tweets you can make 35.3% APY***

***up to

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

goons: "It's such a tragedy that we lost a lot of classic threads due to waffleimages going offline"

also goons: "just embed the tweet"

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I wish SA would just take the Twitter link and make a screenshot and put that in the thread instead of giving Twitter all this dang traffic and analytics.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

HKR posted:

goons: "It's such a tragedy that we lost a lot of classic threads due to waffleimages going offline"

Seriously, I'm going through the Simpsons memes thread and about a third of the posts go to Twitter accounts that don't exist anymore.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cat Hatter posted:

Seriously, I'm going through the Simpsons memes thread and about a third of the posts go to Twitter accounts that don't exist anymore.

The Simpsons will be lost forever :ohdear:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

You have to use an extra axis to plot bitcoin since the returns are imaginary.

If we don't get a follow up next week saying that their attorneys have quit, I'll be disappointed.

it's a great case to be the lawyers for, akin is going to make bank on this

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

evilweasel posted:

That lawyer better be demanding pre-payment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That lawyer better be demanding pre-payment.

their fees come ahead of paying creditors in a bankruptcy and celsius has plenty of money to pay them for the years this case will take

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

imagine if imgur goes bust, it would be a waffleimages moment for half of the internet

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Simpsons will be lost forever :ohdear:

The best thing about Simpsons shitposts is that there is an endless supply, but one day we might lose access to something important like people shilling NFTs.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I feel like Bitcoin does actually have a floor. There will be a certain point where all or most of the real money has been taken out leaving people free to trade their unwithdrawable coins back and forth for as much monopoly money as they want in a bid to draw in more real money suckers.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Surely an image hosting service could never go offline

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I feel like Bitcoin does actually have a floor.

Zero?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

priznat posted:

Screenshotting tweets is also a good idea if it is something extra stupid in case the person deletes it. That one wasn’t but also a good idea to ss regardless .

"screen cap you enemies, retweet* your friends."

I heard this bit from a public radio segment about trying lessen the amount of rage and maddness that social media has caused, and while think the advice is a bandage, the logic is that screen capping prevents any of your posting / internet enemies from getting any more positive metrics for themselves or their THEALGORITHM ranking , and retweeting or doing literally any form of interaction with your friends/parasocial pals helps your THEALGORITHM feed and their THEALGORITHM ranking.

copy pasting just the birdpost text or the article title is also good enough imo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Nah it's bigger than that. For all the talk of it's value, you can only get as much fiat money out of it as people have/are willing to put into it. I suspect that all the real money will be long gone before it all zeros out and all these coins will have pretend value with no way to cash out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I suspect Celsius are going to be some of the most toxic clients possible. If they're not asking their attorneys to commit crimes already, it's because they haven't gotten past the introductions yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

HappyHippo posted:

Surely an image hosting service could never go offline

Often bad tweets will be deleted before imgur goes down. Usually much faster.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Nah it's bigger than that. For all the talk of it's value, you can only get as much fiat money out of it as people have/are willing to put into it. I suspect that all the real money will be long gone before it all zeros out and all these coins will have pretend value with no way to cash out.

They'll continue to LARP finance and assign their coins imaginary values in US$.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

HKR posted:

all those trump tweets lost, like piss in rain

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I suspect Celsius are going to be some of the most toxic clients possible. If they're not asking their attorneys to commit crimes already, it's because they haven't gotten past the introductions yet.

surely as galaxy brain computer touchers that can mansplain topics back to (female) experts by drunk skimming wikipedia, Celsius can just law themseleves because they played phoenix wright games?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Foo Diddley posted:

all those trump tweets lost, like piss in rain

Here you go.

http://www.thetrumparchive.com/

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Klyith posted:

:same:

I open Twitter links in private windows so I'm not getting a bunch of Twitter cruft in my browser. Pretty frequently people embed Twitter links that go dead, and I also have the issue where people embed tweets that are age-restricted and since I don't have a Twitter account they will forever be mysteries to me. Because gently caress starting a Twitter account.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I also have the issue where people embed tweets that are age-restricted and since I don't have a Twitter account they will forever be mysteries to me. Because gently caress starting a Twitter account.

Open them in Duckduckgo. I don't have an account, the most I get is a little slide up reminder that I should sign up (less than half the screen, can be dismissed). On chrome, the slide blocked the whole page and couldn't be dismissed.

Or try incognito mode or whatever equivalent.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Open them in Duckduckgo. I don't have an account, the most I get is a little slide up reminder that I should sign up (less than half the screen, can be dismissed). On chrome, the slide blocked the whole page and couldn't be dismissed.

Or try incognito mode or whatever equivalent.

I'm posting from a desktop.

I do use Duckduckgo as my primary browser on my phones, but there I'm using the Awful app. I do have the Duckduckgo tracker blocking service on my phones, so at least Twitter isn't getting any data from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bigger than that. Bitcoin is still a uniquely useful tool for laundering money and scamming people. All of the other coins may wither and die, but IMO Bitcoin will always retain some sort of name value. I mean, People are still trying to sell beanie babies for 1500 bux, and are moving product at 20 bux a pop for a lovely stuffed bear

On top of that, I dont know the marketing term specifically but there's Bitcoin True Believers now. They'll butcher the code to run on pocket calculators and create their own sneakernet before they ever let it hit zero value.