Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

beep by grandpa posted:

...............that statement is atcually very well put together and owns?? :confused:

This might be the first time this century that I have felt good about my team, however fleetingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1535772805551251456

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Must have been a little dust up with his account

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
ALRIGHT BOYS DUST OFF YOUR DREAM TEAM GEAR, WE BACK BABY!!!

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34081785/philadelphia-eagles-wr-devon-allen-runs-third-fastest-110m-hurdles-ever-1284

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I was at a wedding in Colorado last weekend. There was a girl there with an Eagles tattoo on her leg. On the shuttle bus back from the reception, I had enough to drink to ask dumb questions. Turns out she's from Chicago, dating the bride's brother. Loves Philly sports because her dad is from Philadelphia. ???

Then she starts the Fly Eagles Fly song on the bus. My wife is facepalming the whole time.

Anyway, I didn't realize Delco went all the way to Chicago.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FogHelmut posted:

I was at a wedding in Colorado last weekend. There was a girl there with an Eagles tattoo on her leg. On the shuttle bus back from the reception, I had enough to drink to ask dumb questions. Turns out she's from Chicago, dating the bride's brother. Loves Philly sports because her dad is from Philadelphia. ???

Then she starts the Fly Eagles Fly song on the bus. My wife is facepalming the whole time.

Anyway, I didn't realize Delco went all the way to Chicago.

Delco is transcendent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They made a whole popular tv show about Delco

It’s not a secret anymore

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

This might be the first time this century that I have felt good about my team, however fleetingly

It’s a long overdue step in the right direction. Jason Wright is probably finally wrestling control of the brand and image from Snyder, who would be loving smart to allow it and back the gently caress off given all the recent hot water he’s in. You’re starting to see cool and good things like this:

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1536001476354506753?s=20&t=BQ1RJIyUpqy6c1ETwQuaNg

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Meanwhile Terry Mclaurin will be a no show at the mandatory minicamp as he holds out for his long overdue and justified pay day.

https://twitter.com/AlGaldi/status/1536056831436591105?s=20&t=f7sGLDzxzb50Xc9yU71HSw

He’s the one player on the team that’s actually worth a mega deal, I hope he holds out as long as he can. Hell, he’s probably going to follow the Kirk Cousins path and ride the franchise tag for 2-3 years before becoming a true free agent that can go anywhere at any price. Wouldn’t blame him in the slightest.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1537077278353539073?s=20&t=JDoHUGLI7kCWoQslsOkrtA

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

hahahahahahaha that little poo poo

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Broadcast it in primetime, the nation must know

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

new eagles "wordmark"

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/1537481316656193538

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles loving up their already poo poo rear end logo and text is such a philly thing to do

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Powerful graphic text design is my passion energy

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah seems pointless, not an improvement and it doesn't exactly scream "Eagles" or anything. Send like change just for the sake of change

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This loving sucks.

That's some mid-tier regional office supply company font.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Pfft, call me when they bring back Kelly Green from the early 90s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

iamsosmrt posted:

Yeah seems pointless, not an improvement and it doesn't exactly scream "Eagles" or anything. Send like change just for the sake of change

I agree with this dude lmao

https://twitter.com/PocketRocketPJ/status/1537484584903909377

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Oooooo...a WORDMARK!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fartknocker posted:

Pfft, call me when they bring back Kelly Green from the early 90s

my entire life has been existential screaming for kelly greens and my only memory of them was the loving rich kotite ray rhodes eagles ffs

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Kelly Green alts next year. Not sure which era though…

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I think it sucks less than the late-90s, Saturday morning cartoon-looking text they have now

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Speaking objectively, the Kelly Green are definitely up there in the Uniform Hall of Fame, along with Dallas whites, the old 60s Raiders black, Chargers baby blue, and the Falcon's black from the 80s

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
NYG have always had great Uniforms. Maybe one of the most consistently good sets in the NFL

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/6/17...cessive-contact

On the one hand: LMAO

On the other hand: oh no please don’t take away an OTA, we’ll never get to a Super Bowl without that extra practice!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

NYG have always had great Uniforms. Maybe one of the most consistently good sets in the NFL

Nope they hosed up hard and got rid of their bomb rear end Giants helmet for the terrible NY and the red uniforms are cursed

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
you know those opinions you have that you know are like objectively bad opinions but you have them anyway because that's just how you feel

i think the kelly greens suck poo poo

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Doltos posted:

Nope they hosed up hard and got rid of their bomb rear end Giants helmet for the terrible NY and the red uniforms are cursed

The Giants won multiple NFL titles in the 1940's and 1950's with red jerseies. If it was good enough for Frank Gifford and Rosie Brown and Emlen Tunnell it's good enough for todays guys as a throwback.

I'm 50/50 on the ny vs GIANTS. The ny is again, an iconic logo through team history, but most fans 35+ think of LT and Simms and those helmets.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef posted:

you know those opinions you have that you know are like objectively bad opinions but you have them anyway because that's just how you feel

i think the kelly greens suck poo poo

I like the Cowboys blue unis look better

Shame they're apparently cursed when they wear those colors

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I have mixed feelings on the Kelly greens. On the one hand, they look good and I get a nostalgia hit from seeing them. On the other, they harken back to an era where the Eagles were always second bananas in the NFC East.

The color also feels a little closer to the Jets unis and who wants that?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The Best:

(But with the NY helmet)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=main

is a fun Football uniform dork site.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bring back the blue/yellow Eagles throwbacks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

I'm 50/50 on the ny vs GIANTS. The ny is again, an iconic logo through team history, but most fans 35+ think of LT and Simms and those helmets.

:same:

That said, I irrationally love that upper case NY logo they had for one year in 1975. It’s 70s pseudo-futuristic as all hell but I like it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I honestly don't give a gently caress about uniforms. Except that I don't think the Eagles should ever wear all black

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah black uniforms are awful

Especially that heinous poo poo they did last season against the jets

The jets being in all black didn't help but the white on black looks so awful

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

1997 are the best Jets uniforms. Fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nobody cares [jets]