Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fast cars loose anus posted:

It's also worth pointing out that the fact that the guy who had the office left for a lobbying firm is almost certainly because he saw this coming and got out before he had to run in a difficult election
also worth pointing out the fact that he immediately went into a lobbying gig is another reason why everyone hates politicians and is turning toward maga fantasies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

all of us boomers

Don't be so hard on yourself Willa, you're not a boomer

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Don't be so hard on yourself Willa, you're not a boomer

exactly, boomer is a mindset now, not an age

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Biden Strugged

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spacemang_spliff posted:

Biden Strugged

it's not very effective

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm glad we don't care what words mean anymore it will really make posting easier do you uej siehhe dubbed by if djdjj rh also if ebt us yx GG eheji

Note to anyone who doesn't understand my genius point, it's because you're a stupid prick who doesn't understand that language changes.

Both you and that prescriptivist bullshit can suck my dick.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

THS2 posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

sir, there's a thread for that

wait I am in that thread somehow

carry on

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Fast Luck posted:

also worth pointing out the fact that he immediately went into a lobbying gig is another reason why everyone hates politicians and is turning toward maga fantasies

I figured that part went without saying but yeah, of course

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
remember that time Biden sent every household one set of covid tests one time

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

DoubleDonut posted:

remember that time Biden sent every household one set of covid tests one time

we need her back

https://twitter.com/Craig_A_Spencer/status/1468066641678565376?s=20&t=LglbEnqItS73q6E6anMsgg

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

who do we have in Delaware?

https://twitter.com/jrpsaki/status/1535637640980070406

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

missed this so much

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

p sure we considered, and are still considering, it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
can’t imagine why everyone’s so down on Joe Biden after the mouth of Sauron spent a year taunting everyone who wanted help

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein...ingawful.com%2F

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it’s because Arabs are considered white by the United States government while Venezuelans are not.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
they might be a murderous dictatorial monarchy, but they're capitalist and venezuela is communist and that's literally the only thing america cares about at all

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

CIA has generations of KSA data and the only big spook thing we tried w/Venezuela is that one day when US mercs got disarmed and detained by fishermen and one of the guys peed on himself

thats why

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The US has tried multiple (failed) coups in Venezuela

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

The Democrats are about to try multiple (failed) elections in America

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
nichael did you call it Hellaware when you were growing up that sounds like something kids would say

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Danny LaFever posted:

The US has tried multiple (failed) coups in Venezuela

Like I get the whole "loving w/Latin America for decades" thing but i never read anything about involvement in Venezuela specifically until Maduro. Would love to learn more!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Facehammer posted:

The Democrats are about to try multiple (failed) elections in America

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Delaware sucks. What a boring state.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

Like I get the whole "loving w/Latin America for decades" thing but i never read anything about involvement in Venezuela specifically until Maduro. Would love to learn more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Venezuelan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat_attempt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cat botherer posted:

Delaware sucks. What a boring state.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Diehard libs keep twisting themselves into knots to blame others for the ineptitude and apathy shown by the Dems. Reflecting on policy and outreach and material reality are verboten, they are The Good Guys and they never fail they are only failed by false allies.

So that TX34 election which elected the first Mexican-born member of congress, but whoops hang on she's a Republican?!?

You'd hope that maybe it's the slightest bit of a crack-ping.

But I'm concerned a bunch of coastal libs are going to denigrate the voters just like in Nov 2016: "they voted against their own best interests just to support misguided identity politics! They're what's preventing us from making real progress! Also #khive #itsherturn #abuela2024"

Are they treating it like a bellwether result? Or have they already moved past it to focus on anything else?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

kalensc posted:

Diehard libs keep twisting themselves into knots to blame others for the ineptitude and apathy shown by the Dems. Reflecting on policy and outreach and material reality are verboten, they are The Good Guys and they never fail they are only failed by false allies.

So that TX34 election which elected the first Mexican-born member of congress, but whoops hang on she's a Republican?!?

But I'm concerned a bunch of coastal libs are going to denigrate the voters just like in Nov 2016: "they voted against their own best interests just to support misguided identity politics! They're what's preventing us from making real progress! Also #khive #itsherturn #abuela2024"

Are they treating it like a bellwether result? Or have they already moved past it to focus on anything else?

I have already seen people dealing with it this way:
"The district in November will be D+15 and the Dems put literally zero effort in while the Republicans spent a lot on this one just so they could claim a win :rolleyes: don't worry its ours again in November"

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

kalensc posted:

quote:

https://twitter.com/andrewczhang/status/1537430771304103936

Uh oh dems in disarray, Republicans winning latino voters, folks: It's The Narrative

lol

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i know hes just pointing out the hypocrisy but doesnt really take a big brain to figure out. saudi arabia is a client state that plays ball and venezuela is engaging in resource nationalism, literally having nationalized the assets of oil companies like exxon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution_Will_Not_Be_Televised_(film)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fast Luck posted:

i know hes just pointing out the hypocrisy but doesnt really take a big brain to figure out. saudi arabia is a client state that plays ball and venezuela is engaging in resource nationalism, literally having nationalized the assets of oil companies like exxon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution_Will_Not_Be_Televised_(film)

eh idk it kinda sounds like they’re privatizing everything again. I think america is just mad it’s not their guai doing it at this point.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
meanwhile israel is already heavily invested in their post US sugar daddy future in china

i mean when they can even see the writing on the wall...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Palladium posted:

meanwhile israel is already heavily invested in their post US sugar daddy future in china

i mean when they can even see the writing on the wall...

:confused:

https://twitter.com/sameerakhan/status/1537083887314251777

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

lol that's all theatrics

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Palladium posted:

lol that's all theatrics
I’m not sure
https://twitter.com/mfa_china/status/1534526418394095617

lol though

https://twitter.com/scmpnews/status/1536710912198983680

https://twitter.com/loveqingdao/status/1536991447471296513

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

kalensc posted:

they're ignoring it, lol.

haven't seen a mention of it in dnd (midterms thread is on the second page; nothing to see here!) and yesterday I didn't see anything on DU or dailykos.

it's the kindergarten M.O. again: if I cover my eyes something ceases to exist.

except even by kindergarten kids know it isn't true. Not only are the democrats a waste, but they're also actively regressing.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

I have already seen people dealing with it this way:
"The district in November will be D+15 and the Dems put literally zero effort in while the Republicans spent a lot on this one just so they could claim a win :rolleyes: don't worry its ours again in November"

lol

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
yeah China loves Israel lol, I’m positive they’d side with israel too if it ever came down to a ‘one or the other’ kind of situation

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

skipmyseashells posted:

yeah China loves Israel lol, I’m positive they’d side with israel too if it ever came down to a ‘one or the other’ kind of situation
China just cares about which side has the most land usage rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Willa Rogers posted:

Not only are the democrats a waste, but they're also actively regressing.

i was born in 81 and have seen nothing to challenge the idea that this has been true for my entire life and almost certainly yours as well