Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Grrm wrote the descriptions of food and nipples to throw us off the scent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Improving the writing of Ty is the "gardening" Gurm always talked about.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I was also looking for this the other day.

EDIT: only found it after typing in "the more she shat": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY&t=1s

I knew what this was going to be just by the preview image alone. The theme music really makes it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don’t think GRRM has even hinted at working on any Dany chapters the last 11 years meaning this is likely the last thing he wrote (and will ever write) about her.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Dany died of dysentery on the way to her home planet continent

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
More like home incontinent :downsrim:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t think GRRM has even hinted at working on any Dany chapters the last 11 years meaning this is likely the last thing he wrote (and will ever write) about her.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dany died of dysentery on the way to her home planet continent
The more she shat the less he wrote, and the less he wrote the more she shat.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/JamesHibberd/status/1537619000858918918?t=bMxSPQiNqDXFYl6BpYjmig&s=19

Surely Kit Harington cannot be out of money already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

These spin offs are gonna be so bad

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mat Cauthon posted:

if they asked you to look very sad, kiss girls, and swing a sword around sometimes you'd probably do it for that kind of cash

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the episodes practically write themselves

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

The haughty night's prince is forced to team up with a recalcitrant john snow to stop a wildling gang leader who turns out to be a child of the forest.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

An apprentice maester uses an alchemical potion to give himself a gigantic....member. John Snow helps him remember his vows.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

John also revisits painful memories while he revisits Eastwatch-In-The-Sea.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

and that maester, is sam tarly

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wait until they introduce Ygritte's identical twin sister!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmfao there is gonna be a sequel series to the main series before the next book for the series that inspired the main series is even out.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
An announcement so baffling it brought Jeffrey to this here humble thread.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

It's going to be an episodic show about day to day happenings at Castle Black between big plot moments.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

the only way i'll watch it is if it's about Jon Snow searching for the elden ring and getting his rear end kicked every week

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jon Snow is definitely the character everybody couldn't get enough of with Got

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Yay, finally Preston Jacobs will have something new to talk about. I'm happy for him

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

John Snow is swallowed by a giant weirwood tree and experiences an entire lifetime of him being raised by rhaegar and lyanna, living a happy self-actualized life, eventually marrying margaery tyrell and having many beautiful children who themselves grow up to be movers and shakers of the realm. Then the weirwood spits him out and he has to be the bastard again.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

King Bran tells John Snow he is going to abdicate the throne to him......on opposite day.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

The development signals an intriguing new direction in HBO’s handling of author George R.R. Martin’s fantasy universe, a move not unlike Disney+’s management of its Star Wars and Marvel brands where the streamer has found success launching character-focused sequel series such as WandaVision (starring Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (with Ewan McGregor reprising his iconic role).
Give me my Qyburn sitcom and hurry it up

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

intriguing

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

John Snow is swallowed by a giant weirwood tree and experiences an entire lifetime of him being raised by rhaegar and lyanna, living a happy self-actualized life, eventually marrying margaery tyrell and having many beautiful children who themselves grow up to be movers and shakers of the realm. Then the weirwood spits him out and he has to be the bastard again.

But will he learn to play the flute?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

I'm guessing whatever talks he's been having with Marvel about the future of his character from Eternals have not been as positive as he hoped.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Imagine not only having your masterpiece finished for you in a bad TV show but than also have sequels written for it too by other people

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol Jon is still dead in the books but we’re getting a sequel TV series about him.

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Wasn’t there a Dunk and Egg show in the works?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

JumpinJackFlash posted:

Wasn’t there a Dunk and Egg show in the works?

There are something like 8 spin-offs in various stages of developmental.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Can't wait to see what wacky adventures johnny snows gets up to north of the wall where there's literally no towns and like 12 people left.
Now that I think about it, why would they even go back, there's been like 2 massive wars and a zombie apocalypse in the already sparsely populated north, they could just stay where it's slightly less lovely and nobody would be able to do anything about it.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Can't wait to see what wacky adventures johnny snows gets up to north of the wall where there's literally no towns and like 12 people left.

Letterkenny with swords.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Now that I think about it, why would they even go back, there's been like 2 massive wars and a zombie apocalypse in the already sparsely populated north, they could just stay where it's slightly less lovely and nobody would be able to do anything about it.

Presumably there has been a thaw, with an age of heroes* nation revealed. Though that may not be the show they want to make.

*lost and forgotten during the long night.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I legit can’t remember if he was explicitly exiled north of the Wall or just sent back to the Nights Watch (which has no point at all now) and went “gently caress this” and went North. As if it matters.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

It's probably just going to be wildling adventures, I assume they did some research and figured that's what people liked most about the old Jon Snow storyline.

I guess theoretically you could do a pretty nice political or mythological storyline too, like he finds out about the true nature of Bran or learns more about the Children of the Forest and so on. But given that him rising from the dead and him being a secret Targ were just ignored in the main series, I suppose the show makers aren't really interested in that sort of plot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Everything to do with White Walkers seems like poison after their unbelievably unsatisfactory plot in the main series. It’s part of why that Long Night pilot was binned.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

giving 100:1 odds that the first episode title is "you know nothing, jon snow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think it's really funny and probably misguided HBO are trying to make GoT into a Star Wars, given that it's already regarded as a very mixed bag with the terribleness of the last season being a meme, Star Wars had 30 years of nostalgia working in its favor following the extremely positively received original trilogy (cause I guess people back in the 80s were less sensitive to things like 'hey, the third movie is actually poo poo'), people were willing to overlook a lot of cruminess due to nostalgia, with GoT people already figured out it was mostly poo poo as it happens, will people really stick around for "Borgias - Platinum Blonde Fantasy Edition" or whatever it is the new show is meant to be if it isn't genuinely good? and what are the odds any of it is good it's not like GRRM's fake histories were really all the compelling, everyone who read them was just skimming for clues on the main series. I don't know thread.