Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nope, sorry if you restored something 8 years ago we'll never do it again! (they probably will but they're not encouraging you)

I always thought that rule was funny and dumb, especially after a certain other, even older MMO introduced an automated item restoration tool for literally anything a year before ARR even came out :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

orcane posted:

I always thought that rule was funny and dumb, especially after a certain other, even older MMO introduced an automated item restoration tool for literally anything a year before ARR even came out :allears:

Like many things in this game, I'm assuming it's a consequence of how their database architecture is set up. My guess would be that GMs don't get an explicitly itemized log of inventory changes that they can look up (or, possibly, they do, but it's a pain in the rear end to search through), so restoration requests are taken on good faith but strictly limited in order to prevent people from exploiting it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

One of the few things I miss from WoW is the grace period where you can get a full refund on token gear in the event of an accidental purchase.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

Like many things in this game, I'm assuming it's a consequence of how their database architecture is set up. My guess would be that GMs don't get an explicitly itemized log of inventory changes that they can look up (or, possibly, they do, but it's a pain in the rear end to search through), so restoration requests are taken on good faith but strictly limited in order to prevent people from exploiting it.

Now I genuinely wonder what happens if you tell a GM you lost something you didn't.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I know that, at the very least, they can't restore anything older than a month. From personal experience.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I know that, at the very least, they can't restore anything older than a month. From personal experience.

Same. At some point i somehow deleted my boots from the Yuna outfit from a fanfest, and couldn't get them back because I didn't know when I had deleted them.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I reported someone for the first time today. I was doing some PvP and we had a match that went for a bit. We got caved in initially and made a pushback but lost. I had most damage and died the least but dude after the game sent me direct message saying it was entirely my fault we lost the game. I didn’t use Phoenix and I hadn’t used shield on any of the other party members. Well, the map is hard to target others (the bomb one) and I did mess up a Megaflare placement but we never were really co-ordinated for a full pushback for Phoenix to be useful.

The funny thing is. After a couple more games, I got him on the opposite team as Summoner. Beat his team twice in a row. Guess I really am the reason why his team lost. :black101:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

The Black Stones posted:

I reported someone for the first time today. I was doing some PvP and we had a match that went for a bit. We got caved in initially and made a pushback but lost. I had most damage and died the least but dude after the game sent me direct message saying it was entirely my fault we lost the game. I didn’t use Phoenix and I hadn’t used shield on any of the other party members. Well, the map is hard to target others (the bomb one) and I did mess up a Megaflare placement but we never were really co-ordinated for a full pushback for Phoenix to be useful.

The funny thing is. After a couple more games, I got him on the opposite team as Summoner. Beat his team twice in a row. Guess I really am the reason why his team lost. :black101:
I stopped queueing on Volcano as Summoner because it's so frustrating. Maybe you get a good Bind, maybe you can drop Baha on a corner and hit the enemy team... but most of the time you're running around corners and down long hallways and getting stomped.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/salome_txt/status/1536936412880244737?s=20&t=FCYogVbXFDk_qS4Vg_HX0g

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Now THAT is something I am Into

genovefa fedelmid
Sep 28, 2016

I'd like to see the "Cat bus" do THIS

Onean posted:

I came across something else from Twitter. Someone did a Cameo request for the EN VA for Zenos, asking him about how he got the role and what inspired him:

He's been doing heaps of them. He does them so well, just really goes for it and will say whatever crazy thing you give him eg dril tweets

https://twitter.com/ohgoditsranor/status/1536452316068446209

and this https://twitter.com/bungoborg/status/1536780668377653248

Like yeah, he's being paid... but I've heard some very, very phoned in Cameos. He definitely does not phone it in.

He makes me want more Zenos! Or at least more Sicard, given he's Sicard as well.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think the players would riot after how they handled Zenos in EW if they brought him back for anything other than maybe Echo flashbacks. Sicard would be cool though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kwyndig posted:

I think the players would riot after how they handled Zenos in EW if they brought him back for anything other than maybe Echo flashbacks. Sicard would be cool though.

Sicard does get presence in Tataru's new story, so he's probably gonna continue to be relevant.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sicard is one of those characters where I just don't get it. I don't give a poo poo about Sicard

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I also don't care too much about Sicard on his own but Sicard + Emmanellain is good stuff.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

funkymonks posted:

I also don't care too much about Sicard on his own but Sicard + Emmanellain is good stuff.

I don't care about Emmanaman either :(

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I was listening to stormblood cutscenes in the background while working on something a while back, and was super confused about why Zenos was talking about sailing and poo poo, and just couldn't remember him ever being on a boat (it was actually Carvallain)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I can get being ambivalent about Sicard. We've had very little direct cooperation with him. He's either been a minor antagonist or working on objectives to support us from the sidelines. We haven't had much chance to actually work together so we can get really interested in him.

Personally I don't feel much of anything about him. If he's going to stick around, I hope he develops enough to justify giving us him instead of Rhoswen or Carvallain. Giving us more moments of Emmanellain and Sicard bouncing off each other would be nice, especially if we get to see it develop into a real friendship.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 15, 2022

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gnossiennes posted:

I was listening to stormblood cutscenes in the background while working on something a while back, and was super confused about why Zenos was talking about sailing and poo poo, and just couldn't remember him ever being on a boat (it was actually Carvallain)

Now I kind of want a (fully voiced) side story where Zenos takes up fishing, and the Nepto Dragon is his white whale. Just go full Moby Dick with it.

genovefa fedelmid
Sep 28, 2016

I'd like to see the "Cat bus" do THIS

Macaluso posted:

I don't care about Emmanaman either :(

Emmanellain had character growth and then they just apparently forgot about that?

I don't know. That kind of annoyed me.

Gnossiennes posted:

Ha yeah, Luke Allen-Gale also voiced Carvallain. So 3x voices. Actually four, he also voiced Grithil (ShB). I don't care who, just keep giving him work

genovefa fedelmid fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 15, 2022

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I want to see Emmanellain interacting with (and being an annoying pest to) Caravallain without realizing who he is

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I had a commission done:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

genovefa fedelmid posted:

Emmanellain had character growth and then they just apparently forgot about that?

I don't know. That kind of annoyed me.

I mean he's actually doing things now, but yeah, I think they're overplaying the comedy bit too much.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
And there are so many other Ishgardians who should get camera time before Emmanalein, some of whom even live in the same house as him.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
is it dependent on having done side content?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I thought I had finished all the pre-EW Hildibrand stuff but it turns out I hadn’t even done the HW stuff. It’s like finding a bunch of unopened presents!

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is there some emotional payoff to doing the weeklies after the NieR Raids?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah kinda. You also get what I think is the longest title in the game for doing it

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The man called M posted:

Yes.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The man called M posted:

no

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

The man called M posted:

Maybe

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There's an ending, at least.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

The man called M posted:

yeah emotional disappointment

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

I guarantee you Zenos will be back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wALy7JUXAk

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I swear to god leave the man dead! He got the end he deserved. Let's get some new villains!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah, like his twin brother Aenos.

But my brother talked about you all the time so I'd kinda prefer if you just call me Zenos.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I swear to god leave the man dead! He got the end he deserved. Let's get some new villains!

more zenos pls

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SettingSun posted:

Looking forward to his avatar being Zeromus and also fighting Golbez and the Four Fiends.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That's the voidsent he formed a pact with when he respecced to Reaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

can you not post untagged spoilers such as the fact that zenos didn't even die in stormblood

this is why people have now resorted to talking about story in the new players thread, because people love making this one a minefield