Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Boco_T posted:

Went and found the premier picture I took at Brickfair 2011 in Chantilly, VA

Needs a brick built Hulk Hogan.

Also, I’m the penis tip at the bottom of the frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.reuters.com/business/lego-invest-over-1-billion-first-us-brick-plant-2022-06-15/

The tallneck is sold out at my local lego store :'(

But I got the mando starfighter, the goat boat, and succulents. I love the forestman promo set. So much nostalgia.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sivart13 posted:

I was a little bothered with my Tallneck at the end because it seems like the disc should be perfectly aligned with the ground but instead it's tilted down at a 15 degree angle or something.

Mine looks like this video but the picture on the LEGO website looks a lot straighter. Perhaps it's just all tomfoolery with the camera angles though.

You need to adjust the legs a bit

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Jazz Quartet was officially revealed, finally. $99 USD, releases July 1st

Some clever part usage. I like the unprinted game controller piece used as a bowtie.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

RatHat posted:

Jazz Quartet was officially revealed, finally. $99 USD, releases July 1st

Some clever part usage. I like the unprinted game controller piece used as a bowtie.
Haha, the unprinted game controller is the steering wheel on the Speed Champions Mercedes F1 car too, versatile piece

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Boco_T posted:

Haha, the unprinted game controller is the steering wheel on the Speed Champions Mercedes F1 car too, versatile piece

That’s legit what the F1 wheel is like anyway

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

RatHat posted:

You need to adjust the legs a bit
that was it

I was focused on whether the head-neck or neck-body connections were somehow off, didn't notice the leg joints could go back a click

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm a broke-rear end bitch that needs to sell off a bunch of old sets; what would be the best way to go about it? Ebay? I tried looking at the Brickset forums and adjacent but they make my brain hurt trying to navigate them. Here's what I have at the moment.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Another walker project

AT-CP

All terrain command/communication pod

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been seriously considering disassembling and storing 75% of my collection, but I can't find a single set I have on display that I want to take down lol.

I'm jealous of people that have enough living space to just make a low key spare Lego room and otherwise have an adult looking place to live in. Just want a tasteful Lego shelf when I have enough to fill up a large room and it all gets peppered around the 1000 sq ft I have to live in.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The lego instructions app is pretty neat. Being able to see and rotate the parts in 3D can be really helpful. Really drains my IPad battery fast though

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Boco_T posted:

One of the awnings in the Ninjago City Gardens is also made with layered video game controllers. There's also little roofs made with sausages and cleavers.

Anyway, the Speed Champions style James Bond Aston Martin has shown up on a French retailer's website, along with the Fast & Furious 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with a Dominic Toretto minifig:

Fingers crossed that the movie subtheme of Speed Champions will include a Death Race 2000 Frankenstein/Matilda the Hun dual pack at some point.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Taeke posted:

The more I look at it the more I love it. My biggest worry was that it wouldn't get the scale right. Ingame those things are huge and literally tower over everything so I was worried that with a minifig Aloy next to it it would feel off, but it absolutely doesn't. I'm sure it's smaller than it 'should' be but it feels right.

Man, I really hope they do some more Horizon sets.

Thunderjaw when? The tall neck is so well done, this game is just begging for lego adaptations

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm a broke-rear end bitch that needs to sell off a bunch of old sets; what would be the best way to go about it? Ebay? I tried looking at the Brickset forums and adjacent but they make my brain hurt trying to navigate them. Here's what I have at the moment.

Best way? I think it probably depends on how much work you want to put into things. Are your sets separated, complete, and with instructions? If so If I'd think the modulars should sell quickly and easily, maybe look at current pricing on bricklink and ebay. I've only bought stuff there, but Mercari might be another one to check out. If you're looking for a lower effort avenue with (in my experience) good results, might try posting what you got in SA mart and pop a link in here, I've bought some sets from goons and it's always been a great experience and saves you hefty sellers fees and lovely anonymous buyers. Heck, I might be interested in buying the castle stuff as a bundle if you have an idea what you're looking for price wise.

To make things easier on yourself I might try listing modulars individually, then bundling your themes like castle and Antarctic and sell it as a bulk lot, otherwise it's probably going to take awhile. Bricklink takes a lot of work and there's some discussion in the last few pages about some of the challenges there if I recall correctly, basically you need a huge and varied inventory to attract buyers and it's just a lot of work. I don't know what being a seller is like on ebay these days, but I've been turbo hosed by lovely buyers on laptops, where they'll break it a month after receiving it and send it back for a full refund and I'm out shipping and a nice laptop, or lose the charger and say I didn't ship it and shake me down for a partial refund when the buyer is a bulk laptop reseller shop. I'll never sell on ebay ever again, but might be ok for you... seller beware.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 16, 2022

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I know it's kinda hard to do it justice in Lego scale but that charger looks like a block.

What I want is a Lego post apocalyptic theme.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

I have had very good luck selling things on Facebook Marketplace as well, and you don't have to worry about shipping.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

EvilJoven posted:

I know it's kinda hard to do it justice in Lego scale but that charger looks like a block.

Actually they're called bricks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does the rumored Modular Sanctum Sanctorum have a rumored release date?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

OSU_Matthew posted:

Thunderjaw when? The tall neck is so well done, this game is just begging for lego adaptations

Best way? I think it probably depends on how much work you want to put into things. Are your sets separated, complete, and with instructions? If so If I'd think the modulars should sell quickly and easily, maybe look at current pricing on bricklink and ebay. I've only bought stuff there, but Mercari might be another one to check out. If you're looking for a lower effort avenue with (in my experience) good results, might try posting what you got in SA mart and pop a link in here, I've bought some sets from goons and it's always been a great experience and saves you hefty sellers fees and lovely anonymous buyers. Heck, I might be interested in buying the castle stuff as a bundle if you have an idea what you're looking for price wise.

To make things easier on yourself I might try listing modulars individually, then bundling your themes like castle and Antarctic and sell it as a bulk lot, otherwise it's probably going to take awhile. Bricklink takes a lot of work and there's some discussion in the last few pages about some of the challenges there if I recall correctly, basically you need a huge and varied inventory to attract buyers and it's just a lot of work. I don't know what being a seller is like on ebay these days, but I've been turbo hosed by lovely buyers on laptops, where they'll break it a month after receiving it and send it back for a full refund and I'm out shipping and a nice laptop, or lose the charger and say I didn't ship it and shake me down for a partial refund when the buyer is a bulk laptop reseller shop. I'll never sell on ebay ever again, but might be ok for you... seller beware.

All the sets are complete (although just loose-in-box) with instructions, yes! I guess I'll post an SA-Mart thread and just go off the used prices on Brickset, plus a discount for goons/bulk buys. Thanks for the help!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

July or August I believe

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Skios posted:

One of the awnings in the Ninjago City Gardens is also made with layered video game controllers. There's also little roofs made with sausages and cleavers.

Anyway, the Speed Champions style James Bond Aston Martin has shown up on a French retailer's website, along with the Fast & Furious 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with a Dominic Toretto minifig:

Fingers crossed that the movie subtheme of Speed Champions will include a Death Race 2000 Frankenstein/Matilda the Hun dual pack at some point.

Frankenstein?? I'll give you Frankenstein!! :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlfOckjXxLU&t=8s

That sausage awning though... if you even look at it wrong it disintegrates. Looks great when it's done perfectly, however.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finished my Kakapo. I really like the finished model but the building experience was a bit tedious. Not surprising since a a 3rd of the pieces are 1x1 plates or tiles...Also the wings are a little prone to coming off but it's not a problem for a display model.

EDIT: :parrot:

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 16, 2022

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Futanari Damacy posted:

sausage awning

Quality username here

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

All the sets are complete (although just loose-in-box) with instructions, yes! I guess I'll post an SA-Mart thread and just go off the used prices on Brickset, plus a discount for goons/bulk buys. Thanks for the help!

Make sure to use pirateship! You'll save a ton of money on shipping costs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It’s going to be announced officially at Lego Con 22, so we’ll know then.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Skios posted:

...along with the Fast & Furious 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with a Dominic Toretto minifig:

granny brickin'

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can't get over lego's product photogrpahy/renders hilighting the edge of every single plate used to build the side of that car. You'd never see it like that in real life, but in the image it looks like pin striping.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

In his review of the Forest Hideout Tiago Catarino mentions that this GWP will also be available in august: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogBO_-vAJY (check the discription). Are there any other sources that confirm this?

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

It's available now, just got one with an order on the AU site. Need to spend $209AUD or more.

ElZilcho fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 16, 2022

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

There isn't anything i'm interested in for sale. But the new Castle should release in august and that's something I would get.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
It would make sense to have this GWP available for the big anniversary classic castle release.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Would much rather have that hideout than the box thing (?) that I got the other week. Wonder how much I can get for it on eBay...

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

ElZilcho posted:

It's available now, just got one with an order on the AU site. Need to spend $209AUD or more.

Wife allowed me to buy a few Christmas/upcoming birthday gifts so I could qualify for the hideout. Wish it had a few more traditional branch pieces, but it will be cool to see the retro box design again.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

It would make sense to have this GWP available for the big anniversary classic castle release.

I honestly cannot fathom why they wouldn't. Maybe they know castle nerds (me included) are locked in for the castle regardless, so might as well extract another £150 in the run up?! That seems particularly scummy though.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

mitochondritom posted:

I honestly cannot fathom why they wouldn't. Maybe they know castle nerds (me included) are locked in for the castle regardless, so might as well extract another £150 in the run up?! That seems particularly scummy though.

Lego management is pretty god drat scummy at the moment. So I think it's intentional to try to purge some inventory before the new sets come out.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Scipiotik posted:

Lego management is pretty god drat scummy at the moment. So I think it's intentional to try to purge some inventory before the new sets come out.

They're sickos, I tell ya :yeshaha:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When they learned AFOLs would pay ridiculous amounts for GWPs, there’s been no cheap ones since.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
FYI Amazon Germany has the orchids for 34.99€ instead of 49.99

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Where's the goddamn Delorean restock you sobs

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Hopper posted:

FYI Amazon Germany has the orchids for 34.99€ instead of 49.99

Also the pyramid for €100 instead of €140 in case anybody wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Waiting a month to order Optimus Prime will be tough.