Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I drive my Ford Mustang Mach-E to the combination Electrify America / Buffalo Wild Wings and just start putting Things in Places until my credit card stops working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think they need to play up the fact that you can use the frunk of a Mach-E as a portable toilet when you're camping.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine pulling up to a party and popping the frunk to reveal its full of garbage food

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

You can also fill it with shrimp!

The only picture from that set that looked even remotely reasonable was filling it with ice and using it as a drink cooler.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
There's a drain hole in that right lmao

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

priznat posted:

There's a drain hole in that right lmao

There is, but that frunk's gonna smell like shrimp for a while.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nfcknblvbl posted:

There is, but that frunk's gonna smell like shrimp for a while.

That’s what she said?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm going to wait for an EV with an oven in the frunk so I can bake a turkey while I'm at work and have it ready when I get home. Just pop out to the parking lot and baste it!

Edit: keep your casseroles warm as you drive to grandma's house for Thanksgiving

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This owns, though?

Maybe if it had a deep fryer there

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This owns, though?
Yeah this seems like Ford having good marketing sense

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

I had a 14-50 NEMA installed which is connected to a 100A subpanel but I just noticed they used a 40A breaker instead of a 50A. My Mach-E that will eventually arrive can only do 32A with the mobile charger so that's fine because you can only draw 80% of the breaker, but does that limit me if I want to connect an EVSE to it someday? I haven't looked into those or what the utility company provides for rebates or anything like that.

Check your invoice. A 50A circuit should have a 50A breaker. If you see a 40A breaker and the invoice was for 50A, then you need to call them to fix this. But it's possible that you paid for a 40A circuit for your 14-50 outlet

The difference in charging time isn't going to matter for you at all and shouldn't limit what kind of EVSE you can connect, most/all let you set the amperage and many cars also let you set the amperage (the Polestar 2 does, at least).

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 15, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

Idk which loud Tesla dork ITT I like the most: is it the one constantly dropping pissy, butthurt remarks about how his new $80k car is treated way more as a punchline and object of derision on this site than as anything remotely lustworthy or garnering respect and who complains about being called a company stan before jumping into Handwavey Defense #45 of said company’s dubious-at-best behavior, the one who generally tries to stay above the fray but who I also think copped to being in a polyamorous relationship with his kid’s dance teacher, or the one who just bragged about defeating his car’s safety mechanisms with some gaffa tape so he can :justpost: from behind the wheel?

My favorite is the one who claims that the NHTSA has it out for Tesla specifically

bird with big dick posted:

Looks like Honda is the worst.

You've got to account for two different factors here.

1. Tesla has been selling these sort of driving aids a lot longer than anyone else. My 66,000 dollar MSRP 2017 F-150 didn't even have real lane centering, it only had Lane Keep Assist which might stop you from driving off the road into the ditch (but probably not) but did not pretend to be a system that actually drove for you in any way.

2. The statistics are skewed by the fact that a significant number of Tesla owners are dipshit Musk loving techbros that do poo poo like crawl into the back seat to Insta themselves jerking off while the car drives for them. No one is doing that in a Hyundai. And you can't really blame the car for that it's not an engineering problem it's a sociology problem.

1. Lane-keeping assist is a "driver-assistance technology", so if your Ford suddenly veered into oncoming traffic while lane-keeping assist was turned on then it would have been counted in this study

2. This is partly correct but there are enough videos and testimonies of Tesla autopilots making bad decisions that obviously the car shares the blame.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

McPhearson posted:

You can also fill it with shrimp!

The only picture from that set that looked even remotely reasonable was filling it with ice and using it as a drink cooler.

They have video too, it's bizarre

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nothing says love like a frunk full of questionably-sanitary shellfish.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
I mean, no ones fills their trunk with ice and shrimp, why would you do it with your frunk??

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fairly certain this is just one step from electric grill frunk

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

I mean, no ones fills their trunk with ice and shrimp, why would you do it with your frunk??

Cuz it's got a drain hole and my trunk doesn't.

I've definitely seen people turn the bed of their truck into a pool.

Vegetable posted:

All you'd need is a plug in the front like the Lightning has in the back.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Just realized I forgot my sausage cooking experiment behind the cylinders on my bike. drat! Thought I could just pull them out from the luggage pre-wrapped in tin foil 30k from a rest stop, ride the last bit, enjoy a lovely wholesome meal from what would otherwise be waste heat.

The EV being so efficient, I suppose now it's only some soy sausages made tepid off the waste heat of the infotainment computer.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Ola posted:

Just realized I forgot my sausage cooking experiment behind the cylinders on my bike. drat! Thought I could just pull them out from the luggage pre-wrapped in tin foil 30k from a rest stop, ride the last bit, enjoy a lovely wholesome meal from what would otherwise be waste heat.

The EV being so efficient, I suppose now it's only some soy sausages made tepid off the waste heat of the infotainment computer.

Wasn't the tesla infotainment reliant on the MCU which is pretty much a ps5 nowadays? That should pull more power than your average rice cooker.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

Wasn't the tesla infotainment reliant on the MCU which is pretty much a ps5 nowadays? That should pull more power than your average rice cooker.

Seems to be a lot cooler now after the crypto crash, go figure.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Vegetable posted:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Drain plug, no carpet or lining and completely sealed off from the passenger compartment.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Need to upgrade the octovalve to a novemvalve (sp?) to branch out to a cooking system. Win win scenario

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Given how little confidence Ford seems to have in the Mach-E cooling system when it comes to sustained power output, perhaps you could fry shellfish by just placing them on top of a battery module and doing a few hard pulls.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CNN is saying that the 273 Tesla crashes were FSD crashes but I didn't think that was true I thought it included Autopilot is that right?

e: lol everyone else is saying it's Autopilot, CNN saying it's FSD, I'm guessing it's actually both but not sure.

e2: Yeah NYPost is saying it's both.

e3: NYPost saying it's Hyundai in second with 90 but everyone else saying it's Honda, jfc journalism is dead.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 15, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
LOL if you think the New York Post is a real newspaper.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Isn’t the New York post a tabloid?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bat boy… lives!? What is up with journalism today

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Dancing Peasant posted:

I’m still horrified by the marketing photos on the Mach-E.

I want to buy a Mach-E now.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Local charge at EA today… 2/4 broken

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero One posted:

LOL if you think the New York Post is a real newspaper.

I'm pretty sure they're correct in this case about it being both AP and FSD

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I also think they're right about bat boy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

some_admin posted:

Local charge at EA today… 2/4 broken

I see MX has been by recently.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I filled my Model 3 Frunk with ice cream for a family picnic last year, a couple blocks of dry ice kept things fairly well frozen until the sun moved and warmed things up. Switched to just using a cooler this year though, better insulated.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009
But can you fill it directly with mystery fried foods? Or “fresh” shrimp? And does your traction battery contactor weld itself closed?

Checkmate.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don't mind the smell, that's just my fupa (front upper parcel area)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I’ve never used the frunk on my mme because the only way to open it is with a handle on the inside

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tiny Timbs posted:

Don't mind the smell, that's just my fupa (front upper parcel area)

Before Googling: Huh, I wonder if this fupa is a real acronym or some weird Futa adjunct?

After googling : Ummm. Okay. That could have been worse

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ford missed an opportunity to partner with the McElroy brothers for some internet viral marketing with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Why do the small pastries need to be on ice?