Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
in anticipation of canada, never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV3GKVxBkjU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ferrari should build a good engine, like Honda.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Over / under - 10.5 references, pictures or videos of Jacques Villeneuve over the race weekend?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sab0921 posted:

Im going to the race in Montreal this week - gently caress haters LFG uh Max I guess? What's the one that will garner me haters the most.

Sup fellow Astros/Texans fan and F1 crazy going to Montreal this year

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Melbourne Grand Prix has been extended for another 10 years, and will include F2 and F3 races next season

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

You Am I posted:

The Melbourne Grand Prix has been extended for another 10 years, and will include F2 and F3 races next season

Hell yeah, till 2035. That is a long contract.

I am slightly biased, but even thought it's not the best track it's a great event when you go in person. :australia:

Also F2 and F3 will make it so much better.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

There used to be a compilation of this with a bunch of different commentaries and it was always funny as heck how excited the Japanese and American commentators were but ITV reacted like Margaret Thatcher had just come back from the dead

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

your friend wicka posted:

There used to be a compilation of this with a bunch of different commentaries and it was always funny as heck how excited the Japanese and American commentators were but ITV reacted like Margaret Thatcher had just come back from the dead

lol i remember the speed crew egging sato on as he got a tow down the straight, it was great

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Charles Leclerc posted:

That's all well and good but all that time you've wasted on building a good race car would've been better spent picking the restaurant for lunch as that's where the bulk of your time will be spent as a Ferrari engineer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3R2jYC3D0

checks out

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
I hope the plucky lovable home town boys finally get to shine this weekend. lord knows they've earned it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Still better than the actual race

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rhopunzel posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I've never been to my home GP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I do time attack on Mosport though. Interestingly now the FRS/BRZ/86 has mostly supplanted the MX5 as the go to trackaday car it seems. MX5s are still far more popular for real racing though.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The FIA is going to attempt to save drivers from being crippled, finally. Was it the sight of Lewis trying to get out of the car Sunday that spurred them into action?

https://twitter.com/scarbstech/status/1537473689968693250?s=21&t=kqoeg7SH-4hpyFgs5pKB7A

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 16, 2022

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

MrMojok posted:

The FIA is going to attempt to save drivers from being crippled, finally. Was it the sight of Lewis try to get out of the car Sunday that spurred them into action?

yes

toto is angling

first he'll push this. then we'll get "but we need a lift of the budget cap in order to design our car to not shake the driver to death"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I've never been to my home GP.

It's stupid loving expensive, it's a shame because Montreal is so nice but lmao at paying that kind of money

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Dynamite Dog posted:

yes

toto is angling

first he'll push this. then we'll get "but we need a lift of the budget cap in order to design our car to not shake the driver to death"

all the teams that aren't red bull seem to want something done about it.
toto is also not the primary driver of lift the cost cap even if merc would happily go along with it.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
This is like the worst 'solution' to the issue for Merc, and the best for Red Bull.

The teams having minimal issues will have nothing to do and continue as is. The ones having trouble have to make changes to fix it. If that doesn't fix it, they have to raise ride height. If that doesn't fix it, they are DQd.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

all the teams that aren't red bull seem to want something done about it.
toto is also not the primary driver of lift the cost cap even if merc would happily go along with it.

toto is the one with a world famous driver he has been responsible for beating into a back injury and who is now being used as leverage

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this sounds similar to industrial safety standards, e.g. tool vibration exposure limits.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Red Warrior posted:

This is like the worst 'solution' to the issue for Merc, and the best for Red Bull.

The teams having minimal issues will have nothing to do and continue as is. The ones having trouble have to make changes to fix it. If that doesn't fix it, they have to raise ride height. If that doesn't fix it, they are DQd.

Good

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

:wow:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Finally the FIA making some pro-McLaren rules

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like the Amerikkkans couldn't handle their Netflix superstar being exposed as a fraud and are changing the rules so he can have a cheat car again. Very disgusting

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Surely this will expose fraudmilton even more as they will be forced to raise the ride height to stay within the Maximum Allowed Porpoise Limit?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Seems awfully suspicious that Red Bull made a car that doesn't kill their driver, but everyone else didn't. :tinfoil: What is Red Bull trying to do?

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Here's hoping Stroll retires this weekend, not just from the GP but from the sport altogether.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ja_raul posted:

Here's hoping Stroll retires this weekend, not just from the GP but from the sport altogether.

I get the feeling he'd like nothing better than to go gently caress off to Whistler and snowboard for the rest of his life if it wasn't for Big Lawrence.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Looks like the Amerikkkans couldn't handle their Netflix superstar being exposed as a fraud and are changing the rules so he can have a cheat car again. Very disgusting

Who is this person you speak of? Sargeant is in F2

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ja_raul posted:

He should just take a left turn off the track and drive home.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I get the feeling he'd like nothing better than to go gently caress off to Whistler and snowboard for the rest of his life if it wasn't for Big Lawrence.

imagine lance teaching you how to surf :allears:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
They should bring back mass dampers, active suspension, traction control, Basically as much poo poo as they can.

Just make these cars loving insane.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
F1 car with a nuclear reactor.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

They should bring back mass dampers, active suspension, traction control, Basically as much poo poo as they can.

Just make these cars loving insane.

give me Speed Racer made real

I want jumpjacks, spike hubs, circular saws

give it all to me.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

F1 car with a nuclear reactor.
Red flag in Q1. A mutant Latifi is in the middle of the track.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Lol that Toto is being forced to slow down his cars even more because of the FIA, and not just so Lewis's crystallographic chiropractic therapy bill doesn't blow the budget cap.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Frog International Assistance

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Lewis' rear end is saved

Hopes for another championship still very very dead.

Vamos, Perez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Thanks Ants posted:

Frog International Assistance

Gasly is not getting help from anyone