Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

widespread posted:

There is a place for modpacks for Journey of Wrestling, right? Or I might be confusing it with Pro Wrestling Simulator- a different booking sim.

Either way, wonder if they're a bit less harsh with the charts than TEW/EWR.

Is there a booking game everyone considers the best right now? I played TEW about 10 years ago and liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

RobbZombae posted:

Is there a booking game everyone considers the best right now? I played TEW about 10 years ago and liked it.

TEW is the most indepth and the best overall but that's because Ryland has been making the games for much longer. Also it's got a lot more going on so it's more appealing to the grognards and spreadsheet nerds.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I really like journey of wrestling, easy to start, easy to use. Only thing I dislike is the lack of more finicky money stiff.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Pro Wrestling Sim has seems to be shaping up nicely.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The latest TEW for the most detail and the most going on, and also for the biggest modding community.

Journey of Wrestling for the modern take on EWR, much easier to play, a lighter, user friendlier affair.

I don't really like Pro Wrestling Sim, it seems to be just as fussy as TEW but nothing is where I would expect it to be.

And of course, WWE 2K22 MyGM mode, if you want a weird game with its own rules that don't really make sense. But it has local competitive multiplayer, so, if you've got a friend with you it seems like that could be fun.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pro Wrestling Sim is great if you don't want to deal with the dumb copy protection in TEW.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

35 quid is a bit much. I only ever buy games on sale, any of these booking sims ever drop in price?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

beggar posted:

This WrestleQuest demo on Steam is amazing. Even Pixel Conrad doesn't bring my enjoyment down. My best comparison is Golf Story but wrestling. If you like pixel RPGs and you post in a wrestling forum its a no brainer

How does this game exist? Seems like a licensing nightmare, how did they get Savage, Roberts, Andre??

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwf doesn't own any of the people in it because they were from before wwf could reliably make people do that. they paved the way for people to sign themselves over. their estates and jake himself probably license their likenesses relatively cheaply when wwe isn't involved. ty for reminding me of when somebody said they're going to get sued to hell. lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Not a fan of the WGGP's new belt.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Not a fan of the WGGP's new belt.

Give it time, once they get some other games into the mix it'll be more interesting. I get why they did Action Arcade first, but yeesh not a great game to actually watch.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urwQaT33-d0

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I swear we better get the limb loss that he keeps on teasing on twitter.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
2K does a lot wrong, but HEEL DOINK is loving perfect

https://twitter.com/wwegames/status/1540349399070539776?s=21&t=58NGR3Xub8wEbW6hlAwQjQ

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wow that is really impressive. Those are the mannerisms and facial expressions down to a T. God I would love for someone to have a modern version of Doink's heel character.

I remember Foley talking about his psychology - he wouldn't do moves to beat his opponent he'd do them to hurt him. So his moveset was centered around pain levels not knock out levels. It's really cool

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
weird they're using an in game Doink render when there are official photos from WWE of Doink. Wonder if they just were avoiding having to pay a certain family since WWE just owns the gimmick outright

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Holy crap the WGGP title match today, an amazing sequence near the start of the match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

available for download now, search using #grodypak

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I want he entire Forbidden Door event recreated in Wrestling Revolution HD and the return of Andrew Everett.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Testekill posted:

I swear we better get the limb loss that he keeps on teasing on twitter.

Going back through his twitter, it seems like he's making it for a horror game on the same engine, and claims he's only going to put it in the game if it "makes sense," which sounds like code for "this might gently caress me with the ESRB"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly the mdickie horror game would just be like his wrestling games engine just like the jesus game had the same wrestling engine

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the MDickie engine is the next Source engine.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i still lay awake at night thinking about how well that engine runs on the nintendo switch and how poorly it ran on more powerful to far more powerful hardware for 15+ years before then

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly the mdickie horror game would just be like his wrestling games engine just like the jesus game had the same wrestling engine

Also the muhammad game that had the same engine

And the prison game that had the same engine

gently caress, I think even his game dev sim used parts of it

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
If I cant have the Iron Sheik put the camel clutch on the limbless torso of Arn Anderson, then whats the point?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the game being released on the Nintendo Entertainment Switch

(aka, nothing worth the sacrifice)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Holy shut I just used Doink in 2k22 and his payback is a second Doink who will hit your opponent with a cast! I wish they’d put this much effort into everyone in these games.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Holy shut I just used Doink in 2k22 and his payback is a second Doink who will hit your opponent with a cast! I wish they’d put this much effort into everyone in these games.

That's really cool, will buy when it is on deep discount

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i still lay awake at night thinking about how well that engine runs on the nintendo switch and how poorly it ran on more powerful to far more powerful hardware for 15+ years before then

Its not the same engine. The current Wrestling Empire uses Unity, whereas everything else was either Flash or DarkBASIC

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wish TEW 2020 didn't have the archaic protection, because if it was on Steam I'd have snapped it up ages ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CVagts posted:

I wish TEW 2020 didn't have the archaic protection, because if it was on Steam I'd have snapped it up ages ago.

Isn't it a catch-22 where he insists on that DRM because the game is such a niche product, and if it had a bigger audience he could put it on Steam, but people want it on Steam so it can get a bigger audience, but he can't do that because of the DRM he needs because it doesn't have a big audience...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They did not think this through.

https://twitter.com/repalec/status/1541840825482588160

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hehehehe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

BIG MAN MILKERS

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I do not want a peanut

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

CVagts posted:

I wish TEW 2020 didn't have such an archaic UI that causes it to take like 2 hours to book a single show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Its not the same engine. The current Wrestling Empire uses Unity, whereas everything else was either Flash or DarkBASIC

this information... i'm angry, ed

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes

Drakkel posted:

I wish TEW 2020 didn't have such an archaic UI that causes it to take like 2 hours to book a single show.

This, this is what drives me away from playing it. It takes forever to book anything. I thought that there would be some kind of trick I would pick up after time but nah! It’s agony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Games Done Quick did a speedrun of Thunder in Paradise for CD-i today. Man, Hulk Hogan gives you poo poo in that game no matter how good you do. He's no fan of the new blood