Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lammasu posted:

One of the funniest YouTube comments ever was the David Cage profile that said in the Super Best Friends break up video, "I have won but at what cost?"

remember when david cage cast his cousin as the model for indigo prophecy's leading lady

and then gave her a topless sex scene

and then had her grind on a model of david cage in the end credits in her underwear

and yet that's somehow still less embarassing than kojima's depiction of women in his games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No I don’t remember any of that because I’m not a weird freak I guess.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Old big ears does it again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kojima_hideo/status/1534004910152634368?s=21&t=TY7Us65O3XFOwG2cRF93kg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kojimas Depiction Of Women. Lol.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I remember the opening scene of indigo prophecy being a really cool sequence and the rest of the game being completely insane. The main character played theory of a deadman song in his apartment which is pretty funny

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Seltzer posted:

I still don't understand how you can put together DLC + a patch and pretend it's a new game. Overwatch 2 is one of the most fraudulent things in gaming.

the funniest part is they are making the game the price of free2play, the worst possible price a game can have

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[hundreds of games where women are just eye candy for decades] actually this one guy making fun of that is the bad one. I'm an ally btw. Do not Google me

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Also metal gear solid is one of the best games of all time and I wish it was on Xbox

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kojima_hideo/status/1533668114873085952?s=21&t=a216y74yqYAt8QUQeVoEFQ

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

[hundreds of games where women are just eye candy for decades] actually this one guy making fun of that is the bad one. I'm an ally btw. Do not Google me

This killer wears a skimpy outfit in Afghanistan and it’s Not OK

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Larry Parrish posted:

[Plays some of the greatest games of all time] yeah I dunno this kojima guy is a hack, he could never match the majesty of making the same annual franchise over and over like Ubisoft or Activision

sorry but where in gently caress hell did you get the impression that i have any respect whatsoever for activision or ubisoft games

like last fuckin week i was sayin in this very thread that call of duty players had heads emptier than kurt cobain's was after he ate a shotgun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
quiet's outfit never bothered me since i have like 3 of the basically the same getup i wear pretty regularly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
She breathes through her butthole so of course you can’t have too much fabric obstructing it!!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Khanstant posted:

quiet's outfit never bothered me since i have like 3 of the basically the same getup i wear pretty regularly

Are you a sniper?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hideo kojima taps into the same 'mAkEs YoU tHiNk' adolescent idiocy as maynard james keenan

except kojima never made anything as good as a perfect circle's first album. which was mediocre.

but hey he was at least tangentially related to metal gear rising, which both played better than any of the games kojima was directly involved in and actually had something to say other than absolute nonsense, so i guess he accidentally made something good happen.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/319595772981166080?s=21&t=8GGww6Z-hRtooCBdB06jVg

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hideo kojima taps into the same 'mAkEs YoU tHiNk' adolescent idiocy as maynard james keenan

except kojima never made anything as good as a perfect circle's first album. which was mediocre.

but hey he was at least tangentially related to metal gear rising, which both played better than any of the games kojima was directly involved in and actually had something to say other than absolute nonsense, so i guess he accidentally made something good happen.

I've never met anyone that hates Kojima as much as you.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
"Judith" is a banger and the video rules (directed by David Fincher). It has more tension in it than most thrillers. (AAAA IS SHE GONNA GET HER HAIR UP IN TIME yessss)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there any other metal gear games worth playing besides MGS because I hated MGS2 so I gave up at that point.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Laserface posted:

is there any other metal gear games worth playing besides MGS because I hated MGS2 so I gave up at that point.

MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Peace Walker, MGS5, MG2 off the MGS3 Subsistence release, Metal Gear Rising, think that's it, will update this post if I think of more

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Laserface posted:

A lot of people think 3 is the best, you probably won't like 4 if you didn't like 2 though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

sorry but where in gently caress hell did you get the impression that i have any respect whatsoever for activision or ubisoft games

like last fuckin week i was sayin in this very thread that call of duty players had heads emptier than kurt cobain's was after he ate a shotgun

Do you even have a single game you actually like lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I don't even know what to say about comparing a perfect circle to video games but you have holes in your brain lol. Not to mention they're basically baby's first artistic band. I remember because that and Crystal Castles was the first stuff I listened to that wasn't my parents or emo music and I took thought I was very deep and cool.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mgs3, maybe. Mgs1 is less anime than the other ones, which is why it appeals to me. I never played 4, so idk about that one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lammasu posted:

I've never met anyone that hates Kojima as much as you.

i don't even particularly hate kojima. i think cage and dyack are way worse overall, and hey, at least kojima inadvertently made metal gear rising happen, which i guess is sort like how eternal darkness happened despite dyack's dyackness.

priznat posted:

"Judith" is a banger and the video rules (directed by David Fincher). It has more tension in it than most thrillers. (AAAA IS SHE GONNA GET HER HAIR UP IN TIME yessss)

no disagreements on judith, and that first apc album did have a few other bops. but maynard's output taken as a whole was not good, and also he is a likely rapist so, y'know.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I thought that album was pretty good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A perfect circle is music by guitar nerds for guitar nerds

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/358265892175495169?s=21&t=TJrzV3Skf-p3ASomdfFFbQ

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This thread owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Larry Parrish posted:

Do you even have a single game you actually like lol.

i have liked far more of the games i've played over the years than i have disliked

i most recently played and finished the pedestrian, gorogoa, ace combat 7 and boyfriend dungeon, all thanks to gamepass/gwg and hey they were all good, albeit not masterpieces.

i'm also eagerly awaiting kerbal space program 2 for the xbox series because i have spent thousands of hours on ksp1 since 2011, and am really hoping they give it full m+k support as ksp with a controller is butts

as far as games trying to say to say something, disco elysium is a masterpiece

and hey, the 3 most recent persona games are coming to gamepass, and while i have a laundry list of problems with 5, i am still gonna play and love all 3 just as i did on ps2/vita/ps3

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Laserface posted:

Just 5, which is not internally coherent and doesn't have an ending to it's plot, but is exceptionally fun to play.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acksplode posted:

MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, Peace Walker, MGS5, MG2 off the MGS3 Subsistence release, Metal Gear Rising, think that's it, will update this post if I think of more

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just realized I had an xbox and didn't have Lost Odyssey installed. Fixed that

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

the one where I walked around with my psp scanning wifi addresses for soldiers owned.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The three best metal gear games are Metal Gear Rising: Reveangeance, Metal Gear Acid, and Metal Gear Acid 2.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
its weird that the deep state can avoid lovely ubi games but couldn't avoid some lovely games nobody remembers by some sex pest you have to google every time he gets brought up bc obviously you'd never naturally play those games or think of that person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*guy who has spent the last 14 years thinking about the time one video game guy had a proxy sex scene with this cousin* I’m normal.