Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

fast cars loose anus posted:

It literally is the first Republican winner from that area since 1870. There will be an election for the seat again in November (todays was to finish out the term of some rear end in a top hat who bailed for a big lobbying firm) but it seems hard to imagine the Dems magically turning this one around by then.

This district (which was created in 2012) went to Obama by 23 points, Clinton by 22, and Biden by.... 4.

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/M_McAdams/status/1536912328880529410

https://twitter.com/jilel76/status/1537050724852305920

ruh roh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/finnygo/status/...ingawful.com%2F

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

watching “demographics is destiny” getting crushed in real time

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

THS2 posted:

Does "real time" mean "over and over again for twenty loving years now"?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sure, Biden is old and senile but he's actually governing exactly how he wants to govern. Young spry Pete Buttigieg would be doing the exact same thing. It's the Democrats that are the problem with Democratic governance!!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/st...ingawful.com%2F

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

It literally is the first Republican winner from that area since 1870. There will be an election for the seat again in November (todays was to finish out the term of some rear end in a top hat who bailed for a big lobbying firm) but it seems hard to imagine the Dems magically turning this one around by then.

This district (which was created in 2012) went to Obama by 23 points, Clinton by 22, and Biden by.... 4.

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this is what I was pointing out in the succ thread a few days ago: when you've got fairly well-regarded democrats like david axelrod (and now media people like lemon) saying the quiet parts out loud, it's pretty much a given that the party's PTB have decided to ditch biden for 2024.

and why wouldn't they? He'd not only be a millstone to winning the presidency, he'd also be a millstone to their own careers--not just congressional seats, but the entire administration apparatus of warmed-over obama/clinton functionaries & the agencies they head & staff.

biden won 2020 by a much smaller margin than the polls predicted, and carried far fewer dems into Congress than was anticipated. And that's when he was popular, when trump was the greatest threat the democracy that walked the face of the earth, and before the gop went to town on state-based barriers to voting.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

but muh "gas station pretending to be a country" energies

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

Sure, Biden is old and senile but he's actually governing exactly how he wants to govern. Young spry Pete Buttigieg would be doing the exact same thing. It's the Democrats that are the problem with Democratic governance!!

trump did a good job jamming the works but some things were still able to be accomplished. I believe that democratic political appointees in a trump administration would be the way to ensure absolutely nothing is done for 4 years

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Fast Luck posted:

In the alternate timeline President Pete still went on paternity leave and nobody noticed for a month.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i bet whenever biden is lucid hes just loving miserable lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

drat who could have guessed that sanctions would do bad things

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

THS2 posted:

its even funnier because as it turns out the democrats have alienated all the growing demographics to the degree that "demographics is destiny" is actually true, except it's in the gop's favour since they're the only ones bothering to do any outreach

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Srice posted:

drat who could have guessed that sanctions would do bad things

why do you support putin?!?!?!?!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zokari posted:

i bet whenever biden is lucid

2003?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

its even funnier because as it turns out the democrats have alienated all the growing demographics to the degree that "demographics is destiny" is actually true, except it's in the gop's favour since they're the only ones bothering to do any outreach

what the gently caress are you talking about? the democrats are very good at angrily informing people that they have no choice but to vote for democrats

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zokari posted:

you would be too if everyone was calling you a weak president who can't do anything right AND a commie dictator

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022, as the now well-known phrase (chant) goes

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Get ready for more culture of machismo bullshit.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Zokari posted:

its like that twilight zone episode where after the apocalypse the guy can finally read books in peace then breaks his glasses, except instead of reading books its winning the presidency after trying for over 30 years, and instead of broken glasses its his brain turning into meat slurry

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
That’s not fair. That’s not fair at all. There were votes now. There were... were all the votes I needed.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Griz posted:

the election in November is using a new map where this district is D+15.

Ah, I didn't know that. They'll probably get it back I suppose.

e: actually that still might not necessarily save them

quote:

On Tuesday night, Flores most notably carried Cameron County, the most populous county in the district and a longtime Democratic stronghold along the Mexican border. She defeated Sanchez there by about a percentage point after Biden carried the county by 13 points in 2020.

fast cars loose anus has issued a correction as of 15:38 on Jun 15, 2022

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
in 2020 the dem candidate won tx 34 by about 13-14 points

so what im saying is that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

This was the first thing that was predicted the day that sanctions were being considered.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

they thought sanctioning russia was going to be like sanctioning iraq. iraq wasnt an integral trading partner with europe, or one of the largest economies in the world, and didnt have great relations with the two largest nations on earth

sanctioning russia and it backfiring spectacularly is the clearest sign yet of american hegemony slipping away

and it looks like most of europe wants to tie their boats to a sinking titanic, which is funny, to me. trying to join NATO in 2022 is powerful loser energy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

this is what I was pointing out in the succ thread a few days ago: when you've got fairly well-regarded democrats like david axelrod (and now media people like lemon) saying the quiet parts out loud, it's pretty much a given that the party's PTB have decided to ditch biden for 2024.

and why wouldn't they? He'd not only be a millstone to winning the presidency, he'd also be a millstone to their own careers--not just congressional seats, but the entire administration apparatus of warmed-over obama/clinton functionaries & the agencies they head & staff.

biden won 2020 by a much smaller margin than the polls predicted, and carried far fewer dems into Congress than was anticipated. And that's when he was popular, when trump was the greatest threat the democracy that walked the face of the earth, and before the gop went to town on state-based barriers to voting.

tired of these smug assholes making decisions for the rest of us tho :smugjones:

like their judgment is horrendous and self serving

axelrod and lemon wear the mummer's motley well so why do we indulge in the farce

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zokari posted:

in-fucken-shallah

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

THS2 posted:

and it looks like most of europe wants to tie their boats to a sinking titanic, which is funny, to me. trying to join NATO in 2022 is powerful loser energy

Europe's current leaders are following the US down the drain. We'll see what happens after the next round of elections regime changes, peaceful or otherwise.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
I need him to come out and say that this is "malarkey, jack" and continue making the absolute worst decision on things when confronted with a decision

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

“Miss me yet?” but it’s a picture of Stalin

(sorry, I’m at work)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

tired of these smug assholes making decisions for the rest of us tho :smugjones:

like their judgment is horrendous and self serving

axelrod and lemon wear the mummer's motley well so why do we indulge in the farce

well yeah, but that's why dems are going to get destroyed in 2024 as well as in 2022.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DoubleDonut posted:

“Miss me yet?” but it’s a picture of Stalin

(sorry, I’m at work)

(I'm unemployed)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tarnop posted:

(I'm unemployed)

So is Stalin, these days.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Griz posted:

the election in November is using a new map where this district is D+15.
that doesn't affect the underlying shift in voting patterns which points to Dem annihilation

good job on whatever Democrat nabs this seat which they'll probably manage to keep, in what will otherwise be a sea of red

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's also worth pointing out that the fact that the guy who had the office left for a lobbying firm is almost certainly because he saw this coming and got out before he had to run in a difficult election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

in 2020 the dem candidate won tx 34 by about 13-14 points

so what im saying is that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

hearing this more and more. absolutely tremendous