Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

It reads like a fictional company made up for the TV show 'Silicon Valley'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Kracker

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Serious_Cyclone posted:

We're going to throw a Koosh ball around the room, and whoever catches it has to give the team an example of a good thing that Hitler did

Lol the first person who decides to ignore personal language preferences and starts calling everybody “white boy” is gonna get bounced so fast

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Serious_Cyclone posted:

We're going to throw a Koosh ball around the room, and whoever catches it has to give the team an example of a good thing that Hitler did

there was a museum I used to go to once every 3-4 years growing up, and occasionally with school. their gift shop had a vat of Koosh balls and I'm pretty sure I never left that museum without a new one. totally useless and forgotten the next day, but they were fun for a moment.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
conference room full of dipshit techbros high fiving each other for coming up with "the real intolerance is calling me out for my bigotry" for the fifteen billionth time in history

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

lmao :thurman:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

selec posted:

Lol the first person who decides to ignore personal language preferences and starts calling everybody “white boy” is gonna get bounced so fast
yes... ha ha ha... yes!

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Mega Comrade posted:

For that show they consulted real people in the industry and they actually had to tone it down in a lot of areas. e.g. the company valuation from the first/second season was WAY lower than what the people they talked to said it would be given the pitch but the writers realized that wouldn't be believable to people outside the industry.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

There's a history of companies with shaky foundations buying naming rights to a stadium in a desperate bit for legitimacy only for the company to be gone a few years later. If you're spending money to name a stadium, you're probably a lovely company.

I've never seen a crypto commercial. Kind of glad that I avoid that kind of garbage.

The Patriots play at Gillette stadium, but before it was Gillette it was named CMGI Field, after a local tech investment firm.

CMGI went under before the football season even started, the patriots never played a game there under the original name

And the Dolphins renamed their stadium 4 times in 10 years, though Hard Rock stadium has stuck for a while now

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

According the that tweet chain there's an expose coming out soon. I'm guessing it's gonna be actually pointing out they're broke so they're using this to get ahead of the curve and distract attention. Also lol at Diversity of Thought, but you have to be all in on Kraken like a Resident Evil 4 cultist.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 15, 2022

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

"stereotypical diversity" is such a good phrase, goddamn.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Kraken are just trying to cut staff without actual layoffs. People will flee without even thinking about severance payments.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/molly0xFFF/status/1537102811955183621

Mad About Pronouns

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

selec posted:

Problem is you call out "hey white boy" and literally everybody in the office looks up.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Paladinus posted:

Kraken are just trying to cut staff without actual layoffs. People will flee without even thinking about severance payments.

yeah 'cuz if there's one thing that'll make a cryptobro flee a workplace it's open bigotry and discrimination

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we're sub 21k again, oo baby i'm edging

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
What do crypto brainiacs see as the next level of support for BTC? 18k? IIRC coins tumble pretty far when they break through lower levels of resistance?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Mega Comrade posted:

They'll be a fictional company too before too long

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Paladinus posted:

On LinkedIn they have 400 employees and have 2000(!?) open jobs posted, including several in HR. Who knows what they're thinking, if they are at all.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
my buddy just now:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
darn, the payroll department rugpulled me again!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I got a job NFT. I don't actually work here, but I have the NFT for the position anyway.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Foo Diddley posted:

yeah 'cuz if there's one thing that'll make a cryptobro flee a workplace it's open bigotry and discrimination

Your mistake is thinking that a lot of people working for crypto companies are cryptobros. Outside of management, real cryptobros, who have actual marketable skills, know their coder job is more secure at a regular company. Only people who are incompetent or couldn't find a better job work in crypto.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vampire Panties posted:

What do crypto brainiacs see as the next level of support for BTC? 18k? IIRC coins tumble pretty far when they break through lower levels of resistance?
That'll be fun to see. I think that 8K is probably the "jump out the window" stage of Butts

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rad Russian posted:

On LinkedIn they have 400 employees and have 2000(!?) open jobs posted, including several in HR. Who knows what they're thinking, if they are at all.

*2 months later*

Well, we tried, but it looks like the wokes has poisoned the workforce market. We are sorry to let down our amazing community, and recommend they storm Joe Biden's house, and not try to request any refunds from us, bye.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
buttcoin.
craptocurrency.

the cockchain

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You know the difference between money and crypto. No one has to advertise money.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

That'll be fun to see. I think that 8K is probably the "jump out the window" stage of Butts

I wonder when we'll see another one of these totally normal and expected events

Paladinus posted:

Your mistake is thinking that a lot of people working for crypto companies are cryptobros. Outside of management, real cryptobros, who have actual marketable skills, know their coder job is more secure at a regular company. Only people who are incompetent or couldn't find a better job work in crypto.

:hmmyes: AFAIK crypto bro programmers are selected because of their a) willingness to work for a crypto exchange and b) take shitcoins instead of RSUs. All of the talented true believers are trying to be the next Vitalik Buterin, and the talented workers are doing exactly what you said.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

You know the difference between money and crypto. No one has to advertise money.

Another cool thing about money is that you can easily exchange it for goods and services

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Extra Large Marge posted:

Another cool thing about money is that you can easily exchange it for goods and services

what is this "goods and services" is there a log chart somewhere I can look at?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

No one loves cash money more, than the people who create and sell crypto.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Extra Large Marge posted:

Even on Christmas?
:smug:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LifeSunDeath posted:

No one loves cash money more, than the people who create and sell crypto.

But I'm told fiat is bad? This doesn't make any sense. Unless...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Vampire Panties posted:

i've seen murmurings that 18k is the magic number for margin calls to start kicking in, but i expect that the second it starts coming close something more insane is going to happen as they pull out every con they can in order to not be the ones left holding the bag

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Protocol7 posted:

But I'm told fiat is bad? This doesn't make any sense. Unless...

Unless they're trying to decentralize money for us!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
They are going to get sued so hard, I can’t wait.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Please decentralize all your coins to me at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

"He killed Hitler" *throws ball to scowling manager*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I was with my friend at Denny’s the other night, and as the guy in line behind us stepped up to pay, the waitress asked him, “cash or card?” He loudly exclaimed, “CRYPTO!” and whipped out a Coinbase debit card, looking around to see if anyone was impressed.

No one was impressed.