Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Pope Urbane II posted:

You get the equivalent of 1 reroll for the 10 you bricked on.

Or 1/7th of a Kaeya or whoever you want from the shop.

You also get to complain about your c15 whoever, so there's that.

Anyway, enjoy your free occasional revive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

dogsicle posted:

idk, at the point that your NA is triggering Yelan/XQ/Beidou bursts and/or Fischl A4 it's probably fine if the actual damage of them is on the lower side.

To that point, I've been playing with just Xingqiu and Yelan, triggering their bursts and annihilating everything with Yelan's bow. But NA on its own is just so bland besides with someone like Eula but even she needs superconduct.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I dunno if she counts as normal attacks but I really am enjoying Yanfei, I like how she builds up to that charged attack, it's super fun. I need to get better at remembering to swap back to Yelan to setup hydro because I just get into the rhythm.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Eimi posted:

I dunno if she counts as normal attacks but I really am enjoying Yanfei, I like how she builds up to that charged attack, it's super fun. I need to get better at remembering to swap back to Yelan to setup hydro because I just get into the rhythm.

I guess you have a point there, Yanfei has solid and fun normal attacks. I should've specified that I meant melee attacks. Yanfei feels super good to play, I wish she was a 5*. Even with her lesser damage everything about her, normal attacks, charged attacks, skill and burst feel really satisfying to pull off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lots of melee attacks are good, like Ayaka or Hu Tao. It's very specifically the characters with physical-only normals but are elemental otherwise which is most of the cast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Lots of melee attacks are good, like Ayaka or Hu Tao. It's very specifically the characters with physical-only normals but are elemental otherwise which is most of the cast.

For example, most of the bow characters, Albedo, Xiangling, Zhongli, etc

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

imo Albedo is satisfying enough because if you're spending any significant field time as him you can abuse the ability to reset his flower procs. plus his CA just feels good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's a shame that we actually have content in the game now, so we can't have 4* super freaks like Bennet and Xingqiu that can cover so many bases anymore. Noe everyone's getting super niche like Yun Jin, Sara, Thoma

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

It's a shame that we actually have content in the game now, so we can't have 4* super freaks like Bennet and Xingqiu that can cover so many bases anymore. Noe everyone's getting super niche like Yun Jin, Sara, Thoma

I'd be happy if they all got utility things like Sayu.

This character let's your recruit cats and the cats follow you around and attack your enemies. They share your team buffs

This character just makes all of your cool down happen somwhat faster. They don't do anything else, just your other cooldowns happen faster when they're on field. Maybe they play a trombone or something while they're active.

This character brings a small doll of one of your other characters in the party and they apply their element without switching.

I'm all for the dumb bullshit gimmicks.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Imagine a baron bunny that could attract enemies from more than 2 feet away.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This character just makes all of your cool down happen somwhat faster. They don't do anything else, just your other cooldowns happen faster when they're on field. Maybe they play a trombone or something while they're active.

Chongyun... 😔

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Everett False posted:

The difference between trying to play the drums with a controller and just using the touchscreen is. DIRE.

Man, you weren't kidding, the controller setup's unpleasant. Why are they using ↓? They even had an alternate that uses the shoulder buttons instead of ← and 〇, but that doesn't really help. PC and PS would both probably be okay if you could just set your own drat keybinds. Guess that's something else to note down somewhere for the survey.

e. Also had to adjust the offset on my phone again? So if you're suddenly getting goods and you don't understand why, I guess re-calibrate, for ~reasons~.

e2. Thanks, Kazuha. Now I have a Yelan. She likes stringless, right? I've got a l.90 one laying around from when I got a skyward harp and gave that to fischl.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 16, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yelan likes Fav bow.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ah, well much like the rest of her ascensions and decent (or at least leveled) artifacts, that'll have to wait until I have mats to level it up. At least I managed to scrounge up a halfway decent 2 emblem 2 milileth set. I'm sure the spreadsheet won't steer me wrong.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yelan has appreciable energy recharge problems without something helping her, so it's all about finding a good balance on being able to ult on cooldown and being able to generate the energy to do so reliably.

Favonius Bow is especially standout on her because she doesn't care about the lower ATK at all since all the damage that matters from her scales from HP, and since she's an archer you can reliably trigger the crit particles even if you have poor crit chance rolls on your artifacts.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zenostein posted:

Imagine a baron bunny that could attract enemies from more than 2 feet away.
Baron bunny actually had the largest taunt last time I looked. It just doesn’t behave how people expect in that if they’re not in the radius when it goes into effect, it doesn’t steal ahgro like mona’s taunt will.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Still willing to sign my life away for a Crit Damage hat for Xiao.

This has gotten a little silly.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Last challenge on the event took me literally half an hour last night to do. Because of having to play catch up again and having a particularly busy week that ended up being a bit tight within a few days of it ending but its all done now. Glad the drum event is 21 days too cause I need a bit of a breather from Genshin for at least a couple days now.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Zenostein posted:

e2. Thanks, Kazuha. Now I have a Yelan. She likes stringless, right? I've got a l.90 one laying around from when I got a skyward harp and gave that to fischl.

Stringless is her best 4* bow for damage, but unless you have insane ER% substats, you'll probably have to run 2x hydro for energy that way. Or a Raiden team.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The only time I've heard Zhongli's death line, the one and only thing that killed him... was Paimon. Free-falling down to the ground and Paimon started a cutscene dialogue that took away control preventing me from gliding to arrest Zhongli's fall. Just Paimon paimonsplaining things as Zhongli dies.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

The only time I've heard Zhongli's death line, the one and only thing that killed him... was Paimon. Free-falling down to the ground and Paimon started a cutscene dialogue that took away control preventing me from gliding to arrest Zhongli's fall. Just Paimon paimonsplaining things as Zhongli dies.

99% of my zhong deaths are not paying attention to stamina and falling out of a glide.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

99% of my zhong deaths are not paying attention to stamina and falling out of a glide.

Mihoyo crawling on the ground: Please...please use plunging attacks

https://twitter.com/twitter/status/1537344226328985601

Also somehow this banner has threaded the needle and is perfect for me. I still have a C4 Chongyun and Gorou's only at C2. No character is a bad win for me here.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Mihoyo crawling on the ground: Please...please use plunging attacks

https://twitter.com/twitter/status/1537344226328985601

Also somehow this banner has threaded the needle and is perfect for me. I still have a C4 Chongyun and Gorou's only at C2. No character is a bad win for me here.

I need two characters on the banner, and I wouldn't be devastated if I got Itto, so I'll probably be tossing a bit at it. The weapon banner is also not too bad if you don't have the 4 stars at R5.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I don’t want any of these characters

I guess the cookie person seems fun but I don’t want the rest of the characters so it seems a waste

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I got lucky on the previous Itto/Gorou so I have c6 for dogboy already. Here's hoping Shinobu comes up on another banner soon!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i simply cannot resist a new 4* on a banner where i have everything else

it's nice that kuki doesn't need cons even if she's also grossly mis-designed for current and maybe future content

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

i simply cannot resist a new 4* on a banner where i have everything else

it's nice that kuki doesn't need cons even if she's also pretty grossly mis-designed for current and maybe future content

The trick is building a team around her as if she was your newest 5 star.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Shinobu has a rad design and cool animations and stuff but something about her kit on paper just doesn't sell me. Maybe she'll be better in practice than it seems though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not getting a character was fine for a few months but then 1.2 hit and they decided to give you 3 Fates for ascending characters to 70+ so now I simply must have all of them. 5 Fates a battlepass is simply not enough, I demand more.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Shinobu has a rad design and cool animations and stuff but something about her kit on paper just doesn't sell me. Maybe she'll be better in practice than it seems though.

She's kinda like electro Barbara or something? Except she hurts herself instead of applying wet to herself.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I don't really want Itto, but I don't have Gorou and I want Shinobu, so I guess I'll toss 20 rolls at it. I'm far away from pity anyway so I wouldn't be losing anything if either Itto or C4 Qiqi dropped early.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, new thread title!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Apart from being an Electro healer, her kit is kind of dull. Especially that burst. Maybe she's supposed to be strong with Dendro or something.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AG3 posted:

I don't really want Itto, but I don't have Gorou and I want Shinobu, so I guess I'll toss 20 rolls at it. I'm far away from pity anyway so I wouldn't be losing anything if either Itto or C4 Qiqi dropped early.

Itto's fun as hell, especially if you're aiming for Gorou anyway, so this sounds pretty win-win to me (other than the Qiqster)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's basically fav+totm healer slot and will enable intensify dendro DPS. who knows how good all that is, she def seems to have less of a place currently.

it's just disappointing that you can see they know how to design hp-scaling characters like Yelan in this patch, yet leave Kuki with atk-scaling skill dmg when her healing and burst dmg scale off hp. sure she's not a DPS, but just balance her multipliers rather than doing split scaling crap yet again.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Itto's fun as hell, especially if you're aiming for Gorou anyway, so this sounds pretty win-win to me (other than the Qiqster)

When I tried Itto, it felt like his loop was a little fiddly. It was fun enough, but it felt like I spent too much time building up and not enough time hulking out during his burst. When I noticed that most of that "off" feeling would be solved by his constellations, I just decided to not roll at all, since it'd just feel bad to roll for a character that was always almost really fun but just a bit short of getting there, and rolling for 5* constellations is a big no-no for me. Which Yae broke, but let's not talk about that :v:

I guess a second reason was that I'm not terribly fond of selfish carries that don't use elemental reactions, a lesson Eula taught me. It's fun in the beginning, then it becomes a little repetitive.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, new thread title!

Yea I realized I left it sitting for a really, really long time :v: So I had my markov bot name it...

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
New banner is great, I want both Gorou and Shinobu, and if I manage to get Itto, added bonus or if I fail the 50/50 I get a guaranteed Kazuha so this is :perfect:

Might have a moment of pure insanity and roll on the weapon banner so Noelle can finally get a 5* weapon and cement her status as the new Geo Archon of apologetic devastation.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AG3 posted:

When I tried Itto, it felt like his loop was a little fiddly. It was fun enough, but it felt like I spent too much time building up and not enough time hulking out during his burst. When I noticed that most of that "off" feeling would be solved by his constellations, I just decided to not roll at all, since it'd just feel bad to roll for a character that was always almost really fun but just a bit short of getting there, and rolling for 5* constellations is a big no-no for me. Which Yae broke, but let's not talk about that :v:

I guess a second reason was that I'm not terribly fond of selfish carries that don't use elemental reactions, a lesson Eula taught me. It's fun in the beginning, then it becomes a little repetitive.

Building up stacks before using the burst is a trap anyways. You can do a full 2 cycles of normal attacks -> max stack charge attack -> normals -> charge in his burst and you don't have enough time for much more, so there's no real need to start with >0 stacks.. His c1/c2/whatever that gives extra stacks is only like a 2% dps increase relative to the optimal C0 combo.

Unless you're talking about cooldown/energy problems, which isn't really a constellation issue but it is a gacha hell issue what with the need to pull other 5* geo units

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

x1o posted:

:

Might have a moment of pure insanity and roll on the weapon banner so Noelle can finally get a 5* weapon and cement her status as the new Geo Archon of apologetic devastation.

If there were a way to guarantee a roll by like, putting in 40$ instead of leaving it up to chance, I would recommend it! I have all three of those, Noelle, Itto, and his great sword and I'm quite happy with it!