Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

How do you people read books? Just go for ones without cover art? What if the title is a spoiler? Do you just pick them at random because knowing anything about the plot is also a spoiler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ohashi means Big Bridge. Spoilers.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

A Moose posted:

How do you people read books? Just go for ones without cover art? What if the title is a spoiler? Do you just pick them at random because knowing anything about the plot is also a spoiler?
No one told me that the back of books are filled with spoilers, wtf.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tekopo posted:

No one told me that the back of books are filled with spoilers, wtf.

How dare you spoil that for me

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nah, the backs of books these days are all context-less snips of reviews so vague you can't even tell what genre you're reading. "A jaunty [...] read!" (5/5 stars, Some Guy's Blog)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Just use spoiler tags it really isn't that hard. Then again I don't have a horse in this race because I don't check the thread or leave fc chat on when new content is out until I've done it because ya'll suck so much at them.

This isn't new content. It is something that is effectively impossible to avoid.

Do you think we should spoiler Y'shtola's name every time?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't new content. It is something that is effectively impossible to avoid.

Do you think we should spoiler Y'shtola's name every time?

Yes.

Also titles are bad because "Endwalker" implies this expansion is the end of a story.
:goonsay:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Do not play this game if you don't want to be spoiled about the story of this game!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It lived up to its name! There was a lot of walking!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

could these be the wild shrieks referred to in the fight against dracula

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I'm pretty sure it's Wild Freaks, buddy, who are natureless creatures, perverted and evil.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

FuturePastNow posted:

It lived up to its name! There was a lot of walking!
If you know that Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is an anagram for "Anvil Award Flex: Nasty Knife", it spoils the main twist of 6.5 BSM storyline.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Awesome, now this thread is gonna be filled with dumb hyperbole about spoilers for three days.

Just tag poo poo. The thing people are arguing about was an untagged scene from 6.1, why is this an issue?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The ever expanding list of what some consider spoilers is getting insane. If you consider just saying the name of a character who appears in the main menu opening cinematic of The expansion this thread is named after and made to discuss a spoiler that should be worried about then you just need to disconnect from any part of the community. If you're going that far out there's basically no event or name or context from the game that isn't by those standards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Awesome, now this thread is gonna be filled with dumb hyperbole about spoilers for three days.

Just tag poo poo. The thing people are arguing about was an untagged scene from 6.1, why is this an issue?

I think it is fine to ask for spoilers to be tagged. Asking dor the name of a character who is literally in the advertising to be spoiled is a bit much

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Arist posted:

It's easy to simplify what's going on in a thread if you're just making what happened up. But as ImpAtom said

ImpAtom posted:

I think it is fine to ask for spoilers to be tagged. Asking dor the name of a character who is literally in the advertising to be spoiled is a bit much

That's not what people are arguing about nor what people are making fun of.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

To my observation, yes, that is what happened. I didn't make it up. How is it wrong?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

To my observation, yes, that is what happened. I didn't make it up. How is it wrong?

Because I was responding to this post.

SirSamVimes posted:

can you not post untagged spoilers such as the fact that zenos didn't even die in stormblood

this is why people have now resorted to talking about story in the new players thread, because people love making this one a minefield

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fair enough, I misread that.

I get where that poster is coming from but the player knows Zenos is alive before Shadowbringers even starts so whatever

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What's the fastest way to farm Wolf Marks? Frontline or CC?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

What's the fastest way to farm Wolf Marks? Frontline or CC?

CC.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
if you're worried about spoilers then you need to hang out in the explicitly spoiler free newbie thread. there's no expectation in this thread

as for farming PVP currency: do the daily frontline for a daily bonus that's worth it, for farming CC is the way to go

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I dunno if CC is faster, but you do pop in an out of matches much quicker so you're not tied down to a 15-20 min frontlines match on a team that can't stop feeding which for me personally keeps me motivated to run matches for a longer period of time.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dwesa posted:

I didn't think housing situation is this dire, I remember seeing plenty of empty plots years ago, I even managed to buy house twice (I lost the first one). I suppose this might be an effect of booming game population and suspension of reclamations.
That has to be a part of it, but there's probably more. I'd say it's a combination of
  • Huge influx of players since ShB. Even before, housing was limited on well populated servers, available houses got taken within the random timer period on Excal for years (some went to 1-player bot/alt FCs of course).
  • The game is almost nine years old. When houses were added as an FC-thing not many players could just drop a few millions (let alone 50+) on a house for shits and giggles. With general ingame inflation, it's not hard now to afford a medium or large eventually. Affording a small takes no time at all if you focus on it.
  • Even though housing supply was insufficient for years, the amount of plots they added in that timeframe is laughable. The time between new wards and entirely new housing zones like Empyreum has been very, very long, so it can't even keep up with the additional demand of new players, let alone deal with the pent-up demand of people who were already trying to get a house unsuccessfully before.
  • Auto-demolitions have been off a lot over the past years. They were off in late SB for half a year (until April 2019), got turned off again for Covid from March to November 2020. About a year later auto-demo was turned off again because of the login woes around the EW launch, got turned on in February and right off again because of the Russian invasion in Ukraine. A good number of houses got cleared in early 2021, so that's an indication auto-demolition can help a tiny bit, if it's actually on.
  • The old placard spamming system with the random timer was exceptionally terrible, but it kept "casual" house buyers out of the market because few were going to compete with 5-10 clicking bots for up to a day, just to have someone relocate in at the 11th hour. This could give you the impression the demand was lower than it actually was, now the opportunity cost of trying to get a house is a few minutes walking to your desired available plot and buying your lottery ticket so everyone who can afford one and wants one will try to do so.

Right now there are 9 available personal small plots on Excal, and one medium. The smalls have, on average, 60 signups (Goblet and Mist), the two Shirogane smalls have 100 each (total 600 bids for 9 houses). The last medium (terrible spot in the Goblet IMO) is showing over 200 bids right now. The bidding period lasts for another two days.

orcane fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 16, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Frontline gives 1000/500 wolf marks depending on whether you win or lose, Crystal Conflict is 500/250. Frontline matches are usually more than twice as long as a CC match so I'd say hit the daily Frontline Roulette for the bonus and then CC until you have the marks you need.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
do we have any indication how many plots would be freed if they resumed demolitions? Straight up, the only reason I have a house was due to those 2021 demos

I've gone like 1/8 reeling in mora tectas for the lancetfish. I know big fish are basically a coin toss to catch but with this rare, narrow window it feels really punishing. i'm kinda glad i've got a couple hours worth of dungeons to run for anima weapons, i'll put on some chill music to vibe my way past

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 16, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The ever expanding list of what some consider spoilers is getting insane. If you consider just saying the name of a character who appears in the main menu opening cinematic of The expansion this thread is named after and made to discuss a spoiler that should be worried about then you just need to disconnect from any part of the community. If you're going that far out there's basically no event or name or context from the game that isn't by those standards.

People were spoilering the JP title of...A Realm Reborn. Because that is somehow also a spoiler. We really are at the point of parody.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
On Exodus there is one personal medium left in Lavander Beds super out of the way underneath the big tree at the back and it had 200+ bids yesterday when I went to look.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

hazardousmouse posted:

do we have any indication how many plots would be freed if they resumed demolitions? Straight up, the only reason I have a house was due to those 2021 demos

I've gone like 1/8 reeling in mora tectas for the lancetfish. I know big fish are basically a coin toss to catch but with this rare, narrow window it feels really punishing. i'm kinda glad i've got a couple hours worth of dungeons to run for anima weapons, i'll put on some chill music to vibe my way past
It's the only reason I have mine. When demolition kicked in, back in early 2021, there were quite a few houses up for grabs directly in the first day. It depends a lot on how attached people are to their houses I guess, but even so people lost their houses all the time when auto-demo was working, as intended, most of the time instead of like half the time. There are a lot of goons who lost their houses they wanted to keep because they managed to miss the notification e-mails and stayed unsubbed (or forgot to enter the house to reset the timer) for 45 days. Some even more than once. The actual numbers are hard to judge though, and right now a significant amount of them could be in the FC-only wards, not helping others get a personal home for the time being.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
You can also trade in the crystal trophies you get as series malmstones for wolf collars, which can cashed in for 4000 wolf marks per collar.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i think it would be cool if in 6.1+ we somehow redeem the zenos in the 13th and he transforms back into regular zenos but with a huge jiggling rear end, i would also like them to retcon him into ARR/HW and have him in all future expansions

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

In Canada, he's called Zednos

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People were spoilering the JP title of...A Realm Reborn. Because that is somehow also a spoiler. We really are at the point of parody.

Nobody gave a poo poo about that, the post does not spoiler that title, the issue was discussing the expansions after the one Sanguinia was currently playing, as per the LP thread rules. At least, that has been my understanding of the situation and people got real weird about “spoiler policing”.

I did suggest that the name of sequels can inform of potentially spoil story beats in the current part of the game/story. Which is true, and in context Sang has directly stated a desire for any discussion about later expansions be in spoiler text, or just not in the thread at all.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 16, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Nobody gave a poo poo about that, the post does not spoiler that title, the issue was discussing the expansions after the one Sanguinia was currently playing, as per the LP thread rules. At least, that has been my understanding of the situation and people got real weird about “spoiler policing”.

I did suggest that the name of sequels can inform of potentially spoil story beats in the current part of the game/story. Which is true, and in context Sang has directly stated a desire for any discussion about later expansions be in spoiler text, or just not in the thread at all.

Sanguinia has the rule "hey, don't talk about stuff I haven't reached yet" but Goons are loving idiots that can't make a single post without referencing later story things or doing a bunch of "HMMMM THAT CERTAINLY IS CURIOUS ISNT IT? I BET IT COMES UP AGAIN!" at every plot point. It loving sucks.

With the situation in question someone was like "Did you know every expansion has a color? I'm now going to list every expansion and their color, including the expansions you haven't been to yet."

It's not loving difficult to just talk about the content that is presented and avoid future stuff but Goons seem to consistently step on that rake.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
People also go ":byodood: this is a spoiler OMG!!!" about the tiniest detail that technically is from future content, but without goons freaking out about it no newbie would realize...
:thunk:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

orcane posted:

People also go ":byodood: this is a spoiler OMG!!!" about the tiniest detail that technically is from future content, but without goons freaking out about it no newbie would realize...

Good thing the rule is “Don’t talk about future things” then, which Sang called out people talking about the Autumn War before it came up in Stormblood (or in their experience of the game). Which is not in theory a spoiler because it’s been known since ARR but is something Sang had not yet experienced. Which is what the rule is about.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

orcane posted:

There are pillars of light and purple stuff in the background of this screenshot where your WoL looks super badass!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How many of the class/job questlines involve saving your employer's business while working for experience and/or exposure?

Off the top of my head Pugilist, Blacksmith, Paladin, Warrior, Lancer, Leatherworker, Machinist and Rogue all involve safeguarding the reputation of the company or winning a dumb bet the guildmaster made. Plus I suppose all the times we rebuild the Scions.

Makes me wonder what Square's internship situation is like.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

sassassin posted:

How many of the class/job questlines involve saving your employer's business while working for experience and/or exposure?

Off the top of my head Pugilist, Blacksmith, Paladin, Warrior, Lancer, Leatherworker, Machinist and Rogue all involve safeguarding the reputation of the company or winning a dumb bet the guildmaster made. Plus I suppose all the times we rebuild the Scions.

Makes me wonder what Square's internship situation is like.

You literally get paid for those quests, that’s what the quest rewards are, payment for services rendered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lord_Magmar posted:

Good thing the rule is “Don’t talk about future things” then, which Sang called out people talking about the Autumn War before it came up in Stormblood (or in their experience of the game). Which is not in theory a spoiler because it’s been known since ARR but is something Sang had not yet experienced. Which is what the rule is about.
That's not the point. Sure, mentioning the tiny detail is against the LP rules but half a dozen goons freaking out and emphasizing how important spoilering or not even mentioning that detail is, every single time, is the opposite of helpful in those situations.

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 16, 2022