Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Incoherence posted:

I still don't understand how Lisa's E works, so this is not exclusively a later-game problem. Lisa is the worst of the freebie characters, though, so it's never mattered.

She is not that complex, though definitely the most going on of the Free 3.

Her Skill and CA's with levels just adds a stack of "Conductive" which does nothing by itself but is consumed to make her Hold Skill do more damage to effected Units.

Play wise she just hits a mob with Charge Attack or/and Tap Skill up to 3 times to make Hold Skill do More Damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The difference between trying to play the drums with a controller and just using the touchscreen is. DIRE.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Incoherence posted:

I still don't understand how Lisa's E works, so this is not exclusively a later-game problem. Lisa is the worst of the freebie characters, though, so it's never mattered.

There's lots of nonsense that's not explained in that, but it's not a huge block of text with some incomprehensible phrase (the skill name) being repeated seven times while discussing the "state" using the skill puts you in. I don't have him, but Kazuha's stuff is pretty bad for this, iirc. Shogun, too.

Anyway it's "push button, hope lots of enemies are close so they get a number. When they hit 3, stand still and hold button, pray you don't get smacked until the circle fills. Watch everything in the circle get zapped, to some degree or another." I would not have known how big that "small AOE" was without looking at a guide, although I also think they might've actually rephrased it at some point to make it a bit clear that it even can hit multiple enemies.

The pray you don't get smacked bit is a big part of what makes it awful. Everything about her skill is just so slow.

Everett False posted:

The difference between trying to play the drums with a controller and just using the touchscreen is. DIRE.

I haven't tried it on ps yet, but I suspect that'll be a bit better than keyboard was. The rhythm minigames were always better on touchscreen, but this one's 100% just aping all the other mobile rhythm games, not using a phone is gonna be somewhat unpleasant.

I do wish they had a hold note sound, though. Don't know why they copied everything else and forgot that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The game has a built in recommended gear guide by popularity now

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Slowly but surely getting stuff together for Xiao.

If I could get a goddamn Crit Damage hat.

Currently sitting at some wonky rear end crit stats of 80/70 because I have a Crit Rate Hat placeholder. :shepface:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Xiangling is perfectly fine as a carry for the early game. She was my second main DPS after the Traveler. None of your investment into her will go to waste.

Maybe something to add to the OP? Like what artifacts go where?

Honestly, it's not something we want to stress new players out about, since it's not important, but it's such a given for most of us we don't talk about it.

I saw one fanart of Xiangling sitting on a Game of Thrones Iron Throne made of all the 4 and 5* spears so I'm just pretty sure that she can work with any spear you want her to.

Well, there's 40 different artifact sets so if they want a bit of guidance I don't see the harm.

Zenostein posted:

Probably something that explains how reactions work would be good, otherwise it's just really "wander around and pick up everything, bring a claymore dude for rocks." Maybe "if it looks out of place, gently caress with it, it's probably a puzzle."

Yeah! Telling people to absolutely definitely collect everything they see and also those dandelions can be collected but you just have to hit it with anemo first, because area specialties is something you'll need to have to level your characters up as the game goes on.

Xun posted:

Yeah that's my goal now for an OP rewrite once sumeru drops. Feel free to yell ideas at me in discord whenever you have one so I can remember it. That goes for everyone!!

Be sure to say that we're happy to help but if you want some, you've gotta tell us which characters you're using, constellations, World and or Adventure Level so we know what you're working with.

Tae posted:

I feel like that's also endgame relevant info and some people get passive talents that make them more suited to doing a different artifact set.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The in-game recommendations aren't perfect either, seeing as for Xiao it recommends prioritizing his Burst over his Attack for talent levels which is backwards. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize that it had pop-ups for talents too! That's cool! I thought it just worked for artifacts.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Incoherence posted:

Here's hoping Lisa finally gets her due when Sumeru comes out, and we all regret not buying her constellations

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

For PS players, there's a free PS+ Genshin Impact promo thing on the Playstation store with 20 Hero's Wit, 15 Mystic Enhancement Ore, 50k Mora and two Fragile Resin. Apparently it's been up for a while but I only just noticed it while browsing the store.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Here's hoping Lisa finally gets her due when Sumeru comes out, and we all regret not buying her constellations
Well... intensified is a very good fit for her burst, doesn't do much for her E. So she's theoretically one of the better candidates for building EM+crit when run with a dendro. The numbers still don't look good, as 600 EM with 70/140 crit with perfect dendro support only makes her burst ~100k damage, and with intensified you still need to run electro cup so those numbers are unrealistically high. The reaction looks underpowered unfortunately.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

First time I noticed Hu Tao doing a 50k charge attack. :pwn:

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Stare-Out posted:

For PS players, there's a free PS+ Genshin Impact promo thing on the Playstation store with 20 Hero's Wit, 15 Mystic Enhancement Ore, 50k Mora and two Fragile Resin. Apparently it's been up for a while but I only just noticed it while browsing the store.

It's a fairly recent thing theyve started doing, they put a new bundle up every time there is a version update.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
Seems Sumeru will be based on India or South East Asia based on character names, I wonder if there’ll be a bit more representation in character design. The only ‘brown’ character so far is Xinyan who isn’t exactly world beating.

Kale
May 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I saw one fanart of Xiangling sitting on a Game of Thrones Iron Throne made of all the 4 and 5* spears so I'm just pretty sure that she can work with any spear you want her to.

I wouldn't base any theories on fanart. :lol: If you go by fanart then for example Yelan and Shenhe have a special relationship despite never having appeared on screen together at all.

FiftyFour posted:

Seems Sumeru will be based on India or South East Asia based on character names, I wonder if there’ll be a bit more representation in character design. The only ‘brown’ character so far is Xinyan who isn’t exactly world beating.

I always figured it was going to be Sumeria which if I'm not mistaken covered parts of India and the Middle East at the time of the earliest civilizations known to historians. There's also Venessa in the lore btw as another character with a darker skin tone.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kale posted:

I wouldn't base any theories on fanart. :lol: If you go by fanart then for example Yelan and Shenhe have a special relationship despite never having appeared on screen together at all.

Was Amber/Eula a fanshipping before they ever appeared together in game? If so, it's possible it ends up becoming a thing.

quote:

I always figured it was going to be Sumeria which if I'm not mistaken covered parts of India and the Middle East at the time of the earliest civilizations known to historians. There's also Venessa in the lore btw as another character with a darker skin tone.

And I'd like to think that about Sumeria as well, but so far every NPC from there has looked just like everyone else, I'm not holding out a ton of hope

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

Was Amber/Eula a fanshipping before they ever appeared together in game? If so, it's possible it ends up becoming a thing.

And I'd like to think that about Sumeria as well, but so far every NPC from there has looked just like everyone else, I'm not holding out a ton of hope

I'm pretty sure that came after they were confirmed to be super best friends in game. Off the top of my head the ones that seem to have a basis in game stories are.

Jean/Lisa
Amber/Eula
Beidou/Ningguang
Keqing/Xiangling
Raiden/Yae

I finally have enough primogems to guarantee Yelan even with a 50/50 loss now, which after getting to use her 8n the event I'm definitely going to do. Her Burst seems pretty low cost and effective and she has an offensive upside with her skill that I just don't see Xingqiu having the same way. More mobility, range and better cool down than the backflip too. I only wish for aesthetic reasons that her burst cut in showed the whole fabulous pose instead of just the one close up with her holding the water dice though. Was kind of surprised it cut to behind her for what is arguably her iconic pose.

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 15, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah Eula/Amber didn't really crop up until voicelines leaked

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure because of the reactions to the last Dragonspire event in a Discord server I was in that made it sound like Hoyolabs was confirming the fan shipping

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
$30 = New outfit for your character
$100 = You ship your character with whomever you want and they get a custom voice line and hangout together during events.

Why does Mihoyo hate money

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure because of the reactions to the last Dragonspire event in a Discord server I was in that made it sound like Hoyolabs was confirming the fan shipping

it's like Beigguang, Zhongxiao, Kaeluc etc where mhy definitely set the dynamic up and then will play into it more at times.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Zhongxiao is just wrong... yeesh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yanfei instantly having more chemistry (and actual shared screentime) with Yelan than Hu Tao was funny to me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hu Tao just does cameos. She's never a star.

Qiqi only cameos in your 5 star pulls :devil:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Hu Tao just does cameos. She's never a star.

Qiqi only cameos in your 5 star pulls :devil:

Everyone's getting all my Qiqis. I've been playing since week 1 and I don't have her. But I do have c5 Jean.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tae posted:

It does? Where?

zerokunami
Apr 29, 2009

SiKboy posted:

It does? Where?

If you open the artifact screen there is a button at the top right labeled "Attribute Reference"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I got duped. I spent a ton on a phys build Rosaria because of a Youtube video and she stinks.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

zerokunami posted:

If you open the artifact screen there is a button at the top right labeled "Attribute Reference"

Huh! I hadnt noticed that, even after seeing people talking about it on this page and looking through menus, thanks!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Normal attacks being literally useless for 60 percent of the cast sucks and I wish there was a big battle balance in the future to at least give everyone bigger numbers or a slight infusion.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tae posted:

Normal attacks being literally useless for 60 percent of the cast sucks and I wish there was a big battle balance in the future to at least give everyone bigger numbers or a slight infusion.

For real, doing R2->Triangle->Switch->Triangle->R2 is all well and good but I like to button mash attacks while everything is on cooldown without feeling like I'm hitting a dude with a wet noodle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Huh! I hadnt noticed that, even after seeing people talking about it on this page and looking through menus, thanks!

It only just got added this patch to be fair.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If you like normal melee attacks simply bring people like Beidou and Yelan whose bursts only work on normal attacks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

I got duped. I spent a ton on a phys build Rosaria because of a Youtube video and she stinks.
If it's any consolation she's a very good cryo support. So at lesst the xp you used wasn't wasted.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

jokes posted:

If you like normal melee attacks simply bring people like Beidou and Yelan whose bursts only work on normal attacks

Yeah but they work best only on characters that have infused normal attacks. Phys attacks need a serious boost outside of superconduct is what I'm saying.

No Wave posted:

If it's any consolation she's a very good cryo support. So at lesst the xp you used wasn't wasted.

Yeah I know, I already had her at a point where she worked as that but I invested in a weapon and artifacts for it. That said, their video on Yelan is on point, it's one of those silly super-edited meme-y ones called (name).EXE or something.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

idk, at the point that your NA is triggering Yelan/XQ/Beidou bursts and/or Fischl A4 it's probably fine if the actual damage of them is on the lower side.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Truth is that caring about NA damage is for suckers. During Venti abyss, Rosa was my main cryo dps and if you put a gun to my head and asked me what her normal attack damage output was I wouldn't be able to tell you. Wouldn't even be able to guess within the thousands range, lol

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've only been playing a couple of months but Barbara is C6 because I keep rolling her. What happens when I roll her again in the future? Extra Barbaras? The Barbara Chorus?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

You get five starwhatsis instead of 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Rexxed posted:

I've only been playing a couple of months but Barbara is C6 because I keep rolling her. What happens when I roll her again in the future? Extra Barbaras? The Barbara Chorus?

You get the equivalent of 1 reroll for the 10 you bricked on.