Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
You were only supposed to take the red light district "up market," not literally up, you dingbat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

How did London become home to the ugliest skyscrapers in the world? It's like all of the bad karma they built up over the centuries is seeping out in architecture form.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Weembles posted:

How did London become home to the ugliest skyscrapers in the world? It's like all of the bad karma they built up over the centuries is seeping out in architecture form.

Every neighborhood in London is called something like Piccadilly or the Queen's Loo, no good architect wants their name associated with that sort of Harry Potter bullshit.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The British all got together on their miserable island and decided that they could make it uglier

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Slotducks posted:

yeah no poo poo - why would you ever want to live in London UK when you can live in London Ontario and work for...

General Dynamics Land Systems and ... Diamond Aircraft????

Its home to the computer touching offices for insurance and banks. Part of the reason for the increases, combined with the ever increasing costs from Toronto outwards.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Weembles posted:

Lot of rich failchildren in architecture.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Weembles posted:

London is basically all financial grifting at this point, especially anything new. The requirements for buildings are: big, drawing attention, break some kind of record, make it look expensive. At no point in the process is taste relevant.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theres only one place in london thats allowed tall buildings (that arent housing towers) and its canary wharf

And i have to imagine most of london is very thankful for that considering the discerning taste of your average UK skysctaper owner.

False memories are all i have left

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Jun 15, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Biplane posted:

Lot of rich failchildren in architecture.

yup

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Am I supposed to believe a house in London (UK) costs less than $774,200 on average?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Peggotty posted:

Am I supposed to believe a house in London (UK) costs less than $774,200 on average?

London is a very big city. Zone 1? No way. Zone 9 flat? Probably.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

just gonna sit back here and smell HOT SWEATY rear end for my 14 hour flight

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Miftan posted:

London is a very big city. Zone 1? No way. Zone 9 flat? Probably.

Why does London have zones like it's some kinda cyber future radioactive wasteland

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Why does London have zones like it's some kinda cyber future radioactive wasteland

Well it's not really that futuristic but yeah

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

They're the tube (subway for you yanks) fare zones, but people use 'em for everything else as well. Zones 1 is the very centre of the city and numbers go up further out you go.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nah, pretty sure it's named after the Zone from STALKER / Roadside Picnic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nah, pretty sure it's named after the Zone from STALKER / Roadside Picnic

which part of london is the area called "the garbage"

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Shear Modulus posted:

All of it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Miftan posted:

They're the tube (subway for you yanks) fare zones, but people use 'em for everything else as well. Zones 1 is the very centre of the city and numbers go up further out you go.

do you mean it's the center of the city, or The City, or the cITY?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Miftan posted:

I'm sure it's not used to discriminate right

right

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shear Modulus posted:

Buckingham

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Yes

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Now there's this:

This looks like it was designed to crush people into strawberry jelly upon impact. Like a mortar and pestle for human bodies.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Bismuth posted:

This looks like it was designed to crush people into strawberry jelly upon impact. Like a mortar and pestle for human bodies.

probably better than barely surviving tbh

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

lmao

no carry-ons allowed

also just look at that legroom for the upper deck, mmm, comfy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What if half the passengers were just lying down completely and the other half we hoisted above them in harnesses?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

In theory tilting and stacking seats could leave everyone more comfortable in the same amount of space.

In practice enjoy shattering your kneecaps when you hit turbulence lol.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hope the airlines go bust

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Planes are just trains for the entitled

And yes, I think we need a trans-pacific railway

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

FFT posted:

lmao

no carry-ons allowed

also just look at that legroom for the upper deck, mmm, comfy

I wonder what happens if you board you flight, see these, and try to turn around and just walk off the plane.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

McCracAttack posted:

I wonder what happens if you board you flight, see these, and try to turn around and just walk off the plane.

airport security tackles you

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I hope the airlines go bust

they're gonna get bailed out chief

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1536766843641335808

Someone post that comic about how capitalism will happily commodify even its own critics.

they were already doing twitch tv squid game runs at the height of its popularity and people groaned audibly

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

skooma512 posted:

they're gonna get bailed out chief

Yeah this tweet sums it up re: congress and airline bailouts.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1313852781371953157

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Planes are just trains for the entitled

And yes, I think we need a trans-pacific railway

Taking trains in Canada is somehow more expensive than flying and also slower than driving and there's no transit connections or car rentals at the station.

The food is really good though.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I mean, there's no way it's getting approved - I hope. There must be regulations for being able to evacuate a plane in a certain amount of time and these abominations could never possibly pass.

just stow people in body bags and knock them out with drugs. reinvent the slave ship into an airliner. more people=green. if the plane/train crashes they are already in bodybags. boom.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

The ships in the fifth element had more comfortable spaces at least they can hit you with the sleep button

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

just stow people in body bags and knock them out with drugs. reinvent the slave ship into an airliner. more people=green. if the plane/train crashes they are already in bodybags. boom.

I would consider flying if I could do nitrous the whole time. It gets me through the dentist, which is arguably worse.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

evilpicard posted:

I would consider flying if I could do nitrous the whole time. It gets me through the dentist, which is arguably worse.

I think the lower air pressure would reduce the partial pressure of the nitrous so it wouldn't work very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
They should sell weed edibles and valium on planes but you can't have both and if you start freaking out they give you the other one