Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone wanna hear about the time the good Herschel Walker came to visit a bunch of us in a psychiatric hospital? The dude is loving nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Anyone wanna hear about the time the good Herschel Walker came to visit a bunch of us in a psychiatric hospital? The dude is loving nuts.

:justpost:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I think you posted a condensed version once but please tell the story again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does it involve him spiking everything not nailed down

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

When do we not want papa shim storytime

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I'm kind of not on the train of calling someone out for sex work or having abortions, however otherwise despicable or fascist they may be. Let that play with her base, if that plays at all. I don't want anything to do with it.

yeah lets take the high road and not call out hypocrites

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
She should be called out as a hypocrite but this may lead to both political sides further denigrating and alineating sex workers

High road only applies to literal treason btw

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1537071868611534849

Good thread there.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1537072311005741062

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1537078233916657665

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yeah we get it the GOP tried a coup and wanted to unleash violent, murderous supporters on their political opponents. Like everyone not suckling at Tucker Carlson's taint has been saying all along. What's being done to punish those that orchestrated it?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bird food bathtub posted:

Yeah we get it the GOP tried a coup and wanted to unleash violent, murderous supporters on their political opponents. Like everyone not suckling at Tucker Carlson's taint has been saying all along. What's being done to punish those that orchestrated it?

a lot of things, just look:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only reason 1/6 didn't succeed is that the leaders tried to do it on the cheap. They weren't willing to put in the effort.

If they'd enlisted professionals instead of relying on volunteer cannon fodder, things would've ended very differently.

You can't tell me that Blackwater fuckers couldn't have used the throng to get in and do real damage, rather than smearing poo poo on the walls and stealing Pelosi's laptop.

It's lovely to think about, but "for want of a nail..."

I'm worried about the next time, if/when a *competent* group of fascists try it.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 15, 2022

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The only reason 1/6 didn't succeed is that the leaders tried to do it on the cheap.

If they'd enlisted professionals instead of relying on volunteer cannon fodder, things would've ended very differently.

You can't tell me that Blackwater fuckers couldn't have used the throng to get in and do real damage, rather than smearing poo poo on the walls and stealing Pelosi's laptop.

I'm beginning to think that the only reason the 6th failed was due to two things. One, we seem to have had multiple groups trying to do the same thing without coordination, we got lucky and they stepped on each others feet. Two, too many of the actual nutjobs got a hold of the plan, then proceeded to apply their conspiracy theory sauce to it, diluting the plan and its outreach.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

ASAPI posted:

I'm beginning to think that the only reason the 6th failed was due to two things. One, we seem to have had multiple groups trying to do the same thing without coordination, we got lucky and they stepped on each others feet. Two, too many of the actual nutjobs got a hold of the plan, then proceeded to apply their conspiracy theory sauce to it, diluting the plan and its outreach.

This.
Next time we won't be so lucky.
In the Crawl-Walk-Run, that was the Walk.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd just like to personally acknowledge Goodman's bravery and initiative in baiting the mob to follow him instead of going in the open doors.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd just like to personally acknowledge Goodman's bravery and initiative in baiting the mob to follow him instead of going in the open doors.

That man is a legit badass.

I don't have the words to express how brave he was and how quickly he had a solution. There is no doubt in my mind that he saved countless lives that day. Very few people can personally say they saved the nation.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bird food bathtub posted:

Most/all of it is legal and will likely lead to the negative consequence of them being in charge in at least one house of Congress.

Most of the crimes they obviously did were crimes where you had to prove intent or have to prove that the speech threatened imminent lawless action. And so, the ringleaders will skate. The scandal is what's legal.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Also, gently caress

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1537145544119881728?t=si2zwTUU09VDD8F8ygvi7g&s=19

Good chances of getting through it, even for how old he is!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tiny Timbs posted:

DSA still sticking to their guns on Ukraine being a war of NATO aggression?

Lol shut the gently caress up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

That man is a legit badass.

I don't have the words to express how brave he was and how quickly he had a solution. There is no doubt in my mind that he saved countless lives that day. Very few people can personally say they saved the nation.

Emptyquote

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
BAH GAWD THAT MAN HAD A FAMILY

https://twitter.com/SteveSinger10/status/1537190739263750145

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Think he’ll try the limo thing again?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

:vince: :vince: :vince:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Think he’ll try the limo thing again?

I dont think he has another 9/11 in him.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Never gonna pass up an opportunity to repost this:
https://mobile.twitter.com/randyjcruz/status/1355617648609021952

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Must have been high as hell cause he took that pretty well.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Yeah, shouldn't you be clutching at your legs and screaming in pain having done so? I'm incapacitated for minutes by loving charley horses; can't imagine what actually tearing anything would do.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
McMahon is less a person and more a flesh machine animated by pure spite. I'm unsurprised

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cugel the Clever posted:

Yeah, shouldn't you be clutching at your legs and screaming in pain having done so? I'm incapacitated for minutes by loving charley horses; can't imagine what actually tearing anything would do.

For some reason I'm reminded of this classic clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPHorPkiTw

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

McMahon is less a person and more a flesh machine animated by pure cocaine and steroids. I'm unsurprised

I think it's this.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I have become a flesh automaton powered by keyfabe

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I have become a flesh automaton powered by keyfabe

someone loves you apparently, lmao at your new forum 'tar

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I just used to have some red text that was an incredibly weak rear end D&D nerd attempt at a burn but it rules now

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I have currently got covid and I have the full loss of taste and smell thing going on and let me tell you, it's REALLY weird. You know you are eating ice cream but it's just cold soft stuff for example? I think I can finally now understand what people mean by mouthfeel though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1537136174266974208

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That face is somehow even more kickable than Ted Cruz’s.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

That face is somehow even more kickable than Ted Cruz’s.

I look forward to Trump calling him some dumb nickname around being short and him just wilting in ‘24. The dude doesn’t have the same insanity as Trump and, while he’s more terrifying, I bet he gets in line after his feelings get hurt.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I look forward to Trump calling him some dumb nickname around being short and him just wilting in ‘24. The dude doesn’t have the same insanity as Trump and, while he’s more terrifying, I bet he gets in line after his feelings get hurt.

He’s the next level trump that everyone feared. Has pretty solidly brought all three branches of state government under his control over the last few years. Will handily win re-election to Gov.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
In today’s edition of “Facebook is bad” and “you should be using every adblocker known to man”, your health information is getting hoovered too:

https://twitter.com/arstechnica/status/1537448923031298048

quote:

A tracking tool installed on many hospitals’ websites has been collecting patients’ sensitive health information—including details about their medical conditions, prescriptions, and doctor’s appointments—and sending it to Facebook.

The Markup tested the websites of Newsweek’s top 100 hospitals in America. On 33 of them we found the tracker, called the Meta Pixel, sending Facebook a packet of data whenever a person clicked a button to schedule a doctor’s appointment. The data is connected to an IP address—an identifier that’s like a computer’s mailing address and can generally be linked to a specific individual or household—creating an intimate receipt of the appointment request for Facebook.

On the website of University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, for example, clicking the “Schedule Online” button on a doctor’s page prompted the Meta Pixel to send Facebook the text of the button, the doctor’s name, and the search term we used to find her: “pregnancy termination.”

Clicking the “Schedule Online Now” button for a doctor on the website of Froedtert Hospital, in Wisconsin, prompted the Meta Pixel to send Facebook the text of the button, the doctor’s name, and the condition we selected from a dropdown menu: “Alzheimer’s.”

It’s bad on multiple levels.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.
Herschel Walker publicly acknowledges 3 more children.

DO I HEAR FIVE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/parkermolloy/status/1537459214326673408?s=21&t=dcFhcAS3pB_K404t9kGNnw