Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Well that's a spicy one. Mystery Waltz (at least from Dancing Dagger) oneshots the Red Dragon. E: Works for !Dance too, clipping.

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mandoric posted:

Well that's a spicy one. Mystery Waltz (at least from Dancing Dagger) oneshots the Red Dragon.

Yeah The Run used that liberally. Apparently Drain sets undead's HP instead of adding it. So Mystery Waltz does 0 HP damage.

Gil Turtle is a bit different, I think it underflows his HP since he instantly dies to drain, rather than requiring a second followup attack.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
I got an instakill, no followup required.

Interesting to know about Gil Turtle though, I guess I can do that dungeon with enough RNG abuse.

Or no RNG abuse, Dragon Sword does the trick. :getin:

Mandoric fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 16, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is that in the PR? I've got black mage this run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

Is that in the PR? I've got black mage this run.

Yeah that's a Pixel Remaster bug. Don't try to succ a red dragon in GBA version or you will regret it. :gibs:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Is there an enemy in World 2 you can confuse to get float? Thinking about singing turtles to death for fun and profits

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Ace Transmuter posted:

Is there an enemy in World 2 you can confuse to get float? Thinking about singing turtles to death for fun and profits

i think the poison eagles in drakenvale will cast float when confused

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

PR rods are, a thing.
It feels as busted as when I discovered rods in the SNES version, it's wild.

I got to hand it to the PR version, after a bunch of mods and fiddling, I think this is my preferred version now. I think a balance patch to the GBA version would let me feel normalcy again but I am digging the bugs currently.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sneaky Wombat posted:

PR rods are, a thing.
It feels as busted as when I discovered rods in the SNES version, it's wild.

I got to hand it to the PR version, after a bunch of mods and fiddling, I think this is my preferred version now. I think a balance patch to the GBA version would let me feel normalcy again but I am digging the bugs currently.

I at least appreciate how easy it is to mod the XP/AP/GP gains once you install Memoria. I just wish the window color mods worked.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, heck, I better toxx now.

:toxx: Summoner or No Summoner
$4 for every run that has summoner and has only required summons on their spell list (Usually Ifrit and Titan, although it's possible Titan is a crystal in some versions?)
$4 for every run that does not have Summoner and has all summons on their spell list
Cap $100, fifth job and void need not apply

Just picked up the last summon on my second run which is White/Blue/Bard/Chemist:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I have rolled Black Mage for my Wind job on GBA. It's my first time here and I'm going to try doing this without a guide.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

thankfully black mage can brute force a lot of things! have fun

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Reiterpallasch posted:

:toxx: I will match any Job Fair donations made to trade in a stronger class (higher Job Fair value) for a weaker one*, up to $300.

*not you, Beastmaster. seriously why is that $1

My current run is Summoner (Job Faired in from Monk)/Beastmaster/Ranger/Summoner in Pure Chaos Fifth Job, and I job faired the Earth Crystal Summoner for Thief.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Alright, Run 2 of the year down and Random 750 was exactly the palate cleanser I needed after my garbo first team. Here's some more toxxes that I did:

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions:
0 power chicken knife - Vernatio

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

I also did not use any reflect rings at all, though I'm not quite sure how to prove this. I had white/blue/bard/chemist which is distinctly a team that does not need reflect rings. I have some shots of me using !white reflect on Rugwizard and Catastrophe, hope that'll do.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Smart Car posted:

I did this yesterday, so you must have done something wrong. The point at which you want to quick save is when you reach the clearing where you have to choose between the Chicken Knife or the Brave Blade, then return to title and load your quicksave, this will make it appear you're no longer in the clearing, but you're still in the same spot, so press right and grab your Chicken Knife, then go up a tile and down a tile and pick up your second Chicken Knife normally. You can't get more than two.

Confirming that it is still in the game even with a fresh save. I know I did it for the LP both before and after the April release but just in case somehow something was changed in the game save that allowed me to sneak through this fest confirmed it's still there.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
My four black mages casted fire on everything until the water crystal broke and my second job is summoner.

I feel like between summoner and black mage this is going to be a pretty easy run. I was kind of hoping I'd get berserker honestly.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I've got Samurai/Ninja/Black Mage/Geo and it's boring as hell. I'm pushing through but I'm basically playing in hour chunks because i just chuck scrolls and gil at everything, hah

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Berserker with black mage isn't even that bad. You get someone that can throw out haymaker hits, and late game you get the rune axe and earthshaker which have magic scaling, so a zerker with !black continues to absolutely truck enemies.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I have Knight/Berserker/Black Mage/Dragoon.

Dragoon is just miserable. I should probably just slap !Black on that thing and put it in the back. That doesn’t impact damage from !Jump…right?

What isn’t miserable is that I grinded up the money for a quartet of Flame Rings, so I can actually heal effectively. Didn’t even take long with fast forward. Later on I’ll probably want to free up those accessory slots, but for now, life is good. And warm.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Correct, !Jump is row agnostic.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Serene Dragon posted:

Alright, Run 2 of the year down and Random 750 was exactly the palate cleanser I needed after my garbo first team. Here's some more toxxes that I did:

:toot:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

berenzen posted:

Berserker with black mage isn't even that bad. You get someone that can throw out haymaker hits, and late game you get the rune axe and earthshaker which have magic scaling, so a zerker with !black continues to absolutely truck enemies.

A few years ago I ran Black/Berserker/Geomancer/Chemist and I got to see what a fully powered Berserker can do. Good times.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
I may have committed a sin here, folks.

I absentmindedly forgot to set up my party jobs after the Earth Crystal and ended up killing Adamantoise and Porobolos bosses with 2 Ninjas and a Summoner.

My party setup is Knight, Summoner, Ninja, and Chemist. Galuf left my party as a Knight. The last job I unlocked via the Fiesta site itself rather than Gilgabot on Twitter, which threw me for a loop when I didn't get confirmation and may have contributed to my brainfart.

I did rectify my mistake when fighting Titan to Summoner/Ninja/Chemist, although I have backup saves to rectify this if need be.

In the spirit of the Fiesta, should I do this? I feel that given my skills and setup I would've been able to defeat those bosses without much variation, but I also want to owe my mistakes.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

No one but you will ever know.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

ultrafilter posted:

No one but you will ever know.

I have some bad news; I livestreamed it all, to an audience of one. It's now permanently on the Internet.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Libertad! posted:

I may have committed a sin here, folks.

I absentmindedly forgot to set up my party jobs after the Earth Crystal and ended up killing Adamantoise and Porobolos bosses with 2 Ninjas and a Summoner.

My party setup is Knight, Summoner, Ninja, and Chemist. Galuf left my party as a Knight. The last job I unlocked via the Fiesta site itself rather than Gilgabot on Twitter, which threw me for a loop when I didn't get confirmation and may have contributed to my brainfart.

I did rectify my mistake when fighting Titan to Summoner/Ninja/Chemist, although I have backup saves to rectify this if need be.

In the spirit of the Fiesta, should I do this? I feel that given my skills and setup I would've been able to defeat those bosses without much variation, but I also want to owe my mistakes.

If you have backup saves, it’s not too difficult, and it will bother you otherwise, you may as well load an old save and fight them legitimately. You don’t need to throw out your newest, “tainted” save after or anything.

But as you say, it is not as if you would have had trouble with these bosses anyway. So I would only do so if it’s bothering you.

Note that you’re allowed to use Knight if you want— pretend Galuf is switching jobs over in World 2 :v:

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck this guy in particular.

Sulla's strat of Mage Mashering yourself then slipping in a quick !GilToss eventually did the trick, at least far enough to put him in his enrage where he promptly -gaed and Flared himself to death. It's slow as hell though, since you can barely get through even normal armor with that old of a knife and I had to unequip my shield to get anywhere at all--I was getting a bit nervous about Drain but Bone Mail would've been right out.

I think that's the last actual hurdle for me left in this run other than grinding up far enough that a DRG with Trident has a shot at Omega. Kick never falls off with an Equip X, and GilToss is just going to continue to scale; there just might be a few resets on NED until no one eats a bad debuff.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
What do Mystic Knight/Dancer/Beastmaster/Dragoon have in common? None of them have AoE!

Run 2 done but I was losing my soul everytime I had to level up with this team. They barely had hp to withstand a Vacuum Wave from NeoED in the backrow.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Break Blade instantly kills Iron Giants. :eng101:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So I'm wondering something. My team is Thief, Berserker, Ranger and Samurai. After bashing my head against the Fork Tower for a while and getting told that I don't have to do that poo poo, I am currently in a situation where I'm at about level 43 and looking at the Dimensional Rift.

Now, so far everything has been "hit enemy hard and hope they die before I do, aided by the berserk skill" or "throw money until dead". However, I am not a very experienced FFV player. And so I'm wondering: Is there anything, like, intelligent I can do with this setup? Because it seems, uh, rather dire. Right now my plan seems to be "grind until things die fast", which doesn't seem very intelligent.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Thief has Flee. That's the most important skill for you in the Rift.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Those both tend to be pretty good strategies, honestly. A couple of other things though:
  • With a thief, you can steal Elixirs to keep your party up. They're a common drop from Crystal Dragons in the rift, though that's really far in. They're also a common drop from Flaremancers in the Fork Tower, though uh, that would require you to beat Fork Tower. Technically not impossible with a pair of Mage Mashers and a dream, but still.
  • Samurai + Ranger works surprisingly well on Neo Exdeath; of his 4 parts, one is vulnerable to instant death from Iainuki, one is a Beast (and therefore weak to the Artemis bow), and one is vulnerable to Blind (from the Dark Bow).

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

TheMcD posted:

So I'm wondering something. My team is Thief, Berserker, Ranger and Samurai. After bashing my head against the Fork Tower for a while and getting told that I don't have to do that poo poo, I am currently in a situation where I'm at about level 43 and looking at the Dimensional Rift.

Now, so far everything has been "hit enemy hard and hope they die before I do, aided by the berserk skill" or "throw money until dead". However, I am not a very experienced FFV player. And so I'm wondering: Is there anything, like, intelligent I can do with this setup? Because it seems, uh, rather dire. Right now my plan seems to be "grind until things die fast", which doesn't seem very intelligent.

SAM can do very well for you: good frontline, Iainuki is not bad random encounter waveclear plus comes out decently fast with Masamune, and GilToss is guaranteed even damage to deal with 'kill them all at once' or 'kill the adds fast' gimmicks. RNG is also good AoE damage, and XFight on your THF with Chicken Knife (on both THF and RNG in PR!) also shits out damage.

If you want to do Fork Tower--and you probably shouldn't, you have a use for at most two legendaries-- it's actually not that bad with your setup. Still bad, but guaranteed 15-minute Omni, not 3-hour Omni with 50% success rate.

But mostly, you've just got two people that are already approaching 9999ing a single target for free (though more as 4 2499s in one round), one that can haste them, and yeah the zerk's dead weight. Give the SAM Aegis and what Genji gear you've managed to steal, dedicate them to item healing first, fill up on stolen Elixirs, and carefully count NED piece HP, and you should be pretty close to a clear.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Arzaac posted:

though uh, that would require you to beat Fork Tower. Technically not impossible with a pair of Mage Mashers and a dream, but still.

Only need the one. Reflect Ring is a common steal off some Phoenix Tower mobs, available even just with any of those classes and the Thief Knife but obviously even easier with actual THF. SAM, as the most survivable, puts one on and goes up magic side alone: Flaremancer will kill itself with reflected spells, and then for Omni you strip off armor until you can barely damage yourself, Mage Mash yourself until the proc gets reflected, and quickly GilToss once per proc.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

By the way Phoenix Tower is an amazing way to grind xp and ap in the end game, the magic pots shell out their 100 ap after being fed just one elixir now in the pixel version.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
And that's the earth crystal shattered. The full team is Black Mage, Summoner, Geomancer, Dancer. The entire game has been a faceroll so far. Archaeoavis was a close call only because I only had Summon on two people and my other two didn't have any physical damage, but there was still enough choco kick to go around.

Kinda rude of Galuf to abandon the three of us in a dying world.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 17, 2022

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Kyrosiris posted:

Break Blade instantly kills Iron Giants. :eng101:

And here i thought i was abusing break blade enough, gdi.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Alright, cheers. I'll try and see how much of that I can actually put into action (for one, I forgot that Genji gear existed, so, uh, whoops).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Life's Too Short

I will donate $5 for every run that doesn't use Reflect Rings randomly dropped by or stolen from enemies. It's okay to use the guaranteed drop from Leviathan and the ring found in Istory Falls. I'll donate an additional $5 if you do this and beat Exdeath in World 2 at or under level 25, on all characters.

This run, I'm working on doing the Combined Levels under 100 Toxx. Here is my team's levels at the end of World 2.