Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
lmao i like the detail of leaving an imprint of the guys face in the passport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

quite stretched out posted:

lmao i like the detail of leaving an imprint of the guys face in the passport

It's missing the lead up for brevity

He made sure he had his bag and passport, then sent him flying :allears:

If Mashle is a Gag manga with fights
Sakamoto Days is a Fight manga with gags

It's honestly fantasic.

Bruceski posted:

We need more martial arts movies with guys like Sammo Hung.

Live action Fat Cobra could be a lot of fun, and hell yeah Sammo Hung is the best

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Infinitum posted:

It's missing the lead up for brevity

He made sure he had his bag and passport, then sent him flying :allears:

If Mashle is a Gag manga with fights
Sakamoto Days is a Fight manga with gags

It's honestly fantasic.

Live action Fat Cobra could be a lot of fun, and hell yeah Sammo Hung is the best

It's not a comic, but Benedict Wong isn't exactly Chris Hemsworth and he can pull off badass fighter really well.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
The actual strongest folks in the world tend to have plenty of body fat! Someone turn Kyriakos Kapakoulak into a manga character already.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

About the Movement of the Earth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

History would be so much more enjoyable to read, in manga form.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not sure if this qualifies as Badass but it's a pretty striking page.

From What If #32

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as Badass but it's a pretty striking page.

From What If #32

Only had to look it up to make sure, but that page was just screaming Gruenwald and of course it is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Immortal X-Men #2: After not being picked to be on Krakoa's Quiet Council, Selene is throwing a shitfit by making a giant magic kaiju to gently caress things up. The mutants have temporarily stopped it but it will come back until Selene is appeased. Or...

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Immortal X-Men is really cool. I wasn't fully on board after the first issue, but the fight with the Arakko gate and the assassination at the end absolutely sold me on it. Al Ewing doesn't miss. :allears:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I believe Gillen is in charge of Immortal X-Men, Ewing (your post is still correct btw) is doing X-Men Red.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Gologle posted:

I believe Gillen is in charge of Immortal X-Men, Ewing (your post is still correct btw) is doing X-Men Red.

You're absolutely right. Too many good X-books, I can't keep track any more. :sweatdrop:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Golden Kamuy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men Red #3

The couple pages prior belong here too.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men Red #3

Is Tarn a particularly nasty dude? Because if a dude yields and begs for his life, you spare him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Mags whole thing is he isn’t a hero.

Not even top ten on the worst things he’s done

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Is he not on the X-Men anymore?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

Is Tarn a particularly nasty dude? Because if a dude yields and begs for his life, you spare him.
Yes. He's very explicitly hated by the Arrakii because he was one of their Amenthian occupiers, and then took a seat in their council. Also just a moment before he kills Vulcan who challenged him for his seat, though I don't think the Arrakii or Magneto particularly care about that.

Nilbop posted:

Is he not on the X-Men anymore?
He quit the Quiet Council, left Krakoa, and moved to Mars. He's in the new Brotherhood of Arrako, who have come together explicitly to oppose Brand's Martian X-Men team.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Tarn is also a sociopathic eugenicist who's mutant power is to alter genes at will. He's exactly the kind of person Magneto would have no mercy for, even at his most heroic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He got clowned by Storm to not too long ago. No one liked the dude.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He got clowned by Storm to not too long ago. No one liked the dude.

You could make a smaller list of people in the X-Men franchise that haven't been clowned on by Storm.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men Red #3

Goddamn X-Men Red is hitting this poo poo out of the loving park. gently caress Tarn, it's always good seeing him getting clowned. :hellyeah:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Toshimo posted:

You could make a smaller list of people in the X-Men franchise that haven't been clowned on by Storm.

He tried depowering her without knowing that Storm without powers is a stab machine. A fool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Adnor posted:

He tried depowering her without knowing that Storm without powers is a stab machine. A fool.

Endless Mike posted:

S.W.O.R.D. #8

Storm owns

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly, the entire issue of Savage Spider-Man #4 could be here.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tarn is like if Mister Sinister was all rear end in a top hat without the camp. Or cape.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Tarn is, in fact, someone whose yield you should not accept.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Tarn is like if Mister Sinister was all rear end in a top hat without the camp. Or cape.

The camp and the cape are the only reasons we like Mister Sinister, so I'm fine with Tarn never coming back.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So is mortality real on Mars?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They have some way of putting specific mutants on a Do Not Rez short-list even with Krakoa, I assume Tarn is on this list.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

thetoughestbean posted:

So is mortality real on Mars?

I think the Arrakoans don't like resurrection, and then Tarn is gonna be at the back of the list regardless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arrakoans dont have their own resurrection protocol either, so they'd be using Krakoa's que, and would have to put in a request for it. It seems very unlikely.

Also Bobby :allears:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Do A Powerbomb! #1

Daniel Warren Johnson made another banger.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

JordanKai posted:

Yeah this rules so far, unsurprisingly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah that book's really, really good.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Do A Powerbomb! #1

Huh, I didn't know Luchasaurus could jump that high.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

JordanKai posted:

Do A Powerbomb! #1

Elektra taken out by a rad rear end moonsault is how Defenders should have ended.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She actually gets taken out permanently by a botched uhhhh not quite sure what he was trying to do looked kinda like a Styles Clash off the turnbuckle

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

She actually gets taken out permanently by a botched uhhhh not quite sure what he was trying to do looked kinda like a Styles Clash off the turnbuckle

You can really only botch that if you put your face all the way forward. It's not pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jiro posted:

You can really only botch that if you put your face all the way forward. It's not pretty.
Oh I know. In this comic, he slips when getting on the top ropes and drops her on her face first onto the mat, presumably breaking her neck and killing her. It's not pretty. Definitely check it out!