Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Do we have an actual lawyer in the thread who can say if this meets the criteria for mens rea?

Cause to my dumb rear end layman's ears, this certainly sounds like it's mens rea up to the rafters. I don't know how much better you could show knowing it's a crime and then criming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do we have an actual lawyer in the thread who can say if this meets the criteria for mens rea?

Cause to my dumb rear end layman's ears, this certainly sounds like it's mens rea up to the rafters. I don't know how much better you could show knowing it's a crime and then criming.

I'm not an actual lawyer but yes. Any reasonable person would have concluded "this is illegal".

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

Xiahou Dun posted:

The lawyer testifying said they all knew it violated federal law (although it's not clear if there is consequence to a violation of the electoral act that was referenced). Not a lawyer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mdemone posted:

I'm not an actual lawyer but yes. Any reasonable person would have concluded "this is illegal".

Aha! But what if I myself am unreasonable? Then it’s fine, right???

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?
Luckily you being unreasonable has no bearing on what a reasonable person is!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

There is no way this ends without Tump indicted.

It would be the most ridiculous embarrassment for everyone in both branches. gently caress gently caress function

Edit: I'm leaving it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ginny Thomas has also said she's "willing" to appear before the J6 committee, purely to "correct the misconceptions" surrounding her.

It's probably 50/50 odds on whether she's going to show up and lie her rear end off under oath because she believes she's fireproof as the wife of a SCOTUS Justice, or she's gonna pull a Barr/Miller/Eastman/Jared/Ivanka and just drop straight truths thinking they'll never see the light of day.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Stupid Lady, the "P-word" is "piss."

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Ginny Thomas has also said she's "willing" to appear before the J6 committee, purely to "correct the misconceptions" surrounding her.

It's probably 50/50 odds on whether she's going to show up and lie her rear end off under oath because she believes she's fireproof as the wife of a SCOTUS Justice, or she's gonna pull a Barr/Miller/Eastman/Jared/Ivanka and just drop straight truths thinking they'll never see the light of day.

She does not strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, nor has she apparently ever suffered a consequence in her life. My money is on the latter, she would go and outright dare them to do something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
watching all these chuds waddle around and legit believe everything he said. shits loving nuts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Oracle posted:

She does not strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, nor has she apparently ever suffered a consequence in her life. My money is on the latter, she would go and outright dare them to do something.

to me the whole thing reeks of delusional morons and morons who think they are cunning or "know the truth" and they all feed off each other or media so they think that all the poo poo will just work.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

mdemone posted:

It would be the most ridiculous embarrassment for everyone in both branches. gently caress gently caress function

Edit: I'm leaving it

Surely this time he'll face the consequences of his actions!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Ginni Thomas is loving bugfuck insane.

She's going to rant about Pizzagate, Qanon, and Trump ordained by god on live tv and it's going to own :allears:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Charliegrs posted:

Surely this time he'll face the consequences of his actions!

I didn't say that lol

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I am saying it. I am calling first. Thanks.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/status/1537496480902168576

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Ginni Thomas is loving bugfuck insane.

She's going to rant about Pizzagate, Qanon, and Trump ordained by god on live tv and it's going to own :allears:

I’m hoping for some Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation case level testimony. Where the lawyers for the plaintiffs boxed Jones in so tightly on a factual level that he just started ranting and doing an impromptu live Info Wars show in the hearing room as a means to try and bulldoze his way out of the logic trap.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Equal time? Hell, this whole thing is about him. Joe Biden should be demanding equal time.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
sworn affidavit from a member of the proud boys who was an FBI confidential informant saying that their intent was to kill pence and pelosi

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
heh

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1537481164860010496

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Riptor posted:

sworn affidavit from a member of the proud boys who was an FBI confidential informant saying that their intent was to kill pence and pelosi

The Proud Boys should be declared a terrorist organization like, today

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No one is stopping him from testifying to the committee. I say give him all the equal time he wants on the witness stand.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol, "unselect committee".
Just god drat, his shitness knows no bounds

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Lol, "unselect committee".
Just god drat, his shitness knows no bounds

"reject committee" would make so much more sense

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trump contains the pettiness and whininess of 1,000 toddlers. It's his freaking super power.

Please tell me Eastman is no longer allowed to practice law.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Madkal posted:

Please tell me Eastman is no longer allowed to practice law.

Eastman will hopefully not be allowed to go outside after this, let alone be in court.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Eastman: hey now that we've established the law is not that big a deal, can I ask you to break it just this once?

Holy cow this guy.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"I've decided that I should be on the pardon list"

lol

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What the gently caress is on the wall behind Herschman?

loving JUSTICE bat, weird sconces(???), panda portrait???

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

snorch posted:

Eastman: hey now that we've established the law is not that big a deal, can I ask you to break it just this once?

Holy cow this guy.

loving lol then asked for a pardon

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
They are actively building up Pence and his staff. It definitely feels like the committee is trying to build a path for Republicans to take that puts them in a positive light if they hang Trump out to dry.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Eric Herschmann must be a huge David Justice fan

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

T.C. posted:

They are actively building up Pence and his staff. It definitely feels like the committee is trying to build a path for Republicans to take that puts them in a positive light if they hang Trump out to dry.

They are not gonna take that out and hold onto the grenade until it blows up in their hand.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Anyone else praying he actually says something?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

mdemone posted:

He's not going to be indicted.

No problem, Don. Come on down and get sworn in then spend 12 hours under oath like Hillary Clinton did.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

OPENLY CALLING TRUMP A DANGER TO DEMOCRACY IN A CONGRESSIONAL HEARING

Buried in his Scheherazade sentences, but he said those exact words. Hot drat.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine being down to 9k likes after having been the twitmeister. Needing other people to tweet for you and seeing them get more likes.

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
The judge is very clearly disturbed and hates saying these words out loud and what they mean for our country.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

God what a finale it would be if Trump actually testifies and just goes completely insane on the stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Seriously though what's this luttig guy's deal? The pauses when he speaks render him borderline incomprehensible.